Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Scabies and carpet whats the real scoop?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mahieblue

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Crying or Very sad To tell you the truth I have scabbie i am 5 moonths pregnant. i know it stinks. well heres my delema the apartment me and my husband are in is the cause and i know its from the carpets but everyone says that theres no way for it to get there is that true if so can you give me some sites to help me find out? thanks
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know. What I'd do is call an exterminator or carpet cleaning company.

Your family doctor or vet should be able to tell you the truth about whether it can live there...I honestly don't know.

Do you have pets or are near any pets you could've picked it up from, that's the most common way I know of.
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow what a fun topic Wink just kidding. Ok well my cat just had lice, so I did my research & know a little bit about this stuff (was worried I would catch it!). From what I know, scabies is a body lice, just like head lice except they live on body hair. Most forms of lice can't live for very long without attaching to a host, so I guess it depends on how long people were moved out of your house before you moved in. I think they can only live 24 hours (?) without feeding off a host, so if the previous tenants moved out a while before hand, it is unlikely you caught it from the carpet. Also, lice is very host specific - you can't catch dog lice or cat lice, and your animals can't catch human lice. So, animals are very unlike suspects. However, I think it would be very hard to pinpoint where you got them from. People come in contact with so many people/things people have recently touched throughout the day, that I think it would be very hard to figure out. But now that you have it, you really need to clean house top to bottom very thoroughly (including the carpets), to make sure you don't reinfect yourself.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Scabbies is actually a type of mite, not lice.

How is scabies spread?

Scabies mites are transferred by direct skin-to-skin contact. Indirect transfer from undergarments or bedclothes can occur only if these have been contaminated by infected people immediately beforehand. Scabies can also be transmitted during sexual contact.
http://www.bug-guy.com/scabies.htm
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
here's a really good site.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/scabies/factsht_scabies.htm

It says you can get the symptoms from your pet but that they will die after a couple days because they can't reproduce on humans...so you can in a way get it from your pet, but not really.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:17 am      Reply with quote
My best friend got a bad cases of Scabies when we were in the 10th grade – it was so bad on her scalp that her hair actually started falling out! Shock About the only thing I can recall from Lorretta’s ordeal was that you have to wash your clothing and bedlinen OFTEN, using scalding hot water and a ton of bleach to kill the little bastards. And never, ever put on clothing from the dirty clothes pile, because you’ll just keep reinfecting/infesting yourself. Since you’re pregnant, I trust you are seeing a physician for treatment? If I remember correctly from Lorretta, the doctor/s should prescribe some kind of ointment or salve to fight the direct outbreaks on your skin. Also, you should bathe/shower frequently using as water as hot as you can stand it (or as hot as your OB/GYN says is okay for you and baby) and an antibacterial soap like Dial.

Best of luck to you – I remember when way back when I was pregnant, how itchy and uncomfortable my skin was just as a normal course of pregnancy, so I can’t even begin to imagine how miserable you must be feeling. Crying or Very sad

Take care,
Carrie
micha_852
5% products discount

Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
i don't know how old this topic is but thought i'd throw in my two cents worth

Scabies..shudder..is a mite that burrows beneath your skin and lays eggs..the eggs hatch after a few weeks however u will get a rash before this from an allergic reaction to the bug.

go see the doctor they will give you a treatment to put all over your body..put it on over night and then change your sheets the next day and have a shower..you should repeat this one week later to make sure they're all gone.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |