Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
What Body Lotion Do You Use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys-

I'm in the final haul for my graduate thesis---no sleep for the whole next week I tell you---and I was thinking, well, about Body Lotion.
Laughing

I use just regular ol' Aveeno. I find that it is just a good old fashion moisturizer that seeps right in. I don't like smell either so that's another plus. I've used Toleraine, by La Roche Posay, but I find sometimes that it just leaves my body fealing oily (shiney!).

What body lotions do you all use? Do you have a favorite? I like buying the fancy stuff for my face, but I think my body can handle the cheap stuff!

Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Cheap: Jergen's Firming lotion with AHA. Works nicely.

The good stuff: Amlactin 12% for super smooth, hydrated skin.

The natural stuff: Straight shea butter.

The expensive stuff: L'Occitane
ammwv402
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
For unscented, I like Clinique's body creams and lotions.

Overall I'm a big fan of Bath & Body Works body products. Currently I use Sweet Pea and Warm Vanilla Sugar.

For high end I like Clarins body product and oils.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I know the feeling of insomnia; in a similar situation; 4 months left of my Ph.D, and I'm working like a pig.

As for body lotions, I really like the lotions from L'Oreal. My favourite is the one called Nutrilift.

More upscale, the anti-drying bodymilk from Biotherm is simply divine Very Happy
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Nature's Gate Papaya Moisturizing lotion. very nice smell..

Kiss my face. 5% AHA .. can't even feel that u have anything on.

Alba SPF16 body lotion with AHA is very nice as well for the day time to protect from the sun. very light.
furry fish
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
HI misskoslow,

I understand how you feel...I just been through it last year, took four months' unpaid leave just to complete my thesis, was really dreadful....only have 3 to 4 hours' sleep per day. Misskoslow, I am sure you can get through this thesis writing period. For body lotion, I find Ego's QV cream or lotion absorbs easily into my eczema skin on my back and also other parts of my body which are also dry. Been using it for more than four years.....am really a loyal user! Very Happy

furry fish.
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations with your PHD!! I can only imagine the intensity of writing a dissertation.

Oooo about Biotherm's bodymilk! "bodymilk" always sounds so appetizing. Hopefully I can sample that somewhere!

Nemi wrote:
I know the feeling of insomnia; in a similar situation; 4 months left of my Ph.D, and I'm working like a pig.

As for body lotions, I really like the lotions from L'Oreal. My favourite is the one called Nutrilift.

More upscale, the anti-drying bodymilk from Biotherm is simply divine Very Happy
furry fish
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
No no....I was doing a Master with full research...not a PhD yet!! Embarassed
Mabsy

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I tend to hop and skip between different body lotions but I like to use Dermalogica Stress Relief Oil underneath the moisturiser though or any other type of aromatherapy body oil. Very relaxing and also better at moisturising that way - apply the oil to damp skin and then apply moisturiser over the top. Lovely!
jemstar
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
nivea - renewal night cream (?) - awesome stuff- my skin became super soft (only while using it though), i went through this stuff in a month during the winter....

bodyshop body butters

l'occitane- shea butter
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I am also a big fan of Bath & Body Works.
I currently use BBW's:
Cucumber Melon body lotion
White Tea and Ginger body lotion

Katie
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa line. My favorite is LAY IT ON THICK Shea Butter Body Cream. It smells heavenly and leaves my skin oh-so-soft!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Shiseido's Relaxant is my ultimate favorite, the smell is truly relaxing. I use the Relaxant frangrance too. My another two favorites are Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea with honey drops and Laura Mercier's Lavander and grape seed oil butter. The smell is really sensational. Especially EA's Green Tea and Shiseido's Relaxant are great for summer, people keep asking what I wear because it's really soothing and alluring at the same time.

K.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Love Palmer's Cocoa Butter range
Also body shop butters
Vaseline Intensive Care skin firming lotion
Ralph Lauren Romance lotion (it was a gift, but is lovely)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |