Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ahava Dead Sea Mineral Mud Soap for oily/acne skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I'd mention this after my latest bout of window shopping (facilitated by MUA reviews). I was looking at MUA reviews this morning and checking out Ahava as I have used some of the masks before (which were good btw) and I wanted to see what followup reviews have been written. I noticed something that I probably just didn't pay attention to before - the reviews for the Dead Sea Mineral Mud Soap. It seems to get fantastic reviews and people recommend it for oily or spotty skin. A couple of people said that it clears up acne or helps control it at least. Here's the thing - it's CHEAP and apparently lasts ages too!

So, has anyone tried this? I will probably end up getting a bar of this but to use on my body (not a big fan of using bars of stuff on my face). If it's good for clearing up acne then it should also be good for making sure one has a spotless chest/back. Has anyone tried the Ahava salt soap as well? TIA Angel
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Is there an ingredient list available? Smile Thanks!
Mabsy

Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
From the Ahava website:
Corn (Zea Mays) Starch, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cetearyl Alc, Water, Stearic Acid, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Dead Sea Mud (Silt), Dead Sea Salt, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Phosphoric Acid
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,soap is soap no matter whats in it. I can see from the ingredient listing that the minerals is close to the end, which is only telling me there isn't much in it. All these lovely beauty soaps are tempting, but not good for skin.
Jericho-DeadSea

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry but I couldn’t resist answering even though every body will think im biased as we import Dead Sea products from Israel to Canada.

Dead Sea products are different from other products and here is why:

“ Dead Sea cosmetics are different. These unique products leave absolutely no oiliness on the surface of the skin. They are equally effective in all atmospheres -dry or moist. Dead Sea products actually increase the moisture level and permeability of the skin, thereby allowing the minerals to penetrate into the deepest layers of the epidermis. This process, in turn, replaces essential minerals, which are necessary for retention of moisture and healthy cell growth.

The water of the Dead Sea contains 21 minerals including magnesium, calcium, bromine, and potassium, 12 of which are found in no other sea or ocean. Some are recognized for imparting a relaxed feeling, nourishing the skin, activating the circulatory system, and for easing rheumatic discomfort and metabolic disorders.

The following table illustrates just a few of the essential minerals found in Dead Sea cosmetics:

Potassium-Sodium - Supplies energy to skin cells
Magnesium - Activates enzymes to accelerate cell regeneration
Bromide - Soothes and treats skin ailments
Chloride - Helps balance body's minerals
Calcium - Strengthens cell membranes and eases pain”

Of course not all of the Dead Sea products are of the same quality. But the good products do feel different.
There is no better way to know than to try.

And please excuse my English If I made any mistakes. I’m more fluent in Hebrew Smile
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Howdy guys--

So I've actually been to the dead sea and lived in Israel for a couple of months and AHAVA is basically the gift that so many people bring back to their friends at home!
Basically, the minerals are so strong that it would make sense that you would not need a lot of it in the formula. Put it this way -- at the dead sea if you shave before you go into the water your legs will burn from all the salt and minerals. Before you go into the sea, however, there is a pile of mud that you can pat onto your body and I have never felt my skin so soft. This is pretty much the same effect you get with Ahava. You know...I haven't used it in a while (they turn into piles of gifts you haven't given out in your house!), but Thanks Masby because I will definitely start up on it again.
For the real thing...get to the dead sea! Smile
ciaa

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Can anybody tell me if i can use pure dead sea mud...like the one ahava sells on face. They never mention that and i want to know why. What is wrong with using dead sea mud on face?

Thanks. I really want to explore this.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |