Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mabsy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I'm new here and love this site Very Happy

I love the home recipes I have found here and have ordered supplies to start making lotions and such.

The thing is... these recipes are all over the place in different posts.

Is it possible to make a thread just for home grown recipes by members?

This will make it so much easier to access .

Thanks for your time Very Happy

Blue
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
You know, I'm NOT a diy'er but I think that's a GREAT idea Bluerain!!!

It shouldn't be all that difficult to just set up an index or directory of diy recipes that have been posted!!!

Brava Bluerain...
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi katee

Why thank you!!

wave

Blue
Mabsy

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I can't bring the old posts into the new thread but I will make a DIY thread and see how popular it is. If it does become very popular and people look for it all the time then we might consider making it a sticky. Thing is, there will still be people that will post recipies in other places.

katee - yeah, sounds easy enough initially but then that index needs to be constantly updated Speak to the hand
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy

If I go searching for the DIY recipes
can I copy and paste them in the DIY Thread?

Also, The thread will most likely
end up on the bottom because it won't be as busy . Therefore people won't see it and won't post their DIY recipes if it's not a sticky.

I think we have a better chance if you start it off as a sticky.

Just my thoughts..Thanks!

Blue
Mabsy

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
What I'll do is start a new thread and ask those who have already posted their recipies to also post a copy there. That sounds better than copying them there yourself because you will also see member details and contact details too when you get posts by the actual members.

Re: sticky. I am hesitant to make it a sticky straight away because then we'll end up with a hundred stickys on different topics that may only be used by a few people and every time someone requests one we'll have to put one up. At least if there is one thread, even if it is not sticky, then when people search they find things in one place. After a week or so we'll see what the demand for a sticky is.

ETA: Perhaps you can add links to the thread (rather than copying the content) if the recipes are still missing from there in a few days?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |