Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

AlphaDerma WOW (and some questions)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusanC
5% products discount

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I am one happy bunny, thanks to Cindi I am now the proud owner of some skin prep and ADCE Very Happy

I've only applied them three times and I want to make sure I'm using them properly. I use Vivier Kine-C and Eye contour serum. Now I know that there is Vit C in ADCE but is it OK to continue with the Vivier too? If yes should I apply before or after the skin prep?

Should you apply the face prep and ADCE all over or just problem areas for best results?

Once you've massaged the ADCE in should you apply make up straight away or wait?

Is it OK to use ADCE under the eyes - I am planning on getting some Okusil Wink Does Okusil really reduce puffiness and discoloration?

Also if I feel the need for a light moisturiser is that OK should I apply straight after ADCE or wait a while?

So, I've only applied them three times but I am so impressed. My routine has been Vivier, skin prep, ADCE, moisturiser, make up (daytime). The areas of most visible improvement has been been under my chin and neck. It seems to have lifted my jaw line and really softened the lines on my neck

What is bizarre is the feeling you get in the brow area - after the first application it felt like I had forgotten how to frown Embarassed yes I know that sounds stupid I should have expected that Brick wall

Anyway, barring any major problems I'm hooked Dancing
Mabsy

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
You can still continue with the vitamin C serum, in fact, I would suggest that to get a higher concentration. My mum uses the JB prep all over, then uses the Vivier 20% serum all over, then uses the Alphaderma CE and also Okusil.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Dancing Yay, well done Sus, glad you got great results. Keep me posted, I'll try not to be jealous Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
You can still continue with the vitamin C serum, in fact, I would suggest that to get a higher concentration. My mum uses the JB prep all over, then uses the Vivier 20% serum all over, then uses the Alphaderma CE and also Okusil.

Vitamin C Serum does work for some using AlphaDerma CE. However, Vit C can be drying. In some cases when used with AlphaDermaCE, Prep and Okusil we have found that some complain of dryness. AlphaDerma has 5% Vit. C. We have found the ingredients/percentages in AlphaDerma blend will give optimal results. If you want to use a vit C we suggest that once starting the Janson-Beckett program you use only the AlphaDerma line. After that you can gradually add other products. Of course if you would like to use an added moisturizer over AlphaDerma that is fine. Just wait until the ADCE has absorbed (1-2minutes).

Winnie
JB
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,

Which goes on first, prep or Vit C?
Thanks Exclamation
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Gaby wrote:
Winnie,

Which goes on first, prep or Vit C?
Thanks Exclamation

It is recommended that you use the Mineral Prep before any other product. The Prep increases cell energy so other products you use work better. Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Vitamin C Serum does work for some using AlphaDerma CE. However, Vit C can be drying. In some cases when used with AlphaDermaCE, Prep and Okusil we have found that some complain of dryness. AlphaDerma has 5% Vit. C. We have found the ingredients/percentages in AlphaDerma blend will give optimal results. If you want to use a vit C we suggest that once starting the Janson-Beckett program you use only the AlphaDerma line. After that you can gradually add other products. Of course if you would like to use an added moisturizer over AlphaDerma that is fine. Just wait until the ADCE has absorbed (1-2minutes).

Indeed, some vit C serums can be drying. This is generally not the case with the Vivier serum. The problem that I have with just using ADCE and no vit C is the low concentration of vit C and the type of vit C used (from what I recall it's not l-ascorbic but I could be wrong). My mum has seen great results by using Vivier and ADCE (and skin prep). Although, I do agree that for the first few days at least you should go with just the ADCE and skin prep and see how this agrees with your skin before you start adding things.
SusanC
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone, that has really helped Very Happy Now I know the best order to use everything I'll post a full review after a couple of weeks.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Indeed, some vit C serums can be drying. This is generally not the case with the Vivier serum. The problem that I have with just using ADCE and no vit C is the low concentration of vit C and the type of vit C used (from what I recall it's not l-ascorbic but I could be wrong). My mum has seen great results by using Vivier and ADCE (and skin prep). Although, I do agree that for the first few days at least you should go with just the ADCE and skin prep and see how this agrees with your skin before you start adding things.

I so *totally* agree with Mabsy on the Vivier vitamin C - I used the Vivier C 20 with absolutely no irritation - Vivier has their own delivery system for the C that is *so* NOT drying that I almost didn't feel like I needed anything on top of it - I know others who don't feel *at all* like they needed anything over it...the Vivier vitamin C is really unique in terms of how it feels on the skin - it did not leave me feeling tight or uncomfortable - even in the Vivier highest C concentration formula. If ever you thought you couldn't stand the irritation of a C serum - give the Vivier a shot - it's extraordinarily comfortable on the skin
Pudoodles
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:33 am      Reply with quote
The problem that alot of people are having is they get hung up on percentages of active ingredients. A product like AlphaDerma has the optimum percentages that work in conjunction with each other. Remember higher is not always better. A formulation is like a puzzle, each piece must fit just right to come up with the end result. To make the product you have to come out with 100% after all the ingredients are added. Each ingredient has to be the optimum percentage to work with each other. When you do studies and test the products with aestheticians and doctors you get the feedback you need to come up with a formula that works and is safe. We have broken down in our lab many items to see if the percentages are what they claim and they were not. Being in the industry as long as I have been and knowing what the cost of raw materials are some of the prices they charge for such high percentages I could not even buy the raw material let alone packaging and labor to put it together. 20% Vit-C, we have used it to see the effects in a cosmetic application and found that if you use a higher grade Ascorbyl Palmitate you do not need the high percent. Example, I manufacture 40% Glycolic Acid strictly for the use of physicians. For the general public we go up to 15%. We have compared our 10% to others 20% and found that our formula at 10% is stronger than their 20%. It is a matter of the purity of the ingredients and again the proper blending. The AlphaDerma CE has Ascorbyl Palmitate in it which is the stable and better form of VIT C. In our At Home Spa Items we have VIT C SERUM. The percentages are no where near what others claim to have. To prove my point I will give away to the first 100 EDS Members our C and C Serum 6 Pack FREE! If anyone is interested please call JB or e-mail us and we will only charge for shipping. Mabsy you are the first one I am going to get it to so you can see what I am talking about. Again if anyone is interested please call JB and not Mabsy as we will handle this. Our toll free number is 1-888-476-3600 or please e-mail to orders@Janson-Beckett.com. Mabsy if you have to edit this I understand but I would like to show people that you can get good results without looking for the highest percentage. This product is not in the AlphaDerma Line and I really don't care about promoting it as I already have plenty of distribution but I thought this would be a good way to proove my point.

Mabsy wrote:
Winnie wrote:

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Shock Wow Ian, what a very generous offer! Just as soon as I pick myself up off the floor, I'm sending an email straight away. Thanks again Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
SO EXCITING!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks so much, Ian!!
Mabsy

Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ian - that is a very generous offer and I am sure that many people will jump at the chance to try the ampoules and I will be interested in how they work as well (thank you Smile). Just to clarify though, I generally prefer the higher % Vivier serums because I see better results with them, not just because they have a higher %. I do agree though that there are different types of vit C with different stability and penetration etc so it is not just a matter of the concentration. With the results my mum is getting though there is no way that she would consider dropping to just ADCE - the combination of ADCE, skin prep and Vivier 20% is working out very well for her (and she usually has dry skin).

ps. Thank you for removing me from the equation and directing interested members to JB directly. I think you just saved me countless PMs Smile
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
OOohh! that is exciting!!! I want to try that!
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ian,
I tried the number and got some rings and then a busy signal possibly meaning that the line is overloaded I suppose. I emailed about the free trial gift and will have to wait and see if I get a response. I am guessing that first hundred could be going pretty quickly. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It is pretty close to time for me to order a few new things from JB that I am running out of and another that I want to try anyway, so maybe I'll get lucky with the C 6 pack and will be able to include it with the order.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Wow...this is too generous and I hope I was one of the first 100 to reply. I e-mailed....and haven't heard back yet. But trying to be patient (not my strong suit). Smile

Lori
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed my order - only had to paying for shipping Very Happy Thanks so much, Ian.
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
So far I have only received about 30 responces to the offer. If anyone reads this thread as of the 17th or 18th there is still alot to be given out. We are going to ship the FREE offer to everyone on the 25th of April. The Vit-C I promise will be wonderful and you will see that it is not the percentage but the proper blend of both forms of Vit-C and the delivery system that makes the difference. It also helps to have a chemist that has been formulating cosmetic applications for more than 30 years and knows the skin and the ingredients like the back of his hand. For this offer I am putting the Vit - C in the package that the Okusil comes in as it makes it easy to use and sterile when using the dropper. I plan on packaging enough for 200 units so I hope more people contact us by Friday as that is the cut off to get the FREE offer. To get the FREE offer just e-mail or call and give us you info plus credit card info to charge for shipping. I have Lou Martelli taking care of this project. When you call ask for him and he will get your info.1-856-424-8018. Thanks again and hope you like the product.

Ian

marella wrote:
Ian,
I tried the number and got some rings and then a busy signal possibly meaning that the line is overloaded I suppose. I emailed about the free trial gift and will have to wait and see if I get a response. I am guessing that first hundred could be going pretty quickly. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It is pretty close to time for me to order a few new things from JB that I am running out of and another that I want to try anyway, so maybe I'll get lucky with the C 6 pack and will be able to include it with the order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ian

Thanks, I've ordered mine too. It's very generous.

Perhaps if you started a new thread reading 'FREE Vit C sample' more people would see it. Unless I'm interested in a topic I don't browse through all of them.

Or maybe it would upset Site admin. Just a suggestion. I'm sure more people would like to try it.

M
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
My order is in, and I can't wait to get it!!!

Again, Ian...thanks so much for your generous offer.

Lori
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I replyed to Ian as well. Keep my finger crossed. Laughing
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I also ordered.I'm so excited. I also ordered the renewed radiance exfoliant, I figured I am paying for shipping, It is a good chance to get that ( I got a sample before and decided I couldn't live without it, but I didn't want to pay for shipping for just one thing). I can't wait to try the C
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I received the 5-day sample kit and started using it last Saturday. I looked great at a dinner party that evening. I used it again on Sunday and looked great at a concert and dinner afterwards. Then on Monday, my skin was broken out and by Monday night my eyelids looked a little dry and droopy! This is all so strange. I was initially very impressed with an immediate tightening/firming effect, but the acne and subsequent drying around my eyes has me gunshy about continuing with the program. I know these products have been discussed at great length on various threads, so I'll have to do some forum research and try to find out if there's a solution to these problems. I don't use a Vit. C product (yet) and I don't drink very much alcohol which would otherwise explain the dryness. The acne is an anomaly, but I seem to recall other postings about this situation -- I'll just have to find them.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ian! I just placed my order and can't wait to try it out.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ian,

My email got through just fine and I got my response. The phone number just wasn't working quite right that night for some reason. Thanks. I am looking forward to trying it out.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |