Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What you listening to? What brings back memories?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Enjoying myself tonight, I dug out some old dance CDs. I miss going out and running on the spot for 4/5 hours solid Laughing ....then getting home at 6am with my eyes pinned - mum and dad having a conference that I must be on drugs!!!!
Oh happy days - I had the white furry bra and flourescent leggings Very Happy Shock
Anyone remember when "Es are good" went to no 1 in the music charts on drugs awareness week? Very Happy
Moby's early stuff still sends shivers down my spine...every time you touch me sped up to sound like chipmonks Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! What a hoot of a post, Rosebud!!! Remember "Sex-o-matic" and "White Lines"?! And I used to just *love* the SOS Band and Nina Hagen's version of New York, New York....(sigh...) oh yes - and Grace Jones!!! I still listen to all the old school stuff -- it's just a riot! Pudoodles
Mabsy

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing The Ebeneezer Goode song? I remember that!

I do pull out my old dance CDs sometimes (still have most of my Gatecrasher and Tidy Trax collection somewhere Laughing ) and how I miss those days! I'm tempted to re-live them too but the only thing that stops me is the thought of bumping into one of my students on the night Confused

I have a few songs that always bring very strong memories of those days and are actually associated with specific nights out. The one song that is permanently embedded in my brain is Ghosts by Tenth Planet (off one of the Cream or Gatecrasher CDs, or probably both actually).
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:20 am      Reply with quote
an Erasure cd! Great pop.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares to you, also 'Dub be good to me' and 'Ride on Time' by whoever did those - Allr emind me of my first crush - Laughing Embarassed (I thought he was the best thing since - well anything!!! He wasn't - shame. Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
We got Sirius Satellite Radio recently and my husband keeps it tuned in to Classic Vinyl/Early Classic Rock.

Lately if I put in a cd it's Holly McNarland, sometimes I play her live concert dvd and listen to that.

My life definately has a soundtrack. So many songs, so many memories. If I hear Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" I'm transported back to a night club in Tokyo when I was 15. I was talking to a young hooker and her pimp who were trying to recruit me. I was also taking full advantage of the fact that the drinks were included in the cover charge, and dancing like a fool. When we left the club our car had been towed and we got back to the hotel really late. The rest of our group had gone to Tokyo Disneyland and like good children were tucked into bed already. I was drunk and noisy and nearly put on a plane back to Canada the next morning. I was a naughty exchange student. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I listen to all of the old school stuff still. Depeche mode and new order..erasure, pet shop boys..even peter gabriel, david bowie..ect ect. good stuff Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sunday night has now become old school night - I sit here on the laptop with my headphones on and the volume on full started to listen to Judge Jules on radio one and you can download his mix sesions off the internet. So am sat here bopping around.
I don't know if anyone has ever seen this guy play (the boyf was good friends with him in his early days) he is an obsessive counter, counting all the beats Very Happy
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Purpleturtle, I love New Order, Depeche Mode, and Pet Shop Boys too!! and who sings "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden..." the techno version - love that too.

My all time favorite is ABBA - too many songs of theirs to name.

Can't leave out Elton John, Billy Joel and Rod Stewart too. "Will I see u tonite on a downtown train?"

all these just pick me up and lift my spirits.

I miss FREE and LEGAL Napster!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Good ol' Napster!!! I miss it too!!
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was blown away last summer to take my son to the local pool and find a whole staff of lifeguards jamming out to Billy Joel, Elton John, Duran Duran, bands that were at their prime in my high school days.....

Is this happening anywhere else, or was this a unique group of kids? The last time I went to a public pool was in High School, so finally giving in to my 6 year old and letting him join with his buddies, I felt like I walked into 1982 when I emerged from the Locker Room to "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me." Same hang out, too. Is this a public pool thing.....

hee hee.

Nowadays it is the college tunes that catch me off guard and get me dancing around the kitchen if they come on the radio. "Welcome To The Jungle", "You Shook Me All Night Long" "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" to name a few.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
my daughter has 'discovered' the clash, the buzzcocks the pogues, the pixies and the velvet underground. She swears blind it has absolutely nothing to do with our influence.

I'm into jolie hollander, ray lamontaigne, johnny cash and the immortal Hank Williams at the mo. clearly having a country moment Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |