Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Clothes shopping - what have you recently bought?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering what bargains you have all bagged yourselves clothes wise.
OOOOO my bargain was very good. Went to Cosco (it's next to the Trafford Centre Very Happy ) and saw this nice fusha pink cardigan for about £16 and thought yeah it will be nice for the summer.
I got home and put it on - it looked stunning - looked at the label and it said %80 pure silk Laughing I'm so pleased with my bargain
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Last thing I bought was a rick owens cardi with my student loan. I'm starving to death as I look at it! I promise myself NEVER to spend so much again! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
While I do find the majority of the GAP line *completely* over-rated and annoying - I regularly wear the GAP stretch classic boot cut pants in black..I picked up a couple of pairs yesterday - on sale - nothing exciting...but a deal on a wardrobe staple of mine!
Pudoodles
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I did buy a pair of Hugo Boss paints(velur blue with brown)made in Italy(I do have a problem with things made in China, even North America loves them)with 15 CAD at Winners( a dept.store in Canada)from 150CAD and a Girgio Armani top with 13CAD(from 129CAD), also made in Italy. Smile
Nice Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Caspers Mum

Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing too exciting:

1. new pair of Saucony running shoes at Sports Junkies here in Vancouver. Bought them for only ... $39 Shock They were worth $90. I love a bargain!

2. 2 white, stretchy t-shirts: 2 for $20, one crew-neck, one v-neck, at Smart Set, today while over in Victoria. Wardrobe staples, as white t-shirts get yellowed in the armpits, and last only about a year.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud, Is it worth getting a card for Costco??...I've never been....Only go to Makro normally.

I got a beautiful pair of black leather slingback stilettos, very pointed, in the Matalan sale...only £8!...lovely for summer!

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Rosebud, Is it worth getting a card for Costco??...I've never been....Only go to Makro normally.

I got a beautiful pair of black leather slingback stilettos, very pointed, in the Matalan sale...only £8!...lovely for summer!

I don't have a membership at Costco, but when I have gone with friends or family, I have discovered the following:

* hard to shop there if you're single.
* you have to know your prices; not always the
best deal.
* good for people with families or who own
businesses.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I haven't gotten any deals on clothes lately, I haven't shopped for clothes in so long and when I did last, J Crew Embarassed it was not cheap. I sent my order to a friend in the States and she sent them to me as a 'gift' to say the extra fees. Not a deal but I did save $.

I remember when Costco opened up in Prince George, 1.5 hours north of us, my husband I went, it was just the two of us then. I bought a case of Comet because, well, I needed it and three cost the same as one at the grocery store. About 8 years later I used the last one! It moved with us and hung around all that time. Smile We did buy our canoe there, it was a great deal, saved about $200. I buy cases of gum too so I always have a pack in the cupboard.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Could anyone suggest any website I can find a dress for two weddings in July and August? I found one from Banana Republic but it only exists only in orange. Thanks.

KK
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gucci - if you go to Costco with friends who are already members, you can just get an extra card for a small fee - but then if they don't rejoin your card will become vallid.
Sometimes you go and find some bargains other times there's nothing.
I agree it's better for families and you do need to bulk buy.
Trainers are normally a good buy (but there's a limitted selection. The boyfriend gets his tools, engine oil, car tires etc.
Champagne is cheap, spirits and wines I find Asda price match them. Food you have to bulk buy!!!
Clothes are....some nice things....but have been noticing that there are more bargains at the Trafford Centre as it is harder for poeple to get to so there are more sales.
Salmon/fish is good value. Electrical goods are also good value.
Oh my cousin buys all the babies pampers from Costco.
Oh yes nearly forgot fruit is really nice I got a tray of mangos (huge GM ones!!!!!) for £3.50 Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes nealry forgot - there are no changing rooms for trying on clothes, you have to buy what you want first, then try it on in toilets and if it does not fit, they will give a refund Confused
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2005 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
There is no shopping at all here unless you want tourist junk. I usually order everything online.

We were in New Orleans last month and I thought I would have a chance to do a little shopping. My Mom wanted really badly to buy me something so the day before my surgery we were down in the French Quarter and popped into Saks. I thought I'd pick out some loose fitting pants to wear after my surgery. As soon as we walked into the mall I realized I had a little problem. I wasn't wearing any underwear. So first stop was to the lingerie dept and Mom bought me a pair of underwear. I put them on in the bathroom and then tried on several pair of pants. I couldn't find anything I liked. So, I ended up with a really cute pair of panties I haven't worn since. I'll have to remember to pack them for my next trip though!

When I got back home I got online and ordered these hoochy Dr. Scholls sandals from zappos. They are lighter and more comfortable than they look...

...and these jeans from Victoria's Secret. They are low rise but not teenager low and have some stretch so they are really comfortable.

Most of my other orders were running and tennis clothes and some skincare products. I love getting parcels!

We just got our tax refund so I think I need to do some more shopping!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Scholls is sexier than I remember...great shoes!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 6:52 am      Reply with quote
wow nice shoes!!!!

With my birthday money I bought a cool costume national dress of a lovely US ebayer and a rick owens top and pair of armani sandals off a not so lovely ebayer in germany. She appears to have taken the money and run Mad

I console myself with the fab dress which was a total bargain for £25 Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
the best thing about costco is that you can buy super cheap alcohol there .... but in Canada, you can't buy alcohol in Costco, which for me completely defeats the purpose of having a costco! ha ha.

Lately I have bought;
- two great wrap tops from BCBG in awesome colours with a fitted halter neck underneath
- a replacement cardi wrap from BCBG in black, LOVE IT
- some nike shox and workout gear
- great tie die skirt from Zara
- three pairs of shoes from Nine West [including a lovely pair of ballet flats with crystals on them]
- camisole top from a store on Queen st in Toronto
- some rock and republic jeans

YIKES and that does not include a big spree I had in Glasgow a few weeks back.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
freefall can I borrow those shoes!!!!!!
I can never just order shoes of the internet, I always have to try them on Laughing I have strange feet.
I went out to buy a bikini this week but I may have to go underwired, my breasts have grown 2 cups Shock , I spent more time gawping in the changing room mirror than trying anything on Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I make peanuts at my job, but for some reason I've been spending like crazy these days.

Because I have little money (who am I kidding, I have no money!) I'm always on the hunt for bargains.

Lately I can't seem to stay out of Old Navy. Their clothing is cheap, but seems to hold together reasonably well. Over the past couple of months I've been going back repeatedly and now almost my whole spring/summer wardrobe is Old Navy! I've picked up the following on sale:

bootcut stretch jeans ($29)
    an assortment of colorful t-shirts ($12 ea.)
    a super-cute pair of runners ($18.00)
    an excellent khaki-green messenger bag with silver sequin trim ($21)
    an assortment of sparkly beaded & sequined flip-flops ($10 - $18 ea)

Just this past Friday (payday Bad Grin ) I was in there AGAIN and scored an adorable hot-pink cotton raincoat for $24.00!! I love it and am so glad I managed to snag it for such a cheap price.

My other bargain was a really nice pair of beige cropped cargo pants that I found at Zellers of all places Shock . (For those of you outside of Canada, Zellers is an ultra cheapy store along the lines of K-Mart). They are really well made from a nice heavy fabric. Only cost me $24.00!!

I am with those of you who love Costco. I find the quality of the fruit/meats/baked goods there to be top-notch. I've made some nice clothing finds there too Smile

Edited to add:
FREEFALL I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I love Old Navy too! IMO, they are just as good as the GAP for quality, they are owned by the GAP and their stuff is really similar. My favourite jeans are a pair of Old Navy. Smile

Old Navy

2 Perfect Fit Tees - heather green and pink grapefruit (I LOVE this colour!)
2 Perfect fit tanks - gray and blue
2 tiny fit tanks - pink grapefruit and pink
1 tank for hubby
swim shorts, tanks and sox for the little guy

The Gap

1 pair of lowrise bootcut for $40 on sale!
1 stretch hoodie in army green full price, so not like me to pay full price, it was $50! but I love it and have to hide in the closet so I don't wear it every day! Smile

Just the other day I found three BUM t-shirts at Wal-Mart for $8 each! V-neck and form fitting but the perfect length because I don't show my tummy. I really like they have the printed on tag instead of the itchy one I always have to cut off, they were so inexpensive too, yay! Incredibly soft cotton, perfect stretch and fit - muted tangerine, white and pink. Smile This is the first non-pj clothing item I've bought from Wal-Mart, for myself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli,

One of the Old Navy t-shirts I picked up was in pink-grapefruit too! Isn't it a pretty colour? Very Happy

Must stop spending. Must stop spending...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I too am an Old Navy addict Laughing
Everyone always asks where I bought this or that and the answer is always "Old Navy" Very Happy

I just got an really cute pair of beaded sandals/flip flop things that everyone has been wearing...only thing is I got mine from ZELLERS for $7 Shock

I love finding expensive item look-a-likes at cheap stores Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Freefall2 I got them on ebay for $25!!!! They are truly cool..... I also snagged a pair of Dolce & Gabbana gladiator sandals (for the Dominatrix in me Embarassed hehe) anddddd those FANTASTIC Balenciaga sandals from last year. Altho' I'm droooooooling over guapagirl's Rick Owens cardigan, I've promised promised promised to behave for a bit....

My family works in the fashion industry and I make periodic trips to NYC and load up with loot....

I spend a fortune on accessories because I can usually get my clothes for next to nothing. However, I did go a wee bit crazy over a few Dries van Noten pieces... Ahem.

In my case, the issue isn't so much the money as the ROOM. My bf says if I buy one more pair of shoes, we're going to have to build a storage facility. Actually, as I think about it, THAT IS A GREAT IDEA !!!! (he's just sooooooooo smart.....grin)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ah Katee, every woman should have a rick owens cardi/wrap/coat thingie (my kids call it my thneed, after the Dr Seuss book, the lorax Laughing ). It will never go out of style and last you till you are ready for the coffin.

I am sooo envious of you Americans who get stuff so much cheaper than us poor brits. Maybe I should try and save and join loopy on her stateside trip Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday I bought these three items fromwww.jcrew.com

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod68863757&catId=cat70627

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod67126757&catId=cat70627

And these $88 US jeans for $44!!! I was so happy, had to replace a larger pair I just sold on eBay.

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod65958741&catId=cat71025

I have it all sent to a friend in PA and she sends it to me for far less than J Crew charges to ship to Canada.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 1:24 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Just wondering what bargains you have all bagged yourselves clothes wise.
OOOOO my bargain was very good. Went to Cosco (it's next to the Trafford Centre Very Happy ) and saw this nice fusha pink cardigan for about £16 and thought yeah it will be nice for the summer.
I got home and put it on - it looked stunning - looked at the label and it said %80 pure silk Laughing I'm so pleased with my bargain

my god where is that? I got to TC all the time and have never noticed it Shock

Most recently bought
Green/brown print skirt - sounds horrible I know but it looks good and a shell belt off ebay.
Mirrored belt - ebay
3-tassels - ebay.
For bellydance class.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Have just bought some really nice jeans with a sequined pattern going up the leg, they were only £10 in the sale at Asda Walmart. For some reason the only jeans that ever fit me are asda ones Laughing Other than that I don't buy anything else from there, oh tell a lie I got one of those £4 bikinis in fusha last year and I saw one identical in a high street shop for £40 I couldn't believe me eyes - and I passed it off to friends as the expensive one Wink
I'm in a not so good mood though, saw the extent of cellulite and flabby stomach in the full length mirror, so I am in a sulk with myself for all the crips, coke, sugar I've been consuming.
I have put on a stone since last summer, I needed to though, I looked under weight. I was born an hourglass and last year I was a size 8 but my boobs looked sallow as did my bottom. So now I have gone up to a full 10, bordering on a 12 and wow I have nice full rounded boobs and I know my bottom must be looking better (it feels huge now Laughing ) as the boyf is constantly grabbing it now when I walk past, I definately get mauled more now Rolling Eyes Very Happy
The only thing I don't like is that last year I had a wash board stomach, now it hangs over my waistband - no bikini this year!!!! and my thighs are a lot more ripply - but at least I have breasts Very Happy Felt good though when I was trying on triangle bikini tops and I had to keep getting the bigger ones Laughing Wink

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |