Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

retin a under my eyes gave me wrinkles.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
efin

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I used real retin a under my eyes. I put too much on and now my skin looks terrible. it looks like i am crying wrinkles. its been over a month and they havent gone away. any advice would be great. i would post pics idk how
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you really irritated that tender area. Now you know not to put Retin-a there! I would use the most soothing gel or cream that I could find, one that has no fragrance and is not heavy or sticky. If it's still red and irritated, try holding an ice cube there for a minute before applying the cream with your ring finger.

It'll be okay. Skin heals. Live and learn!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
that has happened to me. just make sure that you use vaseline or another neutral ointment around the eye area and avoid applying retin-a there. avene makes a retinol eye cream that is specfic for the eye. However, since retin-a/retinol travels to areas of the face even when you don't apply it there, you can just rely on it to go to those areas itself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I also put retinol around the eyes but I imperatively apply a nourishing cream on top to avoid any irritation Rolling Eyes
lizza_johnson_10

Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:45 am      Reply with quote
efin wrote:
I used real retin a under my eyes. I put too much on and now my skin looks terrible. it looks like i am crying wrinkles. its been over a month and they havent gone away. any advice would be great. i would post pics idk how

The old school regimen for Retin was to wait 15–30 minutes after cleansing, until the skin was dry and absorbent, to apply. It was never recommended to apply a moisturizer afterward. New studies have shown that moisturizing the skin after the Retin has absorbed not only protects the skin but assists the Retin to do its job.
I use an oil that I pour into my hands and then pat gently into my
face, out of concern about "altering" the costly Retin by massaging the cream onto the body.
I prefer Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil, which pure argan oil and other natural oils which helps in improving the appearance of scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin which enhances the Retin action. I buy it from cosmetize.com, they have great deals on skincare products.
AmberP
5% products discount

Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for the advice. I didn't want to make a separate discussion. There are not many remedies that really help me. Right now I'm looking for a skin moisturizer.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:42 am      Reply with quote
So people respond differently to Retin A, and it comes in a variety of mediums (i.e. gel, cream, microgel) and side effects can and do happen at different points for different people. What strength were you using and what medium?

I have used Retin A since my early 20s but I have worked with a derm for that whole length of time and wouldn't be without it, but I have encountered all sorts of side effects at different points from peelin gand redness to wrinkles and lived through them and beyond them so know it can happen but also it can be repaired.

Right now give your skin a rest. Just moisturise with a basic moisturiser and use a serum to calm your skin down. Try not to stress (easier said than done I know, but stress isn't going to help you) and realise this is just a change in motion.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I can put prescription retin a on and around my eyes daily.
You should start once every week or so and gradually build it up. Retinol doesn’t give wrinkles. It build up collagen.

There is stages that your skin go through and continues to do so because the skin need to Shen and new skin comes out.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |