Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Bad bad breakout! Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Hey!
my skin has gotten very bad recently, red bumps on cheeks and forehead!

it was quite fine before, very managable, but now its getting worse.

i'm not sure what caused it but i've been using

*jane iredal pressed powder base
*skinceuticals ultimate uv defense 30
*skin ceuticals serum 20
*skin ceuticals gentle foaming cleanser
daily microfoliant
ultra calming cleanser (when i don't have anything to remove)
gentle soothing booster
barrier repair

* indicates new prodicts i just started using about a week or two ago

I don't use all these products todether though, according to how my skin feels.
it was fine before, with occasional but not so bad breakouts. now i'm in distress! =p
could it be the make up that clogs my pores when i sweat? or is it the serum? I've stopped using the sunscreen and serum since two days ago as well as the barrier repair. trying to cut down to see if skin improves. also, i'm using the topical application "dylacin" that the doctor gave last year, hoping it will work.

besides that, im trying to eat more veggies and fruits, cut down on sugar etc. but still no results!

please i need some good advice! =p
also, should i continue with the sunscreen? i know its v impt but im wondering if its the one causing the pimples snce it feels so oily.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Try taking the suncreen out and see what happens. The SC 20 and the JI powder will both give you some UV protection.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree with faith, I would stop using the sunscreen. Although it is not supposed to cause breakouts, I have found it to be very occlusive and slick, not a good combo if you tend to breakout. Perhaps it is using too many products at once? Hope it clears up soon, joani
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
could be a reaction to the bismuth oxychloride in the Jane pressed base. That's exactly what happened to me with her loose powder.

Reactions to bismuth could include red bumps and breakouts!!!

I would take a break from the pressed and see if that helps too!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
If you have never used a C product before, to start with the 20 is risky. L-ascorbic acid can be irritating to your skin. Should start low like 5-10% then work your way up. I agree that the sunscreen can be occlusive and greasy. Mineral makeups have never agreed with my skin either. All that said...better to take all away then add back in one product at a time once your skin clears up. Just so you can identify the culprit. Good luck!
Mabsy

Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree with betterat40. I'm not sure if you've used vit C serums before but 20% is strong to start with. You've started too many new products to be able to tell which one is the culprit. I would suggest you go back to your usual routine and wait until your skin clears up. Then introduce the products one by one and see how you go.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I too agree that starting out on 20% is not advisable. Also, an allergic reaction is very probable (take it from someone that seems to react to 90% of what's out there).

hmm Could your skin be purging as a result of the added SC serum? Or does skin purge as a result of starting on a vit C product (you know how skin can with sal acid products...)? (I'll feel stupid if vit C doesn't make you purge Embarassed ... At least I will learn, right?). Could be my brain has had it with thinking (too much reading & too many reports and exams!)

I hope it let's up for ya tynkerbell. It should if you take away products (and then add each one until you react again so you can rule out what's doing it... hey, here's a thought, you should also try patch tests if you really want to avoid breaking out).

-amnis

p.s. if I have repeated anyone's ideas/comments, I apologize. I'm out of it and I need sleep! good nite! (where's the 'sleepy' emoticon? he he he.)
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I'd perhaps think that the mineral base could be a culprit, but that'd be a shame cause I just spend quite a sum on it! if only i'd read about these side effects earlier. hmm, i'd love to try easing up on the base, (i've already stopped the rest), but with my skin condition like this now, i don't think i can leave home wo it! argh, any suggestions?
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell wrote:
I'd perhaps think that the mineral base could be a culprit, but that'd be a shame cause I just spend quite a sum on it! if only i'd read about these side effects earlier. hmm, i'd love to try easing up on the base, (i've already stopped the rest), but with my skin condition like this now, i don't think i can leave home wo it! argh, any suggestions?

Is there a makeup/coverup that you have used before that you know doesn't cause breakouts for you? If so, maybe try returning to that, and once your breakouts are under control, try gradually adding one product back at a time until you find the ones that are causing problems. I am prone to reactions and breakouts, and whenever my skin acts up, I get rid of everything but the essentials until everything is under control.

Tina
ai
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to echo everyone's opinions and also state that I have used most of what is on your list and think any one of the newly introduced products could have given you breakouts (perhaps not the Foaming Cleanser).

I have the JI Pressed Powder and use it occassionally, but when I use it a few days in a row I find I get small red bumps with a whitehead.

The Skinceuticals Vit C (15%) made me breakout big time and I never got over the "purging" period. Just didn't agree with my skin.

I haven't used the sunblock you listed, but most sunscreens/sunblocks breaks me out. Sad
Hence I don't use sunblock everyday - I'm choosing clear skin over wrinkles!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Your skin seems extremely sensitive, try the Dr Hauschka range, this is suited to all skin types, a lot who have used this have had very good results, myself included. There are tester packs one for dry skin and one for oily, the cleansing cream is to die for not at all harsh. Very Happy

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |