Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Fur Kids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
As some of you know I have four pets. Two Persians Max and Penny and two Scottish Terriers Winnie and Maggie. There is always something going on in my house. Laughing Maggie is now my 4th Scottie. My husband and I have had a Scottie steal our hearts since we were in our early twenties.

Here is a recent photo of Winnie and Maggie. I just love the look of Scotties from behind. Laughing http://hometown.aol.com/dotmacd/myhomepage/index.html

We found all the cat lovers on the forum. Now, dog lovers stand up.

Winnie
Mabsy

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
They're cute! I'll post a pic of my dog at some stage but I'll have to find/take one first....
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I do have a dog:Bailey.I don't have kids, so he is my child.I love him so much.Few years ago, I came from Germany, and after such a long flight, I wanted to relax and enjoy the evenning with my bf.We were in the basement and the dog didn't leave my side. Shock I went upstairs for a glass of water and I felt that all the blood from my brain went into my legs, and almost I fented.I could go to sit on the couch and I was callong my bf who was watching tv downstairs.He didn't hear me.The dog started barking so loud that he had to come upstairs to see what hapenned.Everything was OK, I don't know why I had that episod(tired Question )but for sure the dog saved me.I didn't like dogs before, actually I didn't like dogs in the house(hair everywhere Exclamation )but from that moment I fall in love with my dog.
He is 6 years old, a black lab/bortocolly(spelling Question ), very handsome and very smart.He sleeps in another bedroom on the bed, with his head on the pillow, I kiss him goodnight every night.I do have more stories about Bailey, maybe I will tell you some day.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
We have an Alaskan Malamute, Dawson, who behaves just like a goofy, naughty kid. He keeps us in stiches with his funny antics. Our other dog, Lacey, recently passed away from old age. We all miss her presence in the house but especially Dawson who was beside himself looking for her for weeks. Even now when we mention her name, he starts searching the house for her. So sad - I think he lost his best friend.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
We have an Alaskan Malamute, Dawson, who behaves just like a goofy, naughty kid. He keeps us in stiches with his funny antics. Our other dog, Lacey, recently passed away from old age. We all miss her presence in the house but especially Dawson who was beside himself looking for her for weeks. Even now when we mention her name, he starts searching the house for her. So sad - I think he lost his best friend.

I am so sorry about Lacey. It must be so hard for Dawson Crying or Very sad I have not had Maggie too long but it didn't take long before Winnie became her big brother. Do you think you will get another pup for Dawson?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:03 am      Reply with quote
My story is similar to penelopes'. Up until last September we had two yorkies. Kenji who was 18 and Kassie who is 6. We had to put Kenji down and Kassie was lost for weeks without him.
My dogs are my kids and losing Kenji was like losing my best friend. In many ways I had grown up with him. My husband and I have been together for 20 years and he was with us for 18 of them.

Thank god we still had Kassie to help us get through the first few weeks without him. She is spoiled rotten and a real handfull so keeps us on our toes.

Sherri
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Winnie - I am actually looking into buying a chihuahua. A nice lapdog that won't bring the bed down when he/she jumps up on it, unlike the Malamute who thinks he's a lapdog. He'll put his butt on my lap and his front end on the floor because he just doesn't fit (80 lbs) but I don't have the heart to tell him.

Does anyone own a Chihuahua? Or a minature dachsund? And if so, do you recommend the breed?

Sherri - I am so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is especially after 18 years with him. Once you have owned two dogs at the same time, it's difficult to just have one. They play with each other like little kids, don't they.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks penelope , sorry for your loss as well. It is strange having just one dog but we plan to keep it this way for a while. Kassie doesn't get along well with other dogs she is too alpha so we are nervous to bring in a new pup.

Sherri
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy to see this thread, I thought I would not be able to put up any longer and post a thread to share our joy in this forum...but someone beat me. We have just got our 9-week old Pinot (miniature Schnauzer) 3 days ago. He is a handful already, what a personality! But we enjoy having him and melt when we look at him...we promise to be very strict since mini Schnauzers tend to be head-strong. Everyone stops to say hi to him when we walk him. I think he knows he's adorable and knows how to use his puppy face already. I wish I could post pictures here without creating a link, we would love him!

KK
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Winnie - I am actually looking into buying a chihuahua. A nice lapdog that won't bring the bed down when he/she jumps up on it, unlike the Malamute who thinks he's a lapdog.

That would make an interesting sight together. A tiny Chihuahua with a Malamute. Shock
I'm fascinated by Malamutes, Siberian Huskies etc. Beautiful, beautiful animals. What's it like to own a Malamute? I've considered it in the past but read on the internet that they don't get on well with cats.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Toe - Malamutes are extremely kind, lovable, and friendly dogs but are not loyal, unlike German Shepherds or Goldens, etc. In other words, even though he seems to really enjoys us, if you offered him dinner he wouldn't even look back. This is our second Malamute. And the SHEDDING - he is a house dog so he sheds all year long. We vacuum every day or at least should. Laughing
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my fur baby:

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/pics.asp?id=44597&picture=81118

(you may have to scroll down to the picture titled my baby!)

She is the queen of the house. I adopted her from the pound when she was about 6 years old, weighing in at 8 pounds. Now she is 12 years old and 12 pounds Bad Grin The vet had put her on diet food.

I tried to bring in more cats but she would have nothing to do with other cats. Well, except stealing their non-diet cruchies.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |