Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Yonka, Dr Hauschka, & Joey of New York questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
1. What are the differences between these Yonka products?

Juvenile
Creme
Pure Concentrate Emulsion

Which is the best for problem normal-to-oily skin? Which one would you recommend?

2. What do you think of the following Joey of New York products?

Calm and Correct Serum
Gentle Soothing Cleanser
Gentle Soothing Toner
Gentle Soothing Moisturizer

3. Anyone used Dr. Hauschka's Daily Face Care Kit for Oily - Impure Skin? Which of the products in it you like? Don't like? Please give us a review. Thanks.

This kit contains Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream, Clarifying Toner, Normalizing Day Oil, Facial Steam Bath, Cleansing Clay Mask and Rejuvenating Mask.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I can definitely recommend the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and Rejuvenating Mask. The clay mask also gets great reviews here. I also highly recommend YonKa Juvenil for breakouts and as a preventative as well. I am not familar with the other products though.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I got the kit as an introduction. I love the cleansing cream, clarifying toner, Normalising day oil and oh got the rejuvenating face mask is a must. As for the facial steam, I used my sample but was not enticed to buy this - I can do my own facial steam with some essential oils at home. The same for the clay mask, I can make up my own for a fraction of the price. Very Happy
I really would recomend the starter kit Very Happy
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Does it actually help the oiliness?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
oh god yes using toner and then normalising day oil in the morning - my skin is just normal now Very Happy The il from the day oil just seems to cancel out what your face overproduces throughout the day but without drying you out if that makes sence. I could not get my head around this first and actually bought the other kit which was totally wrong for my skin as I did not believe in puttint oil on already oily skin.
This is the best thing I have ever tried - but you do need to use a toner first, whether it is the Dr Hauschka one or any other you have.
After using this I will never use moisturiser again (my face always used to feel tacky after applying moisturiser). I sometimes use Jojaba oil instead of my Dr Hauschka and I find that this also works just as well.
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
What is normalizing day oil?
Mabsy

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
BinaryStar wrote:
What is normalizing day oil?

It's this product here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-normalizing-d-p_2051.htm that helps normalize oily skins (and seems to work quite well at doing that).
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh. Thanks. Do you know how much a bottle of that would last? The price seems a bit steep.
Mabsy

Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 am      Reply with quote
BinaryStar wrote:
Oh. Thanks. Do you know how much a bottle of that would last? The price seems a bit steep.

I'm not sure sorry, I haven't used it myself. If you do a search for reviews of it then perhaps you might find that info there, or let's hope that someone replies here. I use the Decleor oils though and I know that they last for *ages* so I would assume that you only need a little bit of this oil as well.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
BinaryStar, I have the normalising oil. I've been using it for just over 2 months now and I have half the bottle left. Yes, it is expensive, but it does last a long time. I'm not sure where you are, but you could considering ordering from a German site - prices there are a LOT cheaper. HTH Cool
Devonny

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I bought Dr. Hauschka's Oily Skin starter kit a few days ago. The first night I used the facial steam and clay mask. My skin looked radiant the next day, especially after I used the normalizing oil. The normalizing oil feels great on the skin. HOWEVER.... it's a few days later and I'm breaking out. I don't usually break out, so it's a little disheartening. Has this happened to anyone else? Dr. Hauschka has SUCH a great reputation but products that cost 50% less have made me break out 98% less. I'm a little disappointed. I loved the idea and philosophy of Dr. Hauschka. If this has happened to you, please let me know. Do the break outs cease after your skin adjusts to the change? I don't think I can wait to find out. I just want my poor facial skin to be happy again.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
yes, the Dr. H cleanser is supposed to cause breakouts for some ppl due to the cleansing process taking out the impurities instead of leaving it beneath your skin. Your skin should turn back to normal
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am also a great fan of DH products, and they have really helped calm and control sensitive oily skin.

I think if you are just moving from another product, like something that had petrolium products, lanolin and such, I would recommend just giving the face a really good wash with a 'natural' product to get rid of any makeup,dirt build up before even using the DH products.

If you don't start with a clean slate then it can cause blackheads and pimples if using DH cleansing cream, because it is still quite an oily product.

I get a lot of pimples after using clay mask as well, but it is just the clay drawing out impurities which will probably cause the pimple later on anyway.

But certainly stick with this range, it is great, and over time you will see results~
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
approximately how long will it take to see the results?
And will everyone breakout the first few times of using Dr.H?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
For me, my skin was kinda red and taut looking after coming off full-on Clinique, so after using only the revitalising mask (sample I got from lady who introduced me to DH line), with a light moisturiser from Living Nature, the redness and dryness improved after about 1 month.

But I've only used the DH stuff full on, except cleanser, for about 1 year.

At first I got lots of blackheads from them, I guess I was using the revit mask too much, especially in summer.

Maybe if you already have lots of toxins, or impurities under the skin, the purging action will be more extreme, more and meaning looking pimples, than those who are blessed with good skin. And of course diet changes at the same time will help too, like lots of water,fruit.

Personally, I used Dh as a healing product after Clinique, so it took about 1.5 years to calm down.

Theres lots of little things you can do to minimise the breakouts after starting DH as well. One thing I was told not to do was to put any or even very very little oil (normalising oil is ok) on my face at night after using the clay mask. Maybe in the tzone if your skin is oily. It helps the skin 'form' the pimples, instead of blocking them up.

If i have used a scrub the night before, I use the revit mask during the day, full day, to just help keep the skin moisturised a bit more.

But it really depends onhow your skin feels. And good thing with DH and natural product lines is they are quite flexible. You can choose to not use, or use more of whatever you like.

Oh and one last thing, if some people find DH clay mask too harsh (even on my oily skin can be drying).. At first, just wash it off with warm water before it becomes fully dry, or don't let it dry out and spray water on it after applying the mask. As soon as it dries it starts to pull on the skin/pores much more.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
approximately how long will it take to see the results?
And will everyone breakout the first few times of using Dr.H?

It's near impossible to answer. For everyone the results will be different, I guess it depends on your own personal skin type. I've been using a few Dr H products and I haven't had any breakouts. After using the Rev Mask I immediately notice a difference in my skin (pore size, and tone). My skin is looking a lot better (though this could be due to other products I'm using too) but it's taken months to see changes(after converting from various supermarket brands).

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |