Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DHC Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi All

Has anyone tried this range? I tried a sample of their nightcream and I thought it was fab!

It was quite a thick cream, but is soon 'sunk' in and left my skin feeling like velvet.

I have normal to dry skin and I have a small patch of excema on the bridge of my nose and when I woke in the morning my skin felt really hydrated and the excema was much better!

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has used any of the range and what your results have been?

T x
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi there~

I have only used a few of their products, but so far, I love them.

Right now I am using their Seaweed Concentrate. Very silky and light and easily absorbed. Leaves my skin feeling so soft.

I have tried samples of their Ceramide cream, which may be my next purchase, and their Kelp mask, which I also like.

The great thing about them is that if you sign up for their ctatlog, you get one each month with two free samples.

If you try them, let me know what you think!( and what you decide to try...they are having a sale until the end of April, by the way)

Lisa
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the olive oil range (deep cleansing oil, mild soap, toning lotion, and virgin olive oil). I love the cleansing oil, but I found that if I followed with the soap and toner that my face was too dry, and I normally have normal-oily skin. The virgin olive oil sunk right into my skin. I have considered ordering the deep cleansing oil to use as a makeup remover and then follow with one of my own gentle cleansers, but I haven't gotten around to it yet; probably will as summer approaches.

Tina
Mabsy

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the eye cream and the cleansing oil from Carrie (thank you!!! Very Happy ). I've tried the cleansing oil and while it's good, I still prefer the Babor one. The eye cream seems pretty good so far particularly if you had a long day. I only used it a few times so far but the time when I was really tired it gave me a nice "fresh" sensation around the eye area. I'll have to use it for a bit longer to see how it is though...
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I must also thank Carrie as this is where my sample came from too!!

T x
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I got a catalog in the mail with the deep cleansing oil, virgin olive oil,mild lotion and the mild soap. Haven't used them yet.

I have oily skin--what do you think of using the olive oil? Smile I'm new to all this Embarassed
jwong95
5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I received samples from them, which include the Deep Cleansing Oil, Mild Soap, and a moisturiser (forgot about the name of the moisturiser). Both the Deep Cleansing Oil and Mild Soap are very nice.

I have oily T-zone and normal-to-dry skin on the rest of my face. My face felt very clean after using these but not dry out at all, very comfortable.

It's a new brand in Hong Kong here, probably a year; and gets quite good comments from the users. I will get the Deep Cleansing Oil when my existing stuff runs out or if I can't hold on any longer.

Basically we can purchase by mail but here in Hong Kong we can go to their shops directly as they are 4 or 5 shops now. In fact, it's still not very common for Hong Kong people to order skin care products or cosmetics by mail, and I guess that's the reason why DHC has more and more of their shops opening.

For those from the USA and UK, I wonder if you order directly on their Japanese web site, or they have sites specially serves the people in these two territories?
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there~
I've ordered directly from their website and I live in the USA. There is only a $5 shipping fee, which I think is pretty good compared to some others I have encountered.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have always been tempted to try this range. I use their silky cotton pads, which are awesome!! I order a couple boxes several times a year.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
I have always been tempted to try this range. I use their silky cotton pads, which are awesome!! I order a couple boxes several times a year.

I have heard nothing but raves for these. I will probably try some when I break down and order the cleansing oil. I think that it would be nice to have the cleansing oil since I will be wearing heavier sunscreens now that summer (and outdoor time) is almost here, and I will need to make sure that all of the sunscreen is removed in the evening.

Tina
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the silky cotton pads are wonderful. I never thought there could be such a difference between cotton pads. I buy 5 or 6 boxes at a time.
jwong95
5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
This site is so informative. Whenever I visit the site, I get more information.

I have never used DHC's cotton pads and didn't think different brands could make big difference. My cotton pads are running out soon. Due to the waves about DHC's cotton pads, I have no excuse not to get a box for myself this afternoon. Drool
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Just had a look on the website and it appears as though they don't ship to the UK Sad I have emailed them to enquire just incase....

I will be gutted if they don't as I really wanted to try a couple of things...

T x
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I never would have believed it either, but the DHC cotton pads really *are* the cat’s meow!! Fortunately for me, I can find an almost identical brand at my local Walmart for $1.99, called Swissper’s Supreme Make Off pads. If you can’t get DHC products where you live, and don’t have a Walmart handy (is there a place on the planet left that Wally-world hasn’t conquered??), another great cotton pad are the ones from Shisedo, called Facial Cotton.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
P.S. A couple months ago, I was scrounging around in my mom’s bathroom the other day trying to find an eyeshadow she’d borrowed ages ago but hadn’t returned and I found she had a stockpile of these DHC cleansing oil sample packets that were liberally coated with a layer of body and/or makeup powder. Where she got them, I have no idea as Mummy isn’t exactly a beauty or skincare devotee, but I helped myself to a couple of packets.

I tried it out that very first night and I have to say that I fell completely in love. As you all know (because I haraunge on it at every opportunity!!), I have the oiliest skin you can possibly imagine so I was completely skeptical when I read somewhere that you can actually use oil to cleanse your face. I thought, "why would I want to introduce MORE oil on my face?!!" But I tried it and I loved it. It removed all of my (BE and JI mineral) makeup and eye makeup completely and my face rinsed clean without any nasty residue and I didn't feel the need to followup with another cleanser afterward. I just applied a tiny bit of the cleansing oil to my dry face and massaged it in a bit, then rinsed with lukewarm water and patted dry, then followed up with my Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion (toner) and my face felt great: squeaky clean, but not tight and dry as can be the case with many facial cleansers that are supposedly formulated for oily skin (note, this was before I discovered Decleor and Yonka products, as well as started making my own ACV toner). I didn't use a separate cleanser after I rinsed off the cleansing oil, I didn't know you were supposed to! And apparently I didn't need it because my face felt perfectly clean and perfectly soft.

Would I buy the DHC Cleansing Oil again? Let me put it this way: until I was able to purchase a full-size bottle, I liberated the remaining sample packets from my mom's bathroom when she wasn't looking. Afterall, it's not like she's ever going to use them!!
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Gutted, gutted, gutted, pants, pants, pants Mad Mad Mad

They don't ship to the UK Sad

Will have to try another range....

T x
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love DHC deep cleansing oil--I have oily acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out at all and removes all my makeup. It completely dissolves everything including waterproof makeup! I still follow it up with a cleanser, though. The other DHC product that I like is the Silky Cottons---they are soo soft against my skin. I hate to go back to regular cotton balls after using those beauties! :P The Velvet Skin Coat is supposed to be a good primer, but I haven't tried it myself(I'm afraid it would clog my pores and make me breakout, but others like it a lot.) I do like the Pure Soap. It cleanses nicely, but it can sting a bit if you get it in your eyes.
dholland

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using DHC products for a couple of years. I love the olive oil cleansing oil; works better than any other make-up remover. My absolute favorite product is the Velvet Skin Coat make-up primer. I have never used their cotton pads (I am Swisspers fan) but will definitely try them the next time I order. Thanks for the recommendation. Orders are received really quick and you get to pick 4 samples of their products everytime you order!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I had a sample of the velvet skin coat and I liked the "smooth" way my skin felt but I wonder how good the silicones are for my skin?
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I just received a sample and catalog yesterday in the mail.....of course first thing I did was search EDS to see what you all thought about it! Oh, I love this forum.

Very excited about all the raves...I have been looking for products for my mom and sisters that is really good but not over priced! And for myself, of course!! Laughing

Carrie - is Walmart the only place I can buy those cotton pads?

Sharky - just wondering, what makes you think silicones are bad for your skin? Sorry for asking but I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you so just looking to find more information on what is bad for my skin. Smile

Thanks for the posts!
Shelley

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Another great product from DHC is the Extra Nighttime Moisturizer which is on sale right now 2 for $44. In the past I never used a moisturizer at any time of the day, but since I'm now in my mid 40's I find the colder months do require me to use some kind of moisturizer most nights. For daytime my sunscreen provides ample hydration. Initially I had purchased Creme De La Mer for nighttime use, but it ended up giving me many blackheads that seemed to take forever to get rid of.

The name of the DHC product scared me at first when I tried the sample (since I have combo skin) even though it states for all skin types. I was pleasantly surprised when it completely moisturized my winter parched face without clogging any pores or leaving any blackheads. My face felt super soft, really smooth and was plumped as ever immediately after I applied it. What really sold me was how radiant and nourished my skin looked the next morning. I have continued to use this product over and over every other night during the colder months. During the summer months it would be too heavy for me.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Shelley01 wrote:
Carrie - is Walmart the only place I can buy those cotton pads?
Probably not, but I haven't seen the Swisspers cotton pads anywhere other than Walmart -- but this could simply be because I haven't been looking because I know I can get them at Walmart...sort of a Catch-22!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
am just looking at their website. pretty interesting. Anybody ever try their brightening line?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Shelley: I do not know anything specifically bad about silicones. They're used as injectables and for scar treatment. I just do not know whether everyday use would block the pores. Someone on another site was suggesting these were not good to use continuously but I haven't found anything real about it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Shelley: I do not know anything specifically bad about silicones. They're used as injectables and for scar treatment. I just do not know whether everyday use would block the pores. Someone on another site was suggesting these were not good to use continuously but I haven't found anything real about it.
I might be taking this out of context b/c I'm too lazy to go search out Shelley's original post, but most of those makeup primers (i.e.: "Smashbox Photo Finish primer" and Jane Iredale's "Absence") contain silicones. I've tried both of those products, and while I much prefer my "down-home" makeup primer from Milk of Magnesia Shock , the silicones never broke me out or anything....

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |