Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
KATEE...IS CLINICAL...I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I received this email after asking about returning an IS Clinical product because I used the sight you recommended...

"Katherine Medina at SkinTerra forwarded me your email regarding your location of Super Serum at a lesser price at another site. I would like to make you aware that if the site you are referring to is: estheticallycorrect.com, this is not a recognized dealer for IS CLINICAL products. We do NOT warranty any IS CLINICAL products that are purchased from estheticallycorrect.com. We have a very strict Internet policy which forbids discounting of our products, which are available only through exclusive locations, which are listed on our website:www.isclinical.com. We have been attempting to have our products removed from estheticallycorrect.com, which is being handled in a legal manner. I have personally received “product” that was purchased through estheticallycorrect.com and it was NOT our IS CLINICAL formulation inside of the bottle; therefore, I would strongly recommend you do not purchase through that site (as the product may be counterfeit). We are very grateful that you have chosen to purchase the IS CLINICAL Super Serum through SkinTerra, and Katherine Medina is one of the finest skincare experts in the industry. I wanted to warn you personally not to purchase any IS CLINICAL products from an unauthorized source, as they may not be authentic. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will personally take care of the situation. Thank you again for your understanding.

All the best,

Bryan Johns

President/CEO

IS CLINICAL/Innovative Skincare"
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Probably why they're backordered on some products-I tried to order. Confused They're also not responding to my e-mail on shipping costs to Canada, although they did e-mail me that they do, in fact, ship.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you for forwarding that.

I know that IS Clinical has a strict policy about selling over the internet. They really want their clients consulting with an aesthetician or a derm.... I understand their reasoning and respect. However, with THAT said, I have to say I'm not certain that their claims questioning the authenticity of the product is true. I had gotten a pretty sizeable sample from my dermatologist before I purchased the products and the smell, feel, and, most importantly, the RESULTS, were the same....

Who knows Rolling Eyes Butttt....thank you for THAT info.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is not good news. I just ordered from them last night Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So abejita, are you saying you used IS Clinical products fromwww.estheticallycorrect.com and want to return them? Why???
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
actually, i originally bought my superserum from skinterra at full price. Then I saw katee's post aboutwww.estheticallycorrect.com. there was a thirty dollar difference in price, so I bought one from thewww.estheticallycorrect.com site and wanted to return the skinterra one. they wanted to know why i wanted to return the serum and I told them I found it for a better price (I never mentioned thewww.estheticallycorrect.com site) that is when I got the email from the ceo.

I can't say anything about the authenticity of their products as this is my first bottle, I just thought I should pass it along.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, maybe the dire response from skinterra is more or less a hissy fit. When you think of it, the prices for some of these products are outrageous considering the companies do very little advertizing, unlike major brands such as Estee Lauder, etc. There's really a lot of price controlling going on with the exclusivity of the marketing. For instance, since these aren't prescription products, why do docs have to be involved in the purchase? I'd be willing to bet that some of these salon-grade cosmetic companies invite physicians to "symposia" in exotic locales, with the ostensible purpose of educating them about their products, but really just to seduce them. Then they promise that they'll only market their wares through doctor's offices and websites, promising nice profits. Maybe I'm too cynical, but the anti-aging industry is probably pretty venal, knowing women like us will spend hundreds or more a year just for potions! I just hope the damned stuff works!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I was really shocked by the tone of the email that abejita received. At best, it was INCREDIBLY unprofessional. It really was a full scale hissy fit.

I think everyone has to make their own decisions about this kind of thing, but for me - I've had no problem with what I've purchased from esthetically correct and when I asked my derm about the stuff (and I did cause I got so freaked), she just kind of chuckled and told me if I was really worried I should buy my products elsewhere but that she wasn't terribly concerned.... I took that as a diplomatic way of saying that she was filing the offending email as a hissy fit...

At the end of the day, what concerns me is whether the stuff is effective and on that score, I really don't think I could be happier and THAT is coming from someone who ALWAYS has at least a few complaints....grin
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee, I'm just worried that they're not restocking. They're out of active serum & hydracool and no response to my e-mail as to when they'll restock. Confused
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to add, do you see the shipping costs anywhere BEFORE you order. I had to e-mail them if they ship to canada. They e-mailed back saying they do and the cost depnds on what you order. Fine. I replied last week and no sign of life yet. I got a response a day after my first email.

There was another site that used to sell Jan Marini at competitive prices. Once JM got wind of it, she no longer sold the products and started with MD Forte. I wonder if IS Clinical can do that. Sad
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what they charge for shipping to Canada, but when I ordered from them the shipping was free, so combined with their lower prices, it was quite a deal...

Unfortunately, I'm sure that IS Clinical can make sure that they don't get restocked - if they get their stuff through a third party, which they can obviously do, I don't see how they will be able to maintain their prices Crying or Very sad

I'll just switch over and buy from skinterra if that happens. They're a good site with excellent customer service - they're just more expensive.

Marina.... One thing I noticed when I logged on to the site is that they are apparently in the process of redesigning the site, which might explain why they are slow in responding to your emails. It happens alot when a site is under construction....
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Katee...you tried the vit c for the eyes and the eye cream? I just got it this week...so far so good Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried their eye products yet but they are on my "to try" list for sure. I'd love to see a review after you've used it for a bit.....
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
By the way...

I was really upset when abejita posted that email she had received. I rarely recommend a product or a site, and I felt terrible that I had and that now, people were doubtful as to the authenticity, etc.

Anyway, I wasn't satisfied when I spoke to my derm and decided to contact Esthetically Correct, and ask them to respond. What follows is the text of the email they sent me....

All of our products are 100% authentic guaranteed.......IS Clinical does
not want their products to be discounted & is furious with us that we offer
discounts to our customers. We have been threatened with laws suits for
offering our customers discounts! Isn't that absurd?? This is called price
fixing & is illeagal. Wholesalers can only give "suggested reatil pricing".
We are not what IS Clinical calls an an "approved" distributor. But to say
the products we sell are not authentic is a lie! If you could forward these
messages I would be very greatful....

Sincerely,
Ashlee
Customer Service
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
'Tis a green world we live in....

I ordered from Skinterra and had excellent customer service and they provided me with their suggestions for my skincare routine, and also sent me samples. Got my stuff in less than 5 days. Very good transaction.

However, after reading Katee's post on what esthetically correct has stated, it's almost like I could have bought a whole other IS product with the money I could have saved if I had shopped there instead.

Sigh.

Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Is this available in UK?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I'm not sure. I THINK that the skinterra site ships overseas. I know that they ship to Canada, so I don't see why they wouldn't. If not, there is always eBay.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Ooops...submitted before I was done! DUH

I haven't tried the firming complex yet but it is up there on my list, along with the eye product... And, those, only because I'm a product junkie. Smile In all honesty, if I never had access to another product, and was just compelled to my current regimen (provided I continued to see the kind of results I'm seeing), I'd still be a happy camper...
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
They don't ship IS Clinical to Canada. Sad Confused I'd use other emoticons but I want to keep this forum clean.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Laughing... Ya nut!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Katee, I may try ordering from the company...I'm just not sure about the superserum, they tell me it's a bit tacky, not watery like the skinceuticals one. How do you find it? I think you have oily skin if I remember...
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Every year I go to the AAD (American Academy of Dermatology) and meet w/ skin care lines on behalf of my mom (a Derm). It's so interesting to see how these skin care lines talk because they get really mad that their products are being sold for a discount on other sites. Basically it boils down to this: The websites are usually owned by Dermatologists, other doctors, and aestheticians. Since these are licensed medical practictioners all the skin care companies are willing to deal with them. Only after they sell to these people do they find out that they have sold it to people that will sell it cheaper online. (The products are 99.99999999% authentic --- i would say 100% but i'll leave that .1% of doubt!). The reason they get so angry is because their other clients (Stores, docs) get upset that they have to compete with these discounts and many decide not to carry the products in the future.

There's my insider tidbit.
IS Clinical did sound really pissy in that email! Surprising...!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
They don't ship IS Clinical to Canada. Sad Confused I'd use other emoticons but I want to keep this forum clean.

skincareinstitute.com ships IS Clinical products to Canada and overseas...although they are for the same price Skin Terra. Skin Care Institute is FREE shipping though!! even internationally!
chingching
5% products discount

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I ordered both from skincareinstitute.com and skinterra.com. Although skinterra charges for shipping, they provide much much better customer service then skincareinstitute.com. I have sent several emails to skincareinstitute to enquire about my order in the past week or so but NEVER receive a reply. I thought they are not processing my order (as IS Clinical has strict internet ordering for international orders). However, I just found that my credit card was charged for the order with skincareinstitute. To be honest I will never order from skincareinstitute again and would rather pay the shipping charges and receive good customer service.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm marina...now that you mention it, both the Super Serum AND the HydraCool feel a little bit tacky when you first put them on - more so with the HydraCool....but once they're applied, they feel fine...

P.S. I think you're quite right misskoslow!! VERY pissy indeed Shock
chingching
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I have today received parcels from both skincareinstitute.com and skinterra.com. Both companies are efficient in processing orders. Although I still don't feel very comfortable with the non-responsiveness of skincareinstitute.com, I have to say I may order from them again as they provide free shipping to even international orders as faith mentioned.

Can you believe it? I now have 2 cleansing complex, 2 active serums, 1 super serum, 1 hydracool serum, 1 firming complex, 1 eye complex and 12 IS Clinical samples. I hope I will have the same luck as katee and faith etc. with this line. I must have! Laughing

The daily regimes suggested to me are:

AM
Cleansing complex
Super serum/ pro heal serum
Hydracool serum
Sunscreen

PM
Cleansing complex
Active serum
Hydracool serum

I have normal/ combination skin type with mild acne and hyperpigmentation problems.

Will definitely share with you all my experience with this line a little later.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |