Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Sharing this about Dr. Hauschka
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JiJi
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello people! Smile I am new on this forum. I discovered this forum recently and found it really cool Wink

Four years ago, I picked up the Guinot product line and it worked very well for me for three years; meanwhile I also tried some Decleor products. A year ago, I decided to follow a complete natural skin-care regime (although my skin was very fine with Guinot products). I had combo skin type but almost no pimples and very few clogged pores. After some research, I picked up Dr. H. When I started using it, I was so impressed that I bought the whole line of products, including skin-care, make-up,and hair-care.

The daily regime was:
AM
-Cleansing cream
-Clarifying toner
-Eye contour cream
-Normalizing day oil (once or twice a week with moisturizing day cream if skin was dry)

PM
-Cleansing milk (followed by cleansing cream if I wear make up, but that's seldom)
-Clarifying toner (or Rhythmic night conditioner; this is the 28-day-ampule treament that Dr. H beautician told me to use every four months, i.e. one treatment for each 10-year of age. I was 30, so three such treatments per year).

The weekly regime:
-Facial steam bath
-Clay mask (or Rejuvenating mask)

In the first month of the regime, I was totally impressed. My skin was so much improved with glow; pores were tightened; and above all, my skin was no more oily! But then, I noticed some very small pimples on my forehead and cheeks (Dr. H website claims that this is a normal breakout to clean the skin, so does their certified beautician). About 2 months later, I started to have some larger pimples close to my jawline and neck. Then, 5 months later I started to have dehydrated skin especially around my eyes and on my nose. Well alright, I liked the products so much that I didn't want to believe it was due to them. I even did a special treatment using the rejuvenating mask as explained on their sheet. So,I went on until 6, 7...10 months later hoping that all these negative symptoms would go away but god damn that they persisted!

So about 1.5 month ago, I finally gave up and switch back to Guinot and some new products from Sothys. I am disappointed that it didn't work out for me but i read so many good reviews on Dr. H on this forum! I would like to know if anybody has similar experience. Sadly and happily to notice, my pimples and dehydration are both gone! I am still using make up from Dr. H; they are awesome especially the foundation, and Novum lipstick.

Gals or guys, please share on this. I read great reviews on Yonka products and am very tempting to try. My posting is too long but I need to give the details. I am concerned on the long run effect for those currently using Dr. H. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Nice day!
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm no expert, but maybe you should try using Dr. Haruschka's cream less often--maybe once every two days, or just 2 - 3 times a week?

That being said, I want to try Dr. Haruschka's cream more and more. I think I'll just have to settle for the home made version for a while (almond nuts + grapeseed oil + blender), since they don't sell it here =(.
JiJi
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
in the last 2-3 months of the regime, I used only the cleansing milk since that was supposed to be something gentle for sensitive or dry skin.
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I see.

I was wondering, what difference did you notice after just using the cleansing cream?
JiJi
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping that it'd improve but then I still had some skin peeling off around my eyebrow and nose though it was less. The more harmful thing was I really got a lot of big pimples under my jawline and neck. I still have some brown marks from these pimples. But I don't have new one popping out since I stopped the Dr. H regime, touch wood.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
BinaryStar wrote:
I'm no expert, but maybe you should try using Dr. Haruschka's cream less often--maybe once every two days, or just 2 - 3 times a week?

That being said, I want to try Dr. Haruschka's cream more and more. I think I'll just have to settle for the home made version for a while (almond nuts + grapeseed oil + blender), since they don't sell it here =(.

Hi BinaryStar - EDS sells the Dr. H CC; - unless they don't ship to your country Crying or Very sad
yinyangqi77
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All Very Happy
I was wondering if you have ever tried any other natural or organic line and had any similar issues. I use Eminence Organics and it has been a joy for my skin!
Laughing
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started using Yonka for combo skin and so far so good-i was tempted to try Dr H but have gotten mixed reviews
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Dr. Hauschka products since last summer and my skin has only gotten better. I experienced very milk breakout along the jawline in the begining, but that went away very quickly. I've never used the ampules, though, as they are quite pricey.

I have oily skin and I use cleansing cream 2X per day, and I remove makeup with cleansing milk (when I wear it which isn't often). I used Dr H clarifying toner until recently when I switched to homemade Apple Cider Vinegar toner (courtesy of CareKate). I also used Normalizing Day Oil until last week during which I've been sampling Rosa Y Fruta's ambrosia cream. I also use Dr. H Rejuvenating Mask and Clay Mask.

No problems at all! I am stumpted as to why you had these issues. Perhaps your products went bad????
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Has Dr H.'s cleansing cream help reduce the oiliness?

Also... what is normalizing oil?
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I read it on some other thread here, mentioning about the mustard oil in some of Dr.H products affect the lymphatic system. I didn't notice breakout along the jawline, but I did notice more hair falling out whenever I use the night rythmatic conditioner. Not sure if it really have anything to do with Dr.H.

D

5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
oh no, chimera. I am very careful on the labeling and the expiry date. My products are always the newly arrived ones with the validity of at least a year (I live close to Germany; Dr. H products are much less pricey than in the states).

I'm glad it works out so well for you Razz I'm just not that lucky maybe Sad

diderot, I didn't notice hair falling when I used the night rhythmic conditioner N. It worked fine for me. I didn't know about the mustard oil issue, is that serious?

I'm always (still) hoping to find some natural products that work well for me. I guess dr. H didn't work for me because I might have some "sleeping volcano" toxic that can't finish popping out Mad
I really like the idea of not applying anything at night in dr. h regime. I felt so "clean" on my face! but i start to wonder if that's the reason of my dehydration? is night time really still the best time to absorb some goodie on our skin??
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
JiJi, I've been using pretty much the same routine as you describe above for about 2 months or so. My skin has cleared up a lot - my blackheads have almost disappeared and I no longer get breakouts, BUT I do have to say that every now and again I will get something that looks like a cystic spot - a big red painful lump - mainly along my jawline. I have no idea whether this is caused by Dr H, but I never got anything like that before. As for dry skin - I'd say that my skin has gone from combo to normal. Now, after reading your post, I'm hoping it doesn't dry out even more!

It's such a shame that Dr H stopped working for you. A beautician once told me that you should always change your products every 3 months or so, so maybe it's a good thing that you swapped over to Guinot and Sothys. I my Dr H so am Pray that it'll continue to work for me. Could your dehydration be caused by the winter weather or air-con?
JiJi
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
rzecka, I hope Dr. H will really work for you.

But, I need to tell you that (sadly) whatever you're experiencing now was exactly what I went thru! I was so glad that my skin went better, clear pores, smooth feel, glow....and from some what oily to almost normal skin. but then, the red spot, hah, I hope that's just something else in your case! I am sorry but I it was that thing that started off on my face!

The dehydration: i was so careful on that. Drink a lot of water, fruit juice (bio), sleep well...no major change in my working environment, or living environment.

You are right I think. I probably just stay too much in the same line of products. I should have been more flexible. Like I start to do now. Guinot + Sothys + some other stuff.

Well, I hope your red spot will disappear very soon. Good luck Angel
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:42 am      Reply with quote
JiJi, I think we are quite similar. Now that I'm using Dr H, I won't put anything else on my skin Rolling Eyes Right now I can put up with the occassional large lump if it means otherwise clear skin. I'm actually thinking of getting the clay mask & facial steam bath - I'm dreading swapping to anything else so I figure I'll just buy MORE Dr H! Laughing Have you tried Decleor? That is my Plan B.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I hear mixed review on Dr. H
Either some ppl LOVE it or others dont like them because of breakouts from the product.
Leaky
5% products discount

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
interesting to hear about the big red lumps on the jawline with Dr H. I have one of those too and started the line 2 weeks ago.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this on another topic in error, but what I was saying was that maybe the red, painful cysts are caused by the friction of rubbing the Cleansing Cream on the skin. It is almost a guarantee that if something rubs on my face, even lightly, like an earring... I will get a cyst there. I don't know if this is it, but maybe it will help someone.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
alilicious wrote:
I posted this on another topic in error, but what I was saying was that maybe the red, painful cysts are caused by the friction of rubbing the Cleansing Cream on the skin. It is almost a guarantee that if something rubs on my face, even lightly, like an earring... I will get a cyst there. I don't know if this is it, but maybe it will help someone.

i don't think you're supposed to rub in. More of an "inking the inkpad" motion. I don't know if that makes very much sense!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 am      Reply with quote
My skin got terribly dry from the rose day cream, although I really liked it in the beginning. I still use the cleansing milk in the shower to remove make-up, the cleansing cream, plus occasionally the toner, but I use a regular moisturizer.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I know in a lott of product from dr. H is beeswax...that's very nice for making candles
but not for putting on your face..It's drying and can give an allergic reaction.
Dia
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
JiJi...How did you apply the CC if I may ask?
Cause for my case, its not the wrong product but the wrong application!

I was experiencing the same continuous breakouts after starting to use the Cleansing Cream back in Sept.

I used up the entire tube (15ml) and almost decided to switch to another brand, but....

One strange fateful day I somehow changed the way I applied it...I tried to avoid "rubbing" the grains against my skin (which is a bit tiring IMO!), so I gently "press & roll" as per instruction, and after it dried somewhat, instead of splashing my face with water as usual, I use a warm wet cloth and "pat" my skin dry...FYI, it's quite a stretch for me cause I was previously a "soap and water" kinda girl (which has changed totally since I discovered EDS, but thats another topic entirely duh!)

Voila! The acnes stop after 1 week of religiously using this routine...and I am now on my 2nd tube of CC!

HTH!
K
5% products discount

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was a devoted pevonia user for about a year, but then my skin started to look dry and dull along with my regular acne. Then I tried another line that I believe gave me some very bad side effects (numbness, rashy, etc... just awful.)

So I decided a month ago to go all natural and try Dr. Hauschka's oily/impure kit. The products are nice enough... but I'm going through a bad breakout, especially on my chin and upper lip. I'm hoping it's the purge process but I can see why people get discouraged with it. I'm hanging in there for now though.

Re the press and roll process for the cleansing cream - do you roll from the bottom of your hand to the top or side to side??
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
K, I usually roll all over Smile
but I think it doesn't matter which directions, the point is NOT to rub it against your skin or treat it like a scrub which can irritate your skin, it's really more like a mask I think!

Also, the press & roll is supposed to let the ingredients sink in, unclog pores & draw out impurities, that's why instead of rinsing it with cold water as you would a cleanser, it's better to use a warm face cloth and GENTLY squeeze out any dirt/blackheads already on the surface.

am I making sense here ? LOL
Good luck and hope your skin clears up soon!
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD,
not really answering your question, but curious: are your jawline pimples going away?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |