Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best ORGANIC / NATURAL skin care & makeup lines??? :-)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jackie Chan
5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious... who do you think makes the best makeup and skincare lines that are truly all natural, use ONLY organic and natural ingredients without chemicals, parrafins and petroleum based ingredients?

Based on what I have seen, I know of the following,

Offers "both" MAKEUP & SKINCARE lines
- Miessence fm Australia
- The Organic Make-up Company fm Canada (www.organicmakeup.ca)
- Burt's Bees fm USA (www.burtsbees.com) - but not all their products are 100% natural
- Aubrey Organics fm USA (www.aubreyorganics.com)
- Dr Hauschka fm Germany (www.drhauschka.com) - are they 100% natural?
- Jurlique fm Australia (www.jurlique.com.au) - are they 100% natural?

Offers "only" SKINCARE line
- Lavera fm Germany (www.lavera-usa.com)
- Logona fm Germany (www.logona.de)
- Martina Gebhardt fm Germany (www.martinagebhardt-naturalcosmetics.com)
- Weleda fm Germany (www.weleda.com)
- Primavera (www.primavera.co.uk)

Anyone have anymore to add or have comments on the overall lines?
Emma_Hawk

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I recently found another line of organic body and hair care products:www.druide.ca.

They are certified as being organic by EcoCert, which is a fairly significant certification. Rather annoyingly, they do not list their ingredients on their website. I recently bought a body wash, and from the ingredients I can tell you that it does not contain any SLS, or any parabens.

Another company you might want to check out is the Organic Pharmacy atwww.theorganicpharmacy.com. This is a British company with very stict requirements for its ingredients. Again, they do not have a makeup line.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I love Jurlique, Aubreys, Alba, Millcreek and Kiss My Face,

There are a few natural make up lines I know of:
Ecco Bella
Zuzu Luxe
Gabriel Cosmetics
Hemp Organics

Hope this helps
tinkerbell
5% products discount

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Here'a few other companies to add to your list,

Honeybee
Living Nature

You just need to understand that many of the natural makeups do not keep their colors well, but I know these lines keep their colors,
- Dr Hauschka
- Miessence
- The Organic Make-up Company
- Jurlique

I'm not totally sure if Dr H and Jurlique are 100% natural. I don't have any product to read the ingredients list for their makeups.

For thoese that don't keep their colors, I know some you mentioned don't work too well based on personal and my friends' experiences -unless you want your face to look like the Wicked Witch of the West Crying or Very sad
ammwv402
5% products discount

Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sukis Naturals (skincare only)
Borlind of Germany (skincare and cosmetics)

I'm not sure if Borlind is 100 percent natural or not.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sevi Kay offers both skincare and makeup
http://www.sevikay.com/
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
There's also Glo-Minerals, Bare Escentuals, Pur Minerals and Jane Iredale, but these are all mineral makeups and not the plant extract type you originally referenced.
Des
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Here is my frist post!

John Masters offers organic skincare and haircare products. www.johnmasters.com

I have used the shampoo for normal hair, both the citrus & neroli and the rosemary & peppermint conditioners. Love the rosemary & peppermint conditioner.

For skincare. I have tried the rose foaming cleanser and the rosewater mist. Love them both. The cleanser smells a little bit like honey and it's not drying (I have combination skin) and I don't usually like to use a toner but I love spraying the rosewater mist after cleansing. It just feels so cool and soothing. Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Des wrote:
Here is my frist post!

John Masters offers organic skincare and haircare products. www.johnmasters.com

I have used the shampoo for normal hair, both the citrus & neroli and the rosemary & peppermint conditioners. Love the rosemary & peppermint conditioner.

For skincare. I have tried the rose foaming cleanser and the rosewater mist. Love them both. The cleanser smells a little bit like honey and it's not drying (I have combination skin) and I don't usually like to use a toner but I love spraying the rosewater mist after cleansing. It just feels so cool and soothing. Very Happy

Welcome Des! And thanks for the site Very Happy...the rose foaming cleanser sounds great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
My favorite natural lines:

Dr Hauschka (the makeup and skincare is natural, but you have to read the ingredients for their haircare and bath products because they aren't all completely natural)

Aubrey Organics -- totally natural!!! Their makeup line is sparse but very pure, their hair care is fabulous and their skin care is good.

Gabrielle -- good natural mascara and eyeshadows! Read ingredients to be sure, though.

Ecco Bella -- Love their lipsticks!!! READ INGREDIENTS CAREFULLY though, I have found parabens in a lot of items.

Paul Penders -- have not had a chance to use them yet, but I hear they have nice products.
petitefleur

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm new here.
My favourite all natural organic skincare lines are from
terressentials http://www.terressentials.com/
and rosayfruitawww.rosayfruta.com
Des
5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of/used Naturalis? www.naturalisproducts.com

I googled for information on millia treatment and this site popped up.
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
So which lines are the "PUREST w/ORGANIC INGREDIENTS" & "VEGAN"?

From what I have seen, it looks like the following,
- The Organic Makeup Company
- Aubrey Organics
- Miessence

Looks like all other brands includes talc (which seems to cause some cancers and clog pores) and beeswax which is NOT VEGAN.

Of the three companies, it seems The Organic Makeup Company and Miessence have complete makeup and skincare lines.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with all above, I love Dr. H and Jurlique...but hey, you guys got to check out Shankara (Shankara.com)... I can't rave enough about their microcrystal exfoliation! Plus, their profits go to charity! Very Happy
EMIKO
5% products discount

Sun May 01, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I been using Jurlique, but it is very expensive!!!

My friend in England was a Jurlique user and switched to The Organic Makeup Company lines. She said the price was better and the products' final result Very Happy is the same.

Does anyone know if I can find products from The Organic Makeup Company in Japan? Question

My friends in the main cities in Tokyo and Osaka have been searching, but it does not seem to be here at this time.

If I cannot find a shop in Japan Sad , I will try the discount code Laughing for the Organic Makeup Company and order the products from Canada.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Emiko. I think you should write to Lori Stryker herself for the info you want. I've written twice and both times she has replied back within a day or two. At the moment they are selling to Britain and the U.S. Perhaps she can accomodate you in Japan as well.
MetroVegan
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
It can't hurt to write and ask. A few of the gals said they replied quickly and for some shipment problems, they sent replacement products and trial samples.

I called Paul Penders once about their haircare, they did not even reply to me. I know emails get lost in webspace, but do voice messages?

One of my clients asked me about alternative lines of natural makeup as she was not happy with the mineral makeups she used as she broke out, but she said she was happy with the Organic Makeup and she's had no reactions to it Laughing . They're not here in NYC yet, but like you, I told her to ask the company to get it sold here.
EMIKO
5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you SusieQ.

I heard from a friend that The Organic Make-up Company was featured in a TV show that also featured Whole Foods, which I understand is quite big in the US, so I assume the cosmetics company is a serious brand to consider if they're on national tv as an expert in pure makeups.

I know how you feel about mineral makeups. I do find them quite expensive, but as with all products, some may work for people, but not for others.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I contacted the Organic Makeup Company and they will ship to the UK - you just add an extra foundation to your order then mention which colour the extra one is in the comments - the cost of the foundation covers the extra shipping to the UK. Maybe they'll do something similar for Japan or other countries?

By the way - the lines I like are :
Dr H/Jurlique
Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare (her Body wash is lovely and her skincare has won lots of awards).
I also use Mineral Makeup (Youngblood).
I've just placed my first order for some Rosa Y Fruta so will let you know how I get on - So far though the customer service has been fabulous - Elizabeth is really helpful!

5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello Lucia,

Did you use the 20% discount code Very Happy that tinkerbell offered in the product review forum under the organic makeup company through her friend?

If you did was it easy to use Razz ?

Thank you for the tip Surprised !
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
No I've not ordered just yet - I'm waiting till I've used up some of the mountains of stuff I already have! Laughing

Let me know if you use it though and how it goes!

Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I placed my order a couple days ago with the 20% discount code. You just enter the number in the promotion/discount code box. Easy and I had no problems with it.

I can't wait till my goodies arrive!!! Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
you buggers, I've just placed a small order with Green People, a gift set for my mum as it's birthday soon and a couple of trial things for me. Cool

5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Where do I get the 20% discount code?

I'm interested in the Dead Sea Mud Mask and the facial oils.

I haven't found the line in New York City after calling a number of shops.
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I sent an email to Very Happy kenneth_e_jameson @ yahoo.com.au Very Happy and a lady gave me the code for me to use and to share with others.

I shared the code with all my friends and a few have already used the code without any problems Very Happy .

The lady in Australia seems to have used the whole line and was very helpful.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |