Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

a new idea for a topical face-lift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I'd really like to try making something. I'm thinking a serum with DMAE to rub into the scalp, maybe overnight or pre-washing hair. I can really feel the tightening effect of the DMAE in the alphaderma. I was thinking a scalp product might have a similar face-lifting effect as putting your hair up. Scalp exercises certainly help to pull your face up.

I'm thinking it might be a bit of a faff to use, but maybe for special occasions.

I'm itching to try this out, but I can't afford any more packages right now and I don't have the ingredients.

What do you think? Has anyone tried this already? And would any of you kitchen sink chemists like to give it a go? If you do please tell me what happens.

Thanks
M
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,

Can you explain what scalp exercises are? I never thought of putting DMAE on my Scalp. hmm hmm I would be concerned about putting AlphaDerma on my scalp. Can't imagine what it would do to my hair color. Shock
Wonder if the DMAE Serum would do anything. Question Please don't get me thinking now of a forehead lift. Wink

Winnie
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie

Yes, scalp exercises - for example look at this page
http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/index.html
Not that I would recommend his exercises. His forehead looks smooth, but a bit tall and disproportionate to me. You have to be careful which exercises you choose. In my opinion some of them can be distorting.

I prefer to use some exercises I learned fromwww.flexeffect.com and another book which I have forgotten the name of for the moment (I'll post when I remember if you like - it's a very good book).

I exercise my scalp from time to time but I don't like the idea of overbuilding and looking like a muscle-head so these days I mostly just massage in a vigorous way the sort of oyster shaped muscles which lie directly behind and running above your ears. It pulls the side of your face up nicely. HTH:shock:

I might try a little alphaderma on my scalp myself (I'm so tempted), but I don't think I've got enough until my new batch arrives. Oh, and thanks for posting about the alphaderma so much Winnie it's really having a lovely effect on me - people are telling me how good I look.

M
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,

Please do give me more info. on these exercises. I am trying to find the muscle behind my ears you are talking about. Recently I bought a Chi Exerciser. Mainly I bought it for passive arobic exercise for my bum ankle. Boy, does it feel better. I have noticed my complexion is nice and pink. "All the oxygen going to my face.

You go and put AlphaDerma on your scalp and let me know how you do. Very Happy I wouldn't dare as I have my hair colored in a salon. I do have a whole bottle of JB DMAE and it is totally colorless...what do you think? Funny you should bring this up. I always apply AlphaDerma CE right up slight in my hairline and on my ears. Laughing When I apply to my neck I do go behind my ears. Oh, and don't forget behind your neck.

Scalp exercise does make some sense. I my Facial Flex. A true believer in Facial Exercise.

Please keep me informed either in this thread or PM.

W
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie

I don't have enough Alphaderma to cover my entire scalp or I'd give it a go. But I think you should try the colourless stuff - GO ON! I'm dying to know if it does anything. Laughing

Back to the muscle above your ear. Here's a good diagram http://www.flexeffect.com/muscles.htm
Do you see the muscle area fanning out around and above the ear. I spread my fingers out around the top of this muscle push it up and hold and then try and pull the muscle back down towards your ear whilst keeping the fingers firmly pinning it up - to create some resistance. Then I do the same trying to push the muscle up. It takes some practice to be able to contract this muscle so don't worry if you can't do it at first. This exercise was partly from Natural Facelift by Juliette Kando, but I add the 'resistance' touted by Flexeffect. The Kando book is interesting and goes through actually locating the muscles in the first place in a very long drawn out time consuming process, but in the end I don't find most of the exercises strong enough so I add the resistance. She also has some really wacky ideas, I actually used to laugh out loud reading this sometimes. www.facercise.com is another system I've tried. She's good for the middle face, but I personally avoid her forehead exercises and she doesn't really include the scalp, which I think is necessary.

Unfortunately it's a question of trying out the various books and it's very slow to learn and finding which exercises work for you and which don't. It's a bit like skincare. What works for some doesn't work for others. These days I have a collection of exercises from these and other sources which I have found suit my particular physiology.

Please be a good guineau pig and go and try the topical scalp lift. You might make history Laughing

M
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |