Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Comments wanted for Sothys products, please....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JiJi
5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I just started using some Sothys products about 1.5 months ago. Need some comments (+/-) on their products in general.

I've combo skin with occasional pimples popping out. Currently using the Sothys morning cleanser, noctuelle night cream, and vitality mask. So far no major improvement except that my pimples on jawline did disappear.

For the evening, should I use their normalizing beauty milk and lotion (or)
purifying milk and lotion?

I used the Guinot and Decleor cleansing gel before (for oily skin). Both dry out my skin after a while.

I don't wear make up much (just some loose powder and lipstick daily). Is a cleansing milk good enough for evening cleansing? I'm always afraid that I don't clean "enough" my combo skin Sad

Please help Pray
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both the Sothys Purifying Cleansing Gel and the Purifying Milk. Really didn't like the gel, it made my combination skin so dry. The Purifying Milk is nice. Nothing to rave about but I don't find it drying. It should be suitable for removing very light make-up. I found that it didn't do a very good job at removing thick make-up though. It didn't remove all of my foundation and powder and so I had to use another cleanser after.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
The only Sothys product I have used is the Lip Enhance. Loved it. Made my lips very soft and hydrated.

Winnie
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin, too, and have used Sothys for about a year some time ago. I tried their Normalising Milk Cleanser and Lotion, Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser, Morning Cleanser, Desquacrem, Active Cream, Hydra Matt Fluid, Retinol 15, Retinol 30 and Noctuelle.

My findings: My skin didn't react to the products, so I did make second purchases with some of the products (except the Desquacrem, which I found a burden to use), Having said that it did not show any remarkable improvements either. I so wanted to like Sothys I gave it a year to prove itself, but even though I saw how great my therapist's skin looked with Sothys, I did not find the same results on my skin.

My verdict: It may work on skins with no problem, sort of as a maintenance regimen, but if you want results you can ooh and aah, you should look elsewhere.

And to answer your question, I can be finnicky about cleansing my combo skin, too, but I make sure I don't overdo it. So if I were you in the PM I'd use the milk (whichever) followed by a foaming cleanser OR (as I'm currently doing with Dermalogica's Essenntial Cleansing Solution, a water rinsable milky cleanser) cleanse with the milk twice.

Hope that helps some. Smile
nelly.4
5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

To help you out, I have had a few Sothys facials and absolutley loved them. I have been using the Clearness Beauty milk at night and the morning cleanser in the mornings (in the shower). I started off with a trial pack with the lotion, but really don't feel like I need to use the lotion as well as the cleanser.

The trial pack also contained Hydroptimale Fluid which I loved because it is so light.

My beauty therapist has recommended the Clearness Fluid for All skin types, but unfortunatley I can't see the point in spending that much money on such a small tube of cream. I have been using samples of Skinceuticals Vitamin C and C + E and I love the way this makes my skin glow.

I would really love to try the Noctuelle as a night cream and would love any feedback you have on this product.

I don't really have a set routine which is probably bad, but I am using a number of different products which I love at the moment.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:23 am      Reply with quote
My fave products from the Sothys line are the Hydroptimale Gel, Liposomes Hydrogel, and the Noctuelle cream. Even when I had combo skin I had no reactions to these products but they left my skin *so* inredibly plump and silky!
JiJi
5% products discount

Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your help!

Hmm......it's not easy to draw a conclusion!

Nelly, the noctuelle smells really good and I like the texture. I have not, however, noticed any *great* improvement yet on my skin.

Mabsy, you used to have combo skin but not anymore? Is it really Dr. H that makes the magic? I'm so envious! I just checked my skin-care "log book"; it was really two months after using them I started to have the jawline break-out Mad

Gosh, how long does it take to find the optimal products for my skin???
missykiehls
5% products discount

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
JiJi> do you mean that you had a breakout of pimples at your jaw line after you tried Dr. Hauschka?

I am thinking to try some of Dr. H and would like some opinions. I have combo skin as well but no pimples though I tried hard to keep it that way - lately, I found that my pores are rather visible and I am looking to reduce them. Enlarged pores seem to get bigger with age and especially so, for those who ever had combo or oily skin.

Well, let me know what you think.
Mabsy

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:11 am      Reply with quote
JiJi wrote:
Mabsy, you used to have combo skin but not anymore? Is it really Dr. H that makes the magic? I'm so envious! I just checked my skin-care "log book"; it was really two months after using them I started to have the jawline break-out Mad

I really don't know what made it turn to normal and I use too many different products to actually be able to narrow it down. I can say though that I have been using a lot of natural products (Dr H, Jurlique, Decleor, YonKa etc), which might, perhaps, be a factor. My skin used to alternate between combo and normal depending on the season, but I just went through summer and had no issues with oiliness.

In terms of your breakout, I think if you're experiencing it two months after starting to use Dr H then it could be completely unrelated (hormonal, stress etc). Are you sure it was the Dr H all of a sudden?
JiJi
5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

In terms of your breakout, I think if you're experiencing it two months after starting to use Dr H then it could be completely unrelated (hormonal, stress etc). Are you sure it was the Dr H all of a sudden?

Mabsy,

I love Dr. H products so much that I made every effort to convince myself it would finally work for me someday....

When the breakout showed up the first time, I blamed it to every other possible reasons but the incompability with Dr. H products. I have pretty regular life, eat organic food, not much stress....well I was in good shape physically speaking. Then, it persisted very long until almost 9 months later; and I had dehydration around my eyes and nose. The breakout just kept going. It went away, then came back in another week, again and again. I followed strictly their program and I used only their products.

Well it did not work for me. But i know it worked for many others Sad

Now i only use their make-up coz i really like their products. I plan to use their eye cream as well without using their cleansing stuff.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I personally found the Hydroptimale Masque by Sothy's a very nice and reasonably priced product.

You use it 3-4 times a week to hydrate and soften lines. It contains fucoidan, which I heard from a dermatologist can actually have an impact on the aging process.

That's the only product I hve purchased from them, though. And even though I like it, I have ordered another product with fucoidan from DHC, a Japanese skincare line for less $$.

We'll see~
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sothy's oxyliance foundation. The best foundation I've tried for oily skin. It really lets your skin breath and does not clog pores. I have light-medium skintone and I bought chair. It's a perfect match for my skin tone.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
I personally found the Hydroptimale Masque by Sothy's a very nice and reasonably priced product.

You use it 3-4 times a week to hydrate and soften lines. It contains fucoidan, which I heard from a dermatologist can actually have an impact on the aging process.

That's the only product I hve purchased from them, though. And even though I like it, I have ordered another product with fucoidan from DHC, a Japanese skincare line for less $$.

We'll see~

I'm using THI3 masque also. It's fantastic. I used it every night at the first two week. Then, keep using it once or twice a week as i got too many masque at home. It's one of my favorite skin care. will keep using it.
apple886
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree pumpingmummy comments on Sothys.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I bought (150ml)THI3 masque , vitality mask, oxyliance mask in salon tube (150ml)and also THI3 serum(50ml). It's really "economical" to use and good in quality.

However I found there are lots harmful preservatives like PARABEN . I start to worry whether it will be harmful to my skin in long run...
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:06 am      Reply with quote
i am using THI3 mask, THI3 hydrating serum,
vitality mask, oxyliance mask, all in salon size which my friend help me bought. So good in pricing and I enjoy the smell and skin texture after use.

Just one pont in worry....it contains paraben...
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Just a note: PARABENS are NOT harmful preservatives. As a matter of fact, they are probably some of the most effective, most tested, and highly used preservatives in the cosmetic industry.

Don't believe the internet hype (bad rumors!). Parabens are not a problem in cosmetic formulas.

John
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
JiJi wrote:
Hello!

I just started using some Sothys products about 1.5 months ago. Need some comments (+/-) on their products in general.

I've combo skin with occasional pimples popping out. Currently using the Sothys morning cleanser, noctuelle night cream, and vitality mask. So far no major improvement except that my pimples on jawline did disappear.

For the evening, should I use their normalizing beauty milk and lotion (or)
purifying milk and lotion?

I used the Guinot and Decleor cleansing gel before (for oily skin). Both dry out my skin after a while.

I don't wear make up much (just some loose powder and lipstick daily). Is a cleansing milk good enough for evening cleansing? I'm always afraid that I don't clean "enough" my combo skin Sad

Please help Pray

Hi JiJi

I have been on Sothy's purifying range for about 4 months and I really like it. I have oily skin with blemish problems and use the purifying cleansing milk, toner and active cream day and night and I really like what it has done for my skin. The milk is a very good cleanser although if you wear more makeup I would recommend washing your face twice, that's what I do and I get all of it off.

I have recommended Sothys to a few of my friends with similar problems and they all love it now.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:18 am      Reply with quote
i had a sample of sothys gotukola cream. And i used this during when i had the odd breakout.....well results were surprising....it really helped in making those breakouts go down faster....within a couple of days my skin was back to normal and i dint have any marks either Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
A Beauty spa I went to used Sothys for me. I thought Sothys cleaning milk and tonic water were very nice and I also liked its scent.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have my Sothy's facials once a month and it's amazing how gentle the products are but still quite effective. I got my little sister onto the same thing I'm using for acne and that is the only skin range she does not develop a reaction to. Even when she washes her face with just normal water her skin starts itching. God forbid her swimming in a pool or at the beach.

Anyway I love Sothy's and am planing to stay on it for a while to come. When I'm in my 30s I might consider going onto something different for wrinkles but for now Sothys is the best for me.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
ceca01 wrote:
I have my Sothy's facials once a month and it's amazing how gentle the products are but still quite effective. I got my little sister onto the same thing I'm using for acne and that is the only skin range she does not develop a reaction to. Even when she washes her face with just normal water her skin starts itching. God forbid her swimming in a pool or at the beach.

Anyway I love Sothy's and am planing to stay on it for a while to come. When I'm in my 30s I might consider going onto something different for wrinkles but for now Sothys is the best for me.

I had several series of Sothys facials and I absolutely loved them. Probably the best facials I've had. My skin was very plump and moist for weeks afterwards - well one week anyway. I just kept touching my skin. Haven't had any facials for awhile but when I do I will go back to the Sothys beautician. I also tried some of their products when I was younger. I loved the morning cleanser which is a softer version of the desqua cream, but it was a bit drying. I also liked the Hydro optimale and lift defense ranges.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I have tried both the Sothys Purifying Cleansing Gel and the Purifying Milk. Really didn't like the gel, it made my combination skin so dry. The Purifying Milk is nice. Nothing to rave about but I don't find it drying. It should be suitable for removing very light make-up. I found that it didn't do a very good job at removing thick make-up though. It didn't remove all of my foundation and powder and so I had to use another cleanser after.

That is very helpful^^^^^
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
Just a note: PARABENS are NOT harmful preservatives. As a matter of fact, they are probably some of the most effective, most tested, and highly used preservatives in the cosmetic industry.

Don't believe the internet hype (bad rumors!). Parabens are not a problem in cosmetic formulas.

John

I agree. Parabens have had better testing than most of the "organic" ingredients (plant extracts, oils, etc) of "natural" skincare products. In fact, some of the untested "natural" ingredients may even prove to be more harmful than parabens. Don't assume that just because they are derived from plants and not synthetic, that they have no active ingredients that can affect your body. Some of the most potent drugs used in medicine are derived from plants too.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I find that the cleansing milk isn't cleansing enough. I like using cleansing pads, ones from neutrogena are pretty good. I like making sure all my makeup is off, especially before i go to sleep. Steaming the face also loosens and gets rid of dirt.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |