Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
HELP!! faster hair growth!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
celeste
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I just had a BAD hair cut, i want to know if anyone knows any products or ways to make hair grow faster!! thanks Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
no, I don't know anything besides extensions

Maybe you need it reshaped? you might like it better...or at least be able to handle it til it grows.
celeste
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I 've already tried extensions but it doesnt last very long and the ends dried out so quickly. plus its very expensive...now I am just too disappointed to do anything.. Wink thanx
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Hmm not sure anything will really make your hair grow faster - although on a positive note hair grows faster in the summer than in the winter anyway!
I have bought hair care products fromwww.healthyhairplus.com and they ones I tried I really liked, they have a'problem solving' approach and they do have a section on promoting faster hair growth but I'm not sure how effective this will be (it seems to be based around a vitamin supplement plus good haircare products to prevent breakage/damage to the existing hair) and they promise an increase in hair growth. Not sure but I think they offer a satisfaction or your money back kind of thing - might be worth checking out. Though I think a good diet/supplement plus looking after your hair with appropriate products will certainly make it seem like your hair is growing faster as it will not be breaking and will be in good condition.
Also worth seeing a good hairdresser to see if they can salvage the cut and make it into something you like more in the mean time.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Nutritional supplements containing silica (horsetail extract) and/or MSM are known to help promote hair growth. I used to take a supplement containing both last fall when I was experimenting with trying to grow my eyelashes (!), and noticed that my (head) hair was growing even faster than usual (my hair typcially grows 1 ˝ per month, but when I was taking the supplements, it was growing over two inches per month!
celeste
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanx Lucia! I will take a look!!

carekate, do you mind telling me the name of the supplement you were taking?? I would love to try that! thank you!!

celeste

carekate wrote:
Nutritional supplements containing silica (horsetail extract) and/or MSM are known to help promote hair growth. I used to take a supplement containing both last fall when I was experimenting with trying to grow my eyelashes (!), and noticed that my (head) hair was growing even faster than usual (my hair typcially grows 1 ˝ per month, but when I was taking the supplements, it was growing over two inches per month!
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
One of my concern lately is that my hair seems to just fall off by itself especially when I take my shower. Granted that I do shampoo my hair 2x a day and sometimes once a day depending what activity(ies) I have for that day, but it seems the hair in my front part is quite thinner than it used to be...

When I read this thread, I was glad to read about it and now I'm browsing the Net for anything that will help me stop the falling off and/or regrow those hair back. As I was browsing, I came across a product name Nourkrin Hair Loss Remedy Product

Has anybody heard of it? Has anyone used it? The website is in England so I'm still browsing if there's any distributor here in the USA.

As for the horsetail extract, there's quite few brand names, just don't know which one is the best out there.

Question: Should one take the supplement and the shampoo? Or can the shampoo/conditioner will work itself regrowing those hair back.

I'm not very good in taking supplement/vitamins everyday so shampoo/conditioner is my best way here Embarassed

Thank you for your kind help.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
i m guessing taking supplements and shampoo are different things.. but i could be wrong.. i am just looking for the right supplement to take (carekate's one might work) Smile any suggestions??
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I was taking MSM supplements for a while to try and improve my skin. I took it for about 4 months but have just recently decided to stop. Reason for this was that it was making my hair grow much quicker than usual. Not really a problem with the hair on my head but I also found that my body hair was growing quicker too. I found that my facial hair was growing at an alarming rate and seemed much thicker and darker than usual.
Since I stopped taking the MSM (about 3 weeks ago) things seem to have calmed down.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I’ve tried all of these (see links), but the first two gave me the best results....

http://www.superbherbs.com/hairskinnails.html

http://www.bluebonnetnutrition.com/womens_health/ultimate_hair_nail.html

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod3313&skuid=sku303313&CATID=100164&navAction=push&navCount=0

http://www.iherb.com/shenminwoman1.html?ovchn=INK&ovcpn=SiteMatch&ovcrn=SMX&ovtac=PI

Note: I didn’t buy my supplements from the above-links, I bought them at my local drugstore or health food store.

BTW, Toe is right: these supplements are going to make ALL your hair grow quicker, not just the stuff growing on your head! So be prepared to tweeze your brows more often, and shave and/or wax your legs and “bikini-area” more frequently....
celeste
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:14 am      Reply with quote
haha i will!
thanx Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |