Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin turnover every 28 days and period every 28 days?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if we get our period at the same time as when our skin turns over.

The reason I ask is because my skin (Face) looks like crap the week before my period and starts to improve as my period passes.

When my period is over my skin looks it's best and the cycle starts over every month where the skin looks like crap again the week before period.

It has been like this my entire life.

My skin get very pale and dead looking.

Anyone else get this?

Blue
marissao

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
This is true for me! It's really weird but I had noticed that my skin looks pale and nasty (like it's dehydrated but I know that it's not)right before my period and then clears up towards the end of it. I drown myself in water and gatorade but it's like for 7 days, it doesn't matter.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
marissao

Me too..I drank tons of water(Still do cause it's good for the body and skin ) and it never helped. I tried vitamins of every sort and chnaged eating habits it's always the same pale dead looking skin.

I wonder why some women gets this and some don't.

Blue
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
My skin goes to pot just before and during my period as well...I don't break out in pimples, but my skin feels dehydrated and doesn't wear foundation well...as my period ends, my skin improves dramatically - and it's the same thing every month..no matter what I do, I can't get away from the crappy look!
Pudoodles
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't break out but once in awhile I'll get a pimple.

It just looks terrible like it has no life to it:(

Blue
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my god Shock ME TOO !!!!

I find drinking chamomille tea(caffeine tea) before and during my period helps a little, don't know why ! I guess it helps to balance my hormones ??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:

I find drinking chamomille tea(caffeine tea) before and during my period helps a little, don't know why ! I guess it helps to balance my hormones ??

Yeah, I think it is a hormonal imbalance.

If I do get any spots, I always get them in the same spot, around my chin too Confused I have heard this area is prone to hormonal breakouts, but I really don't know why.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
faith

I rarely break out during my period also , but when I do I get them around my chin also.

Blue
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I and this gal at the gym also get pasty white prior to, isn't that wierd? Hormonal breakouts are the worst aren't they? heck didn't even breakout as a kid or teen but as an adult!) hard to get rid of ...just starting taking a flower remedy by Bush Flowers called Woman Essence. Started it Sunday so can't comment on it until I go thru an entire month. Another gal recommended it! (Australain Bush Flower Essences) I get mine in US but here is the overseas site name.www.ausflowers.com.au

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think evening primrose has helped some women with imbalances as well. I believe it helps both the skin and the mood swings.

maddy
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sassyred

I got your email. I can't wait to get my order.

Thanks!

I will try both the evening primrose and Woman Essence.

Thanks Maddy and Deb Wink

Blue
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bluerain, you've hit on a universal truth. I always hated the week before menstruation because my skin would get crusty. I also found that I'd crave salty foods right before, then I'd guzzle water and get bloated. When I'd finally start, it was like I was molting and the dry skin would shed and my face would glow. My great fear was that when I hit menopause, the crusty skin and bloating I'd experienced would become a permanent situation, without the relief that menstruation provided. MY FEAR HAS BECOME REALITY Shock Shock Shock All I can say is thank God for AHA's. Lower salt intake is also helpful. Don't get me started -- I could b**ch forever!!!
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Bluerain wrote:
I was wondering if we get our period at the same time as when our skin turns over.

The reason I ask is because my skin (Face) looks like crap the week before my period and starts to improve as my period passes.

When my period is over my skin looks it's best and the cycle starts over every month where the skin looks like crap again the week before period.

It has been like this my entire life.

My skin get very pale and dead looking.

Anyone else get this?

Blue

OMG Exclamation Me too, me too Exclamation I was just going to post about this. My skin looks horrible just before my period. I have a washed out, pale, unhealthy appearance. Then I get breakouts, which add a little color to the picture. Not pretty at all Crying or Very sad

Tina
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I find that if I exfoliate MORE OFTEN during that week, that it really helps. You might want to try it.

Lori
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
28 days? Ooh luxury. Lucky if I get more 2 weeks break in between these days!lol.. Rolling Eyes
I just get oilier more often instead too!
princessclyj

Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
mine is different...wen it is near perid tym, my skin will pop out pimples, but after tt, it will start healin n tis cycle goes on...
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I don't get periods. Had a hysterectomy, but I still have one ovary and I know when I ovulate and I know when my period would have come. I still get break outs when it should be my monthly time. Hormones! Yuk! Not to mention menopause. Can't live with them and can't live without them!
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Diderot, thanks for the tea recommendation. I drink green tea on occasion, but have yet to give chamomile a fair shot ...
Rachel06
5% products discount

Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
and this gal at the gym also get pasty white prior to, isn't that wierd? Hormonal breakouts are the worst aren't they? heck didn't even breakout as a kid or teen but as an adult!) hard to get rid of ...just starting taking a flower remedy by Bush Flowers called Woman Essence. Started it Sunday so can't comment on it until I go thru an entire month. Another gal recommended it! (Australain Bush Flower Essences) I get mine in US but here is the overseas site name.www.ausflowers.com
Rachel06
5% products discount

Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, got carried away with the buttons and submitted instead of previewed !

Further to sassyreds' advice as I have copied in my message above !................

If you are interested in the Woman essence (as I am) and live in the uk then there is a great site calledwww.flowersense.co.uk worth a look if you are interested in these products.

Thanks
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
M,APRIL

So what you are saying is when we start menopause we will have this pale dead look for the rest of out lives.

Pleaseeeeeee lord ..this can't be!! I hope this doesn't happen to every woman.

I hate getting old!!!!!! My body is in great shape and I'm 47 but it's been a battle with the face as I ruined it all them years at the beach baking!!! I always lived a couple blocks from the beach and was a beach bum..Oh how I regret it:(

Here are my body pics http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos and just trying to get my face back!!!!

Click on pic to enlarge.

Bluerain

m.april wrote:
Bluerain, you've hit on a universal truth. I always hated the week before menstruation because my skin would get crusty. I also found that I'd crave salty foods right before, then I'd guzzle water and get bloated. When I'd finally start, it was like I was molting and the dry skin would shed and my face would glow. My great fear was that when I hit menopause, the crusty skin and bloating I'd experienced would become a permanent situation, without the relief that menstruation provided. MY FEAR HAS BECOME REALITY Shock Shock Shock All I can say is thank God for AHA's. Lower salt intake is also helpful. Don't get me started -- I could b**ch forever!!!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila wrote:
Diderot, thanks for the tea recommendation. I drink green tea on occasion, but have yet to give chamomile a fair shot ...

Hi SugarFreeSheila,

Give it a try, it reduces my sugar craving too, I used to eat like an ANT before my period Mad

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bluerain - I couldn't get your photos to appear.

I swore off sunbathing at age 30 and haven't gone outside without sunscreen ever since. This saved my skin and it looks very good for my age. My previous post may have sounded too dire -- there are plenty of products that will slough off tired skin, as well as others that can rejuvenate it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Exercise and proper diet really help too. I recommend some kind of AHA or glycolic acid product to clear away the dull skin -- facial scrubs never solved the problem for me, but it may be worth a try. I'm also going to try a Vitamin C serum since so many people on this forum rave about it. Most importantly, use sunscreen faithfully!!!
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:

chamomile tea is caffeine free. its supposed to be a relaxer. in fact, i use it on my skin daily and it moisturizes/soothes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Really ?? you use it on your face ?? maybe I will include that in my toner, especially when pure chamomille essential oil is so expensive, the price of it is up there with Neroli and Jasmine....

D

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |