Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shiseido Gentle Cleansing Foam - Have U Tried It ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachel06
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if anyone uses the Shiseido gentle cleansing foam ? I have been told that you cant use this product alone to remove make up as it leaves traces of make up on you skin ? I was just wondering how effective people found it at removing their make up etc. and how good they found it,

Many thanks ! Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I used to use Shiseido all the time a few years ago... including the Gentle Cleansing Foam and I wear a lot of makeup and it was fine. Always used a separate eyemake up remover but for the rest of my face, it did the trick.
It smells soft and pretty and is very thick and pearlescent, you need only a smidgeon ( eheh love that word) to make a decent lather.
I used the Softening lotion afterward and did not find it was still picking up makeup traces, so I would disagree with the notion you can't use it alone! If one is ever in doubt ( with any cleanser whatsoever) there is nothing to stop you doing it twice, a la hair shampoo, rinse and repeat style, to be completely sure. We take all that care hair wise but expect one cleanse to get off a heap of makeup! Shock
I used it for a couple of years... just got bored and changed ( as I do!) brands but wouldnt hesitate to use it again. Smile
Rachel06
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the advice! Its good to know I can use it alone and nice to know how you found it !

It is a lovely product, i sometimes have problem skin and am hoping that this product will help a little and not irritate it.

Thank you again Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Ooh no worries! I found it didnt irritate or dry my skin out like some foaming cleansers... but on the other hand ... it never broke my skin out either. Just left it nice and clean!
Good luck with it! Smile
Rachel06
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thats good to know, thank you again Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)