Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tiny bumps on arms
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I have these all over arms tops off arms have had them for years and tried loads of things to get rid of them to no avail any suggestions welcome.
Mabsy

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
If you don't exfoliate religiously then have a look at this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5704

If you have tried the dry body brushing, AHAs, etc and nothing has worked then I suggest you see a derm. So the question, I guess, is what exactly have you tried?
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I have the same thing and saw a dermatologist about 5 years ago. He said it is a "hereditary condition", and the only thing I could do was exfoliate OFTEN and find a "good" moisturizer. Once I find the moisturizer that works "for me", keep using it religiously.

Well, I am still searching for the moisturizer that works. Although I search harder in the summer than winter....when the arms are exposed more. Smile

Lori
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lorrapaw

I have exactly the same thing all over my arms and legs (made far worse by the fact that I pick them all the time!!).

It is apparently a condition that you are born with, it's called Keratosis Pilaris.

According to the Dermatologist that I saw nothing really helps it but the condition usually gets better with age!!!

I did find a website that sells cream that is supposed to help:

http://bioskincare.com/keratosis-pilaris.htm

I haven't bought it so I can't advise if it does work or not....

Good luck!

T x
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dermatologists often prescribe alpha-hydroxy acids like glycolic acid or lactic acid for this condition. Lac-Hydrin (lactic acid) did not work to get rid of my keratosis pilaris the two times I tried it; however, Retin-A used alone zapped a lifelong problem for me in less than a week. Adding a cream with glycolic acid, the principle alpha-hydroxy acid, to the mix served to enhance the results. I feel like silk on the backs of my upper arms now - it's amazing!!

Please see your dermatologist to discuss the above options, as they may well work for you.
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
i have been suffering from this problem too (on and off) as has many members of my family, so it's good to hear all this great advice.

@sugarfreesheila: what exactly are the names of creams that you use to get the wonderful "silk effect" on you arms?

thanks!
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
wow - please do tell the name of the creams that you use SugarFreeSheila - they sound amazing!

T x
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use ordinary Retin-A (Tretinoin is the active ingredient), and this is the product that zapped my own keratosis pilaris. Here is a photo for a visual if you are not familiar with Retin-A. It is by prescription only, and while you really should come by this product by a dermatologist, it is available at http://www.MedsMex.com.

The glycolic cream I use is Gly Derm Cream Plus 10%. But keep in mind that this cream is what enhanced my already-fantastic results. The Retin-A is what took the itty-bitty bumps away for good, but the Glycolic Acid is just something I threw in to heighten the "glow" and smoothing effect. This wonderful glycolic cream also eliminated all the flakiness (and somehow even the sensitivity and redness, too?!?) I was getting on my face from Retin-A Micro alone. They work beautifully together, and I will have no need for the Mystic spray self-tanner this summer because the skin on my face and body has never been brighter and more smooth. I'm so happy!
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I read some where a while back that it could also be a lack of vitamin a that can cause those bumps. Keep a close eye on your diet and see if you are getting enough vitamins from the food you are eating.
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi SugarFreeSheila

Thanks for the info, I have had a look on the link, but which % of Retin-A cream did you use? There seems to be tubes of 0.1%, 0.05%, 0.025%, 1% and a cream called Renova??

T x
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
These percentages you list represent the strengths of Tretinoin (the active ingredient) in the prescription retinoid. Renova (.05% Tretinoin) is just like Retin-A's .05% strength, except it is more emollient and contains mineral oil. To determine which strength is right for you, you should really get a dermatologist's recommendation. I know I sound like a broken record here, but they truly know best. http://www.MedsMex.com is useful for reorders once your proper potency has been determined, and know also that these brands are generic. (Same active ingredient, however.) In Mexico and in the Caribbean, "prescription" retinoids are available over-the-counter and for cheap. No fair!

I use .1% Retin-A. I apply it every other night to the face/neck/chest/shoulders/arms/hands - the entire upper body. Ditto for the glycolic acid cream on altnerate evenings. But that's just me; I've yet to come across another female who is as anal-retentive about skincare regime as I, but at least I don't feel nutty outlining my regimen given the subject matter of this board. lol But really, why should my face be the only area to get improvement? I know I'll really have a problem when I start putting Retin-A on my legs. Very Happy

I've never had a problem with MedsMex.com until recently (I sometimes buy my "body" Retin-A from this site) when I ordered a 1% strength of Retin-A. Instead of receiving the 1% tretinoin advertised on their website, I received not .1% (which would have been bad enough!), but .01% - completely unusable to me since I've "grown" past that potency.

Sorry for the long post. Back to the bump discussion! Smile
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody wave

I get those bumps sometimes, not much, here is what I do and it works for me, perhaps you can give it a try.

Get some pure "sea salt", you can find them in any supermarket or natural food stores, get the non-iodized one, which means it's made from vaporized sea water, nothing added. I got one of those paper cylindrical box 26oz for $2-3. Pour HALF of the it into your tub of warm-to-hot water, not too hot, so you can stay in longer. Half the box of salt may sound too much, but I lick my wet hand, they are not even as salty as ocean water. I usually add my own essential oil, lemon for cleansing and Juniper Berry for draining my lymphatic system, but they are not a must for this problem.

Soak for about 30 mins, I can't promise you all the bumps will be gone immediately, but you should be able to FEEL the difference. For me, either they are gone or they are significantly flatten immediately after one sea salt bath.

I guess this lighter version of ocean water minus all the pollution, either detox, decongest or re-mineralize my skin, whatever it was, it took away ALL the imperfections on my body after 3 baths, it even took care of the annoying tiny flesh bump on my neck (told by my friend it was due to hormonal change and many people have it).

Really don't know if it only works for me, but it worths a try. It's much cheaper and much more natural.

Hope it works for all of you too Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
but of course, if you have BIG OPEN WOUND on your body, it will burn like hell. For this reason, I wouldn't even recommend dry brushing before the bath. Other than that, you should be fine, no burning, just very relaxing Cool

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
My almost 3 year old daughter has had this since just before she turned 1. It was covering her upper arms and thighs, with a bit on her calves and forearms. Ped diagnosed it as keratosis pilaris. To treat it, every night before bed, I slathered her arms and legs with pure coconut oil purchased at my local health food store. After 3 months of doing this, the bumps are GONE. Her skin is as baby soft as a 3 year old's should be. No one else in my family has this condition, so I don't have anyone else to test it on, but given the ease of doing this and inexpensive nature of coconut oil, it's worth a try (plus it means a relaxing oil massage nightly:)
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have had it since I was a kid, along with my mother and brothers, and now my children. never found anything that helped till now. I use a nail type pumice foot brush. Using the bristle side, I scrub the area with a little bodywash, and face scrub. The area turns red and doesn't feel great lol. But after that every bathtime, and lotion, it is mostly gone!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |