Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Question about Jurlique cleanser thats like DrH CC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Just read the EDS description of the Jurlique cleansing cream that has been said on this forum to be similar to the Dr H. Thing is in the description it says use after soaking skin with AHC's and use AHC to make the cream into a paste. Errmmm maybe being thick but whats AHC?
hmm

Thanks!!!
(feeling a bit dim)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Righto - managed to answer my own question by checking the Jurlique website and thought I'd post for anyone else interested!
Apparently AHC's are a range of essential oils, there are different ones for different skin types etc: -

http://www.jurlique.co.uk/productsite/listproducts.asp?GroupID=5&ItemID=18

I like the look of Rose Chamomile.
Only problem is if you have to get this as well as the cream it doesn't make it much cheaper than the Dr H, though I guess you could try using a toner or perhaps camellia oil or another brand of facial oil?

Looks a fab range though.
(No NO! Put the card down and walk away NOW! Shame on you )

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
The soaking part is not something that is unique to the Jurlique cleanser. The Dr Hauschka video about use of the Dr H CC also says to put a warm compress on your face. This is supposed to open up the pores.

I've got the Jurlique Lemon AHC (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2264) and while I don't think it's done anything spectacular for my skin, it's something that tends to wake me up a bit more in the mornings when I use it. The only gripe I have with it is how hard it is to get a drop of it out of the bottle (which has a reducer cap in it). I wouldn't call this an essential step in your skincare routine (you can do a compress with *just* warm water) - it's more of a pampering one Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy - I'm trying to cut down my Glycolic * spam alert * - Now my skin has normalized I'm finding the MDForte glycolic cleanser twice a day (which has done me proud for the last year or so) is a bit drying these days ( must be old age!! Laughing ). I'm looking for something that I can use instead int he mornign or evening that will keep my skin clear still. Every time I go glycolic free my skin rebels by getting congested and flaky and generally icky so I'm trying to find a good balance!
Might splash out on the Jurlique...or shall I go with the DrH? Or shall I try something more quick and refreshing for first thing in the morning? Decisions decisions!! Very Happy

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Lucia - just as an aside, I find the PCA Skin cleanser for problem skin less drying than the MDF glycolic cleanser. The PCA Skin cleanser also has AHA in it but I don't know the concentration. You could perhaps drop the glycolic cleanser to just once a day if your skin responds well to it?

Personally I find the effect of the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream and the Jurlique one to be pretty much the same. The Jurlique cleansing cream has chunks of flowers/herbs in it whereas the Dr Hauschka cleanser is based on extracts (so it's a smoother paste). For me, the Jurlique was harder to wash off because I kept getting bits or rose petals etc stuck in my hair Laughing Embarassed
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Thanks for that, I'll check out the PCA cleanser Very Happy
The flowers and herbs thing sounds lovely - but I had to giggle at the thought of it getting all in your hair - I had a similar problem with a LUSH bath bomb I used - smelt gorgeous - looked beautiful in the water, was a complete pain to get off me, off the bath, out of the plug etc etc!!! My nice relaxing pampering session turned into a mammoth cleaning session!!! Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |