Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you exfoliate with?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello all!

I am thru with my 2nd JB Radiance exfoliant and I would like to try something new.

I know that Dermalogicas Daily Microfoliant has got some great reviews, but I am not sure if its sutable for dry/sensitve skin?

What do you guys use/what would you recomend?

Thanks!
Aga
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Epidermx works well for me.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use Neal's Yard Honey and Orange Scrub, I think it is about £13 for a large jar. The boyfriend it hooked on it so I'm forbidden to use anything else.
Oh and I also use (now I know this is going to sound strange) porriage oats out of the kitchen cupboad - you get the same deep clean effect as Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, and it takes off your make-up. In fact I've had some pretty good results from oats. Just need to be careful you don't block the drains!!!! Laughing
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using Origins Never A Dull Moment which is nice, but not my holy grail exfoliator. It is a physical and chemical exfoliator so after massaging in the scrub I leave it on my face for a while like a mask before rinsing and the Papaya extracts get rid of dead skin cells. My skin always feels really soft and smooth after using it and the smell is divine.

That said, the YSL Instant Pur granule-free exfoliator is absolutely AMAZING - I am definately getting it when my Origins runs out (the Origins is lasting for ages though!)
Mabsy

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Microfoliant but I cannot comment on whether it's suitable for sensitive skins, I guess this all depends on how sensitive it is.... I have read a few posts where people mention that it dries them out, but, again, I haven't had those problems (then again my skin varies from normal to combo).

The exfoliants that I have in my bathroom at the moment are:

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
Microfoliant
PTR Botanical Buffing Beads
Phytomer Gommage Marine
JB Radiance Exfoliant
CSRx Polishing Grains
Perfect Potion Bare Faced Exfoliator
LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Pevonia Enzymo-spheride Peeling Cream

I think the PTR Botanical Buffing Beads would be a very good choice for you - plus the bottle lasts absolute *ages*!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi I liked Origins Never a Dull Moment but I have to say Epidermx is the best I've tried! Brilliant stuff.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,

I have sensitive/dry skin and I use Babor extra mild peeling. I have had no problems with the this product. It makes the skin feel clean without drying it out. I usually follow it with Babor's calming sensitive mask.

The description on the essential day spa website for the extra mild peeling cleanser says..

This is a mild facial exfoliant that contains the finest herbal grains as well as plant lipids to gently remove superficial dead skin cells and balance the skin's pH. Can be used on normal and sensitive skin. Removes dead superficial skin cells and metabolic waste.

Hope this helps! Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Epidermx. Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Microfoliant

Green Cream Retinol

Salicylic Acid products when needed
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Microfoliant, Cream Exfoliant, Face prescrub

I tried a sample of the Pevonia's Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream, it's said to "eliminate impurities, dead cells and blackheads". I like it a lot, it's very gentle, there is no scrubing so I feel that it's not as abrasive to the skin. And my skin felt so wonderful and soft afterwards. I will definitely buy it after I finished with the Dermalogica products.

KK
dionne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I have sensitive skin which is also quite thin.. I have been using YSL Instant Pur granule-free exfoliator and ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I use Epidermx of course Wink I also like Lactic Acid 40%.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I use Origin's never a dull moment. I really like it as you don't have to scrub too hard as enzymes in the scrub dissolve dead skin cell. Very Happy
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I have had great results with Epidermx!! I love that I can use as exfoliator as well as do deeper exfoliation and get microdermabrasion out of it!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |