Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Need a toner for eye and face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jwong95
5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I wonder if any of you could recommend a good toner that can be used for eye and face.

I recently bought the Vassassi Cellular Eye Repair Mask. Just before use, I found that the mask should be removed with a cotton soaked with tonic lotion. The toner that I am using helps to control oil, so it might not be suitable for eye area.

I am 35. My skin is dry with large pores, but slightly oily on T-zone area with acne on forehead and chin. The eye area is okay but start to have a few fine lines underneath now. Just wonder if there is a toner that help me to save time by allowing me to apply on face and eye areas.

Thinking if the two Dr Hauschka toners can be considered because I am going to Germany in 2 weeks' time and would like to get some of the Dr.H products during the trip.

Your advice will be appreciated.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would *really* recommend the Phytomer Face Dew toner. It leaves skin feeling very soft and ever so slightly moisturised, it faintly smells of roses, and it can be used around the eye area with no problems. I would not recommend the DR H clarifying toner, but the normal one would be good. This is the one that I am currently using. However, I use the Dr H toner and the Phytomer toner differently (not sure why....). The Phytomer one I put on a cotton ball and swipe across my skin, whereas the Dr Hauschka toner I spray directly on my face (it comes in a pump bottle) or into my palm then then press onto my skin.
missykiehls
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
just would like to confirm - is this phytomer face dew toner that you love so much also called the rosee visage??
lucy2
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
My skin type is similar. Right now I use Clinique's MILD toner with salicylic acid. I am considering making my own with a witch hazel hydrosol and rosemary hydrosol.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
The Normal Dr Hauschka Toner (Not the Claryfying) - I had a look at the label and it is predominantly witch hazel. I would recomend for your skin (I share the same skin type) going to your local chemist and buying a bottle of plain Witch Hazel, It only costs me £1.50 - I put it into my old Dr Hauschka spray bottle, the money I save pays for my Dr H cleanser.
Very Happy
lucy2
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
An added note about witch hazel - it generally has a lot of alcohol if you just buy straight witch hazel. There are a few alcohol-free options: the hydrosol (the company I am getting it from makes it alcohol free) and Thayers makes an alcohol free toner.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
missykiehls wrote:
just would like to confirm - is this phytomer face dew toner that you love so much also called the rosee visage??

Yes, that's the one Smile
jwong95
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Thanks for your recommendation. I shall include this toner in my first order to EDS. I'm still looking for some other items to make a bigger order to avoid the postage. Want to get some ideas on the masks too. Do you have any suggestions on masks that helps to hydrate and cure my large pores at the same time?

I am so excited to know about this web site where so many skin care product users are sharing their opinions. I learned a lot from you all. Thanks for all the reviews.
Mabsy

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I think if you want a mask to help with pore size you'd need to go for a deep cleansing mud mask rather than a moisturising mask. So you're looking at two issues here and I think two products (alternating use). I still think that the best way to clear out pores is with the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream though, not with a mask. After two weeks of twice daily use my blackheads were gone and my pores were pretty much invisible. If you *really* do want a mask then I've heard good things about the Dr Hauschka mud mask. I also have the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask and this is very effective (but can sting/burn like hell on some skins so beware!). I have plenty of effective moisturising masks as well. Phytomer, Sothys, Thalgo, and Dr Hauschka moisturising masks seem to be my fave recently.
jwong95
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information Mabsy. Surprised I have been using Jurlique's Face Wash Cream and Aromatic Hydrating Concentrate but normally once a day only. Guess it has the similar theory as Dr Hauschka's Cleansing Cream and Facial Steam Bath. Perhaps I should try to use it twice daily for a better result. Will definitely get Dr Hauschka's CC and FSB when the existing Jurlique items run out.

Since my skin is combination type with oily T-zone and dry on the other parts, I normally treat it a hydrating mask everyday before going to bed. I have been using Neutrogena's Deep Hydrating Mask (in sheet form). The first few months with it delivered very good result but recently I feel my face would like something new instead. I'm still using it at the moment because I still have some in the frige. It's good that you recommend Dr Hauschka's products because I am going to Germany next week and plan to get some Dr Hauschka items there at a much cheaper price. I will certainly grab some to stock my cupboard. Thanks Mabsy!
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
was just curious as to why people were recommending the Dr H regular toner over the clarifying toner?

thanks!
Mabsy

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
stephie wrote:
was just curious as to why people were recommending the Dr H regular toner over the clarifying toner?

Speaking for myself, I didn't mean that as a general statement. Jwong95 mentioned that she wanted to use it around the eye area and also that she had dry skin, therefore the normal version rather than the clarifying version is better here (IMO). If you have oily skin then the clarifying one could be a good choice.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |