Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
REVIEW- THE ORGANIC MAKE-UP COMPANY LIPSTICK & FACE CREA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Tinkerbell,

Thanks for the wealth of information! You have given me a lot of things to think about. I, too, have heard of the Titanium Dioxide controversy, and it is very hard to find products (specifically face powder and foundations) without it. So far the only luck I've had is with Aubrey Organics Silken Earth makeup. It's not vegan because of the silk powder, but it really uses minimal ingredients: Silk Powder, Hematite (earth color), and a natural red derived from Beet Extract or Carmine (based on availability).

As for the 'byproduct' issue you mentioned regarding obtaining minerals from the earth -- are you referring to process the minerals must go through in order to be seperated from the rest of the, um, junk in the earth? Wink I've never thought of it that way, I simply assumed minerals were natural and therefore pure. Hrmm....
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks A LOT for the DISCOUNT CODE!!!

My assistant asked for the code from your friend in Austalia and it works!

Anyway, when I was at the Complections professional makeup supply shop, the colors were a bit on the warmer side, but I was told by the store owner that The Organic Makeup Company is in the process of developing a range of cooler colors that should suit your needs. Some of their eyeshadows should work for you now and I was told that they will have 'shimmer' eyeshadows in a few weeks. FYI, the email my assistant received was originally from their General Manager, Yuhon Li and his email address is yu-hon@organicmakeup.ca, so I guess you can email him directly if you have questions.

As for how the products apply. They apply as well as any other luxury conventional line from Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden etc.

The BIG DIFFERENCE is that your face will smell very nice and its very easy to remove. You can even use their facial oil as a makeup remover as the essential oils can dissolve all the makeup and its easy to clean.

The foundation is VERY SHEER and the face powders and concealer can be layered. The light foundation should

I love their wet / dry eyeshadow. Just add a drop of water and you have an instant eyeliner.

No one has really touched on this, but the skin care line is quite AWESOME and really offers a lot of value for the price. I bought a few items and everything works wonderfully.

I only wish I had the discount code earlier!!!
tinkerbell
5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Your welcome to the discount code at the organic makeup company styleguru!

My friend told me she's been flooded with email requests for the discount code from all over the world and she's actually having fun as she did not realise how powerful the internet is!

Chimera, to clarify the mineral issue, you need to understand that minerals by nature come from the ground and needs to go through processing. However, the issue is that even through the mineral has gone through processing, there are still "residual" byproducts (junk) from the ground that remains.

This is a similar situation with "natural" ingredients. A natural ingredient is grown with chemical pesticides, chemical herbicides and chemical fertilizers. However, trace amount of all these chemicals can be found in the end product after its been processed. That's the main difference between organic and natural. The base component is the same, but the natural one will contain trace chemicals which may cause long term harm.

There's no way to avoid this as all makeups will contain it one way or another, but I personally feel that it cannot hurt to live healthier if the cosmetics we use perform as well as the big brands and is affordable.

The two key selling points I like about this brand is that its "pure", it "performs well" and its "very reasonible". Plus the management team appears to really put care into what they produce and they offer a lot of good information on their website, so that's a plus for me as it shows a different side of corporations which I don't see often. Most just care about selling without caring about the people buying.

I mean the price difference between this brand and Jurlique or Dr Hauschka is about 1/2 AND IT WORKS AS WELL AND ITS PURE! So why not?
Jackie Chan
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Thaaaaaaaaaank you very much TINKERBELL!!!

The 20% DISCOUNT CODE from your Aussie friend (I guess its "mate") for The Organic Makeup Company website Very Happy Very Happy really WORKS Very Happy Very Happy !!!

You just saved me a small fortune!

Ta!
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear that these products apply nicely and feel good on the skin. So often I have been disappointed by the performance of so-called "natural" products.

I'm very impressed by their ingredient listings and reasonable prices. I definitely plan to check their stuff out the next time I do an on-line shopping "spree"

If this company is as good as everyone is saying, I bet word will spread quickly. Surprised

Yay Canada!

5% products discount

Sun May 01, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I much appreicate the posting of the contact for the discount code. I just received the email from her.

Living in Tokyo, Japan, I have not seen The Organic Make-up Company here yet, but cosmetic products from Canada sell very well here.

My friend in London, England informed me of this new productline as she was very happy with it.

I have read a few forums about the line and this one seems most informative.

I do like what I see in their website and with the good feedback I have seen here and from what my friend says, it is very good value and performs very well.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Emiko,

What colors are suitable for your skin tone? I find the colors on the slightly warmer side.

What types of products from The Organic Makeup Company would go well with you in Japan?

I have been to Tokyo once and they seem to have everything under the sun!
EMIKO
5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
My friend in London has a similar skin tone as I and as an Asian, she says some of the colors work well for her.

For example, she likes the light foundation as it is not too dark and if she uses the face powder it works well as she can get it as dark or light as she wants and it provides even coverage.

I am used to the color palatte of MAC, so this line works okay.

The old trend in Asia was ultra-white, but that seems to be slowly dying away. I have never been a fan of this, but the tones work well for me.

I like the new eveshadows and based on what some of the people have said here, I understand there will be more shades available in the coming months, so I look forward to that too.

Personally speaking, I am quite interested in the skin care line because as a Japanese woman, our skin ages quicker than most other Asians and am interested in the cleaners and moisturisers like the face oil which helps reduce wrinkles.
Des
5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Please pardon my ignorance but how does one decide on the color/shade when shopping cosmetics on-line? Just by trial and error? It's just that the colors on the computer screen may not be very reliable. Thanks for your help.
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
The colors on your computer screen are quite accurate, so no need to worry unless you plan to print them out on your printer.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
StyleGuru wrote:
The colors on your computer screen are quite accurate, so no need to worry unless you plan to print them out on your printer.

Doesn't the accuracy of the colour depend on your screen?

5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I asked this question awhile ago with one of the online retailers.

The colors you usually see on the screen are accurate if you keep your color adjustment neutral of at factory settings as the color on the screen is actually coded according to the original product color.

Also, usually the color shade difference between one makeup color to another is fairly significant enough to know which color will basically work for you.

I haven't experienced any of these problems yet, but if you have problems, I recommend you contact the company.
tinkerbell
5% products discount

Wed May 11, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I talked to an IT person and they said that the colors from LCD computer screens are very accurate. Only those with old fashioned boxy tv type monitors need to worry.

Also I have good news f Laughing or the gals in the US as I found out The Organic Makeup line is FINALLY available here at,
www.faunafree.com

Looks like they have a few introductory special offers Very Happy . Too bad cause I already placed my order for almost everything a few days ago in Canada.

Well atleast now I can save on duties and customs charges! Very Happy Laughing
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
oooo, thanks tinkerbell! I am waiting for the new eyeshadow shades to come out before I place an order - I am very excited about those!!!
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Sun May 22, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I saw some of the new colors they are planning to launch soon and they are beautiful.

Make sure you also try the wet / dry eyeshadow as it also works great as an eyeliner -> an old makeup artist trick!

I heard the rest of the colors will be coming soon and it was nice to hear they were taking requests for colors.

By the way, in addition forwww.faunafree.com, I also saw the eyeshadows at I have also seen the eyeshadows atwww.thegreenloop.com.

One of my clients told me they'll be available somewhere in the midwest soon as well.

I'm glad I can get my products in the US now!
MetroVegan
5% products discount

Tue May 31, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

Just got some great news from one of my clients and they informed me that The Organic Makeup Company's products are also available in the US atwww.bewellstaywell.com.

I took a quick peek and the only thing that's missing is the skin care line, but I do see that the whole makeup and skin care line is atwww.faunafree.com.

Well, now I can atleast order products here to save on the duty and other customs charges!

My only wish now is to see if I can find this line in New York City.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Metro Vegan I'm curious. Why do you want to use an organic skin care line versus a skin care line with up to the minute ingreds that make a difference to the skin? Excuse me for being presumptious, but this question has been on my mind for a while and you seem to be the best person to answer this question.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |