Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
tips for faster growth of hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
taniarfowler

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
does anybody know how to development of hair?
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
rosehip oils, or crocodile oil or argan oil.

i personally have recommendations for those. i only tried crocodile oil on my hair though, i feel it works.

for rosehip and argan, i haven't tried it, but a lot of good feedback from friends who used them
MaryLetson
5% products discount

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
coconut oil or minoxidil and dermaroller
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
MaryLetson wrote:

oooo yeah coconut oil too!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Oils are great for maintaining and keeping hair strong and supple but they won't do anything for hair growth or increasing the rate of growth. For that you may want to use things containing chemicals like rogaine alongside a nutritional supplement. These will help work from the inside out.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have to respectfully disagree that oils can’t affect hair growth: my 82 year old grandma has had excellent regrowth of her hair (and much of the hair growing back had color!) with emu oil she applied topically and regularly.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Sure, feel free to disagree all you want.
however, I'm talking more from a scientific viewpoint than one persons personal experience. There is nothing to suggest that oils can or will make hair grow faster I'm afraid (I wish there was!).
jenp7 wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree that oils can’t affect hair growth: my 82 year old grandma has had excellent regrowth of her hair (and much of the hair growing back had color!) with emu oil she applied topically and regularly.
havana8

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your observations, jenp7. Very interesting that some of the color came back with the growth!

A couple of interesting tidbits:

Baobab oil: Best for boosting growth | Fairly new to the British hair market, there's plenty of hype surrounding baobab oil and its high vitamin content. Along with the essential fatty acids needed for deep hydration and nourishment, baobab also packs vitamins A, D, E, and F, which all combine to improve the elasticity of your locks, and encourage cell regeneration. That's right, it can actually help your hair grow faster!
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/hair/a35722/best-oil-for-your-hair-type/

-----------

A clinical study by Holick on the hair growth activity of emu oil revealed that there was a 20% increase in DNA synthesis, stimulated hair and skin re-growth and also hair follicles were more robust (25).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311290/

-----------

There are also essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, cedarwood and rosemary (and others) that can stimulate or improve hair growth. Here is a quick starting point for that:
https://www.healthline.com/health/essential-oils-for-hair-growth#essential-oils

A small 1998 study reported in Archives of Dermatology indicated that people with alopecia areata experienced significant hair growth when given a daily scalp massage of cedarwood, thyme, rosemary, and lavender essential oils, along with a carrier oil. This mixture was applied directly to the scalp for a seven-month period.
https://www.healthline.com/health/cedarwood-essential-oil#uses
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Fascinating info, havana8! Thanks for sharing!

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely great info Havana. I stand corrected!
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Dare I ask for those applying emu oil, are you putting throughout the scalp? Does it wash out pretty effectively? I found coconut oil to be a nightmare to remove from scalp and hair, no matter how many times I shampooed.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Massage your head and eat foods that are good for hair growth, such as walnuts and black sesame. It's very useful and will make your hair beautiful.
NadavBee

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Have A Healthy And Balanced Diet.
Give Your Scalp A Massage.
Trim Your Hair Regularly.
Don't Wash Too Often.
Don't Brush Too Often.
Lower Your Stress Levels.
Switch Your Pillows.
Use Supplementation.

Doing all these can definitely help for faster growth of hair.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Don't Wash Too Often.
Don't Brush Too Often.

What does this actually mean? What is "Too Often"?

Some folks actually say you can't brush too often and that brushing stimulates the scalp - so I'm curious as to what you mean? I know there are talks about not using plastic brushes because they can scratch scalp but they say that natural fibres are better and stimulate growth.

NadavBee wrote:
Have A Healthy And Balanced Diet.
Give Your Scalp A Massage.
Trim Your Hair Regularly.
Don't Wash Too Often.
Don't Brush Too Often.
Lower Your Stress Levels.
Switch Your Pillows.
Use Supplementation.

Doing all these can definitely help for faster growth of hair.
mrgrtt123
5% products discount

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of great hair products online like Revita. As for me, I used Aloe Vera as I find it effective and cheap at the same time.
dancingbarefoot

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:26 am      Reply with quote
My best luck came from taking tons of supplements and, of course, stress reduction - hard to do when your hair is inadequate or problematic.
mrgrtt123
5% products discount

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Try Aloe Vera, it is a good thing to grow hair.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I recommend kerastase Extentionist ,
for the maintenance of your hair
in this range you will find the shampoo, mask and serum without rinsing that you put on the hairline,
A serum highly concentrated in active ingredients, which stimulate the growth of a strong and healthy hair at the root. Idea
Qiwi

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:10 am      Reply with quote
MaryLetson wrote:

I used coconut oil. It really works!
ml_ja

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I've heard black currant oil internally helps with hair and growth.
SkincarePro954

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Copper Peptides. Skin Biology makes a leave on scalp serum that’s really good. I use it off and on now for maintance.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I heard complex B helps. Take one tablet a day as supplement.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Also inversion yoga postures are also beneficial (and definitely help with stress reduction too) and the extra circulation to the head no doubt has an effect on the hair and scalp too. However not everyone is strong enough for this (understandably) but you can even lie on a slant board with your feet and lower body raised and achieve similar effects too!
Organicskincare55
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that applying peppermint oil with jojoba oil as the carrier oil to your hair has incredible results in terms of hair growth.

Plus, it's natural!

You may consider looking into that dear.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Sorry but how is it natural? It isn't natural at all - its applying something external to the body that the body cant make or manufacture and thats not natural per se.

Organicskincare55 wrote:
I've heard that applying peppermint oil with jojoba oil as the carrier oil to your hair has incredible results in terms of hair growth.

Plus, it's natural!

You may consider looking into that dear.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |