Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Health Issues = Reasons Microneedling Not Working? HELP PLS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BossBlonde123

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I pray someone helpful will respond to this as I am struggling emotionally for so long now. I had flawless, porcelain skin and was administered a TCA/Jessners Chemical Peel about 4 years ago by a reckless dermatologist.I had no business getting this done or even being in the office. I was left with what I think is scars over every inch of my face. I tried professional microneedling, following protocols and waiting 4 weeks then doing it again. I have done a total of 10 or so treatments over 3 years and each time my skin grows back EXACTLY the same. No improvement in scars/damage and even pigmentation never fades or changes. It does NOT respond at all! I found out 6 months ago that I have mold illness, leaky gut and low Sam-E and want to know if anyone else knows about health issues effecting results of microneedling? Has anyone else not have needling work for them but then when they addressed their health it worked? I have deep depression from this and any help is so appreciated. I can give pictures & more info and would love an open discussion.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Sorry this happened to you I'm not a dermatologist but I would think that yes your general health is important to how you heal after dermal needling. Needling uses your own bodys repair process to improve the skin so if you are ill it may not work so well I'd think.

You also don't say what your skincare plan is or how deep you rolled with the needles. If you have scar tissue you need to use at least 1mm but possibly 1.5mm or 2mm depending on the thickness of your skin in each location. Obviously be very careful under eyes etc.

Another possible is that your skin barrier has been damaged and never recovered after the peel you can research this online it is fixed with creams using ceramides etc and can take a long time several months to fully repair.

It might be best to see a medical as opposed to a cosmetic dermatologist for their advice as they can actually look at your skin and hopefully they won't just be trying to sell you a treatment.

I myself had my skin burnt and scarred a little by a medispa in the past, it only faded after many years of retin a use and it was very small but I know that these places don't always have your best interests at heart.
bellabeauty

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I read an article about microneedling being contra-indicated for people with certain health issues (I can not l ink to the article because of being a new member, but you can google it yourself):

Wrinkles may worsen with microneedling in patients prone to glycation, but this is not an absolute contraindication to treatment. Glycation is due to abnormal cross-linking of collagen. Therefore, the more new collagen that is produced via needling, (be that cosmetic or medical), the more cross-linking, the worse the appearance, if it was truly due to glycation. Patients should be aware of this and sign informed consent.

Glycation looks like ‘cobblestone’ which is quite different to loss of structural integrity due to sun damage. In the latter, we typically also see hyperpigmentation. Other things to consider that may ‘appear’ similar to glycation, or complicate the appearance of glycation, would be scarring (due to electrolysis or chemical peels, done repeatedly over a lengthy time), or sebaceous hyperplasia. Solar elastosis may also have a similar appearance.

Glycation is more pronounced in diabetics and influenced by diet, so any positive changes associated with needling may also be due to dietary advice given at the time of consultation. Products that contain ingredients that combat glycation, such as L-Carnosine, or Supplamine, should always be used in conjunction with microneedling. These can be applied topically or taken as a supplement. I would recommend both oral and topical in severe cases.

Googling 'glycation + scar' I got this (but didn't have access to the full article):

[i]During this process, organic proteins like collagen undergo irreversible glycation, influenced by oxidative stress. As scar formation is characterised by excessive collagen deposition, factors that negatively influence the structure and function of collagen may cause impaired scarring.

So you may want to do something about your underlying health issues first. Perhaps by trying these supplements mentioned above and also look into the keto-diet.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BossBlonde123,

I am sorry to read of your experience and distress. I am not medically trained (although I am a scientist geology/hydrogeology/ecology) and have spent 40 years doing DIY skincare and have micro-needled for 10 years (maybe 11), 4-6 deep rolls per year.

Skin health is linked to personal health and based on what I know, it is difficult to achieve good micro needling results if your body does not have good: nutrition, circulation, sleep, and calm.

I recently watched a video of Dr. Fernandes who invented derma rolling. He is in his 70's. He is doing a 0.1 mm derma roll every day and when he does a series of deep rolls he does 1.0 mm once per week.

Also, just a thought. I use fresh aloe vera on my skin on a daily basis. Grocery stores sometimes sell large leaves. I always grow it to have it on hand. I cut off the spiny edges, open the leaf and smear it all over my eyes, face and neck and wipe with a cloth as a face wash. I apply and let dry and then apply lotion. I also scrape the flesh off, apply to a silk reusable facial (like the throw away but its washable and sustainable), put that on my face and then place a silicon face mask over the aloe saturated silk facial cloth. The mask keeps the aloe vera saturated cloth moist, attaches to the ears and may be worn for an extended period of time. After an hour, my skin glows. AV is healing and promotes collagen production. Test to make sure that you are not allergic.

Work to get your health in good form, maybe try the AV and based on analytical and anecdotal results micro needling should fix your skin over time.

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |