Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Help - eye product recommendations needed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rere

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I am 28 and I have a very bad habit that I rub my eyes very often, now, I have some fine lines appeared in the inner corners of my eyes and eyelid. My eyelid now looks a bit "loose"... Is there any recommendation to cure this?

I have mistakenly thought the lines appeared because the skin around my eyes are too dry, so I switched to a rich eye cream, and now, some greasy spots appeared

1) I would like to get an eye product that can have good firming effect for my eyelid (& under eye bag!), but not so rich that my skin cannot take it. Any suggestions?
2) Is there any products that can help me to get rid of the greasy spots that I have around the eyes caused by using an eye cream that's too rich for me?
3) Can Dermalogica Firming Booster be applied around the eye area, and if so, will it help my situation (fine lines & loose eyelids)?
4) Can Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant be applied around the eye area, and if so, help me to absorb oil from those "spots" that I have around my eyes?
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the EDS forum! Very Happy

I have oily eyelids, so I love Orlane B21 Oligo Cooling Balm Eye Contour. It's a light gel-like lotion that works for me (not too rich). A few other members on this forum like this as well.

I have the same problem too. I rub my eyes because I sit in front of a computer monitor all day and or when I'm sleepy. I don't have the lines around my eyes yet, but if I keep rubbing them the lines will show up. Rolling Eyes
rere

Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, does the eye-gel has firming effect? Yes, I work with computers all day too.. that's probably why.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rere,

First, I would advise you to stay away from using the Microfoliant around the eye area. You might dry it out completely rather than just the isolated spots. Now, what exactly do you mean by oily spots? Just areas that now produce more oil or do you actually have little bumps that weren't there before? If you do have the little bumps (called millia) then I would suggest using an eye cream with AHAs (e.g. MD Formulations Vit-a-Plus eye cream) *just* on those bumps. If it is just areas where more oil is being produced then that should normalise by itself one you switch to a lighter product. If not then you could try using a dab of something like a normalizing oil (Dr Hauschka has one, Decleor has one as well).

I have heard good things about the Orlane cream-gel that WhiteLotus suggested but I have not tried it myself so I don't know if it has a tightening effect. I also like the Babor Sensational Eyes gel but I wouldn't say that this tightens significantly (and this is a gel, not a cream-gel). Pevonia makes an eye gel (Evolutive Eye Gel) that is actually more like a cream-gel formulation, but, again, I wouldn't call it tightening. The one cream that I did try that was tightening and not too rich was the Phytomer Lift Contour eye cream. I didn't like it myself because of that tightening effect (which is not what I'm looking for in an eye cream - at least not yet...) but I definitely did feel it tighten.
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi rere,

I don't have any issues with my eyelids other than that it's oily and tired from looking at a monitor all day. So I couldn't comment on any tightening effects.

Sorry I'm not much help there.

I agree with Mabsy, the Microfoliant around the eye area is not a good idea. Though you have oily eyelids, if you strip too much from the lids, it will only cause the skin to produce more oil.
rere

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy

Thanks very much for your advise. Yes, I believe what I have are millia (good guess!), sorry for the poor English. As suggested, I think I should try to cure the millia by applying MD Formulations Vit-a-Plus eye cream to the millia (maybe by a cotton bud, so the product only land on the little spots?). And I should not apply this to other part of my eyes?

And I think I really should only be patient and cure the millia first before I want to do firming as well Rolling Eyes Is it too early for me to use firming products or there is actually no set age for this?

WhiteLotus,

No, thanks for your advise. I hope I can cure my problems first and afterwards, I may try Orlane B21 Oligo Cooling Balm Eye Contour
Wink
rere

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy

I realise there is also a product called MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Intensive Anti-aging Lotion -> could you kindly advise the main difference between this one and the eye cream you suggested?
Mabsy

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Rere - the Vit-A-Plus Intensive Anti-aging Lotion has double the concentration of glycolic acid (20% vs. 10% in the eye cream). I would be a bit worried about putting that around the eye area myself.

In terms of the Vit-A-Plus eye cream - it's actually supposed to be used underneath and around the side of the eye area, particularly on mature skins I gather. I spot treat because I don't really need it anywhere else and I don't wont to unnecessarily dry out the skin around the eyes. You could actually just try spot treating (pointed cotton bud is what I use) with a 10% glycolic gel product (if you have one). And I fully agree with you, I think you should deal with this in stages. First, fix the millia. Then after that is over and done with, you can focus on your other concerns. Good luck!
missykiehls
5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I am pretty interested in this MD formulation vit a - plus eye cream.

As mentioned earlier, it contains AHAs so would that irritate sensitive skin?

Some products that I have used contained AHAs and it irritated my skin causing little red blotches so I'll just like to know how this product reacted with your skin, particularly if your skin type is a little sensitive.

Thanks!
Mabsy

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
missykiehls - it's 10% AHA which is pretty high for sensitive skin but I guess it depends on how sensitive your skin really is. What was the percentage of AHAs in the other products you have tried?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |