Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hi all! I'm new here & I'm starting the Obagi system ton
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, everyone! Smile I'm new here--a dear friend recommended this site to me. Smile I have very oily acne prone skin and I recently visited a doctor's office(saw a esthetics nurse) to see what can be done to remove/soften my acne scar and pits(ice pick style from past breakouts). She recommended the Obagi System followed by a Blue Peel. She referred me to their Medi Spa location where I met with an esthetician today and she looked at my skin and sold these Obagi products to me:

*Gentle Cleanser
*Toner
*Clear
*Exfoderm Forte
*Blender
*Healthy Skin Protection SPF35
*Tretinon Cream, USP 0.1%

The total came to $431! Yipes!!! This sounded insane to me, but she explained that the price has gone up for Obagi and that the price includes the initial consultation, One week phone call(do they mean a weekly phone call?), a 15 day office visit w/ pictures and adjustments to the program as necessary, and post consultation visit w/ pics, and a $50 off of an Obagi Blue Peel Certificate. I am so desparate to smooth out my face that I gritted my teeth and handed over the old credit card. :P Also, she recommended the Gentle Cleanser for me, but I've read that other oily skinned gals normally go for the Foaming Gel. Is there a big difference? Should I ask her about it in case she accidentally picked up the wrong product?

Thanks so much for reading! Smile
Susie

Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am also using Obagi System this is my 4th week. The first 2 weeks my face was bright red and peeling, really a mess. Things have tapered off and I am starting to see improvement in texture, even tone and smooth. Hang in there and the cost was worth it! Wait and see. Ask lots of questions because your skin will go thru lots of changes and be stressed out. Ever time I looked in the mirror it was a nightmare in progress, but now I love my skin! My co-workers notice a differences and thought I was wearing a different foundation to have that glowing skin. No more makeup because my skin is really peeling. The dry dead skin comes rolling off leaving my skin color a natural pink. Good Luck and the price is worth it....your see
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Susie! Smile
I'm so happy to hear that the system is working so well for you! I hope to have happy results as well! Smile May I ask what type of skin you have and what products you are on? Are you also going to do the Blue Peel? I initially wanted to do the Blue Peel, but I was recommended to use the Obagi Nu Derm System first then do the Blue Peel after 6 weeks.

Did you breakout at first? Some say that the system purges your skin of all the icky stuff and congestion underneath causing everything to surface. I'm most worried about this.

I am glad to hear that the price I paid was normal. I was starting to get a bit worried. Yipes! :P I did find a coupon on the Obagi Website for a free cleanser if you buy the complete starting product line(which I did). I asked them the people at the Medi Spa where I purchased it about it and at first they said it was only for subsequent purchases, but when i pointed out that the coupon said "new patients", they said they would get back to me and if it is ok, they will credit me the price of the cleanser making the system cost $399 which is still a bit high, but better. Smile

Thanks so much for posting and I hope that you will share more of your experiences with us as you progress along the system! Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi kookykitty,

I have never tried this, but I remember other threads on here about this, especially the Blender. You might be interested in doing a search, for past threads. More info the better, I think. From what I remember, it gets worse before it gets better with these products Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Here is one review, but there are more...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5361&highlight=obagi+blender

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kookykitty
I am using the same products you have with retin-A .01% which is high but works for me. My skin is dry,rough and had freckles,large pores around nose, some lines near eyes and forehead. I could not use clear during day then blender at night, it was way to much for my skin. so I use sunscreen during the day & Exfoderm Forte. Since using the products I have changed my mind about getting a blue peel, my skin now glows. People will comment how good my skin looks, that's a first. I did have a few breakouts/zits but it was bringing trapped oils to the surface, one would go away and then resurface again..your face will do it's thing and don't panic. my co-workers would see the changes, around 1:00 my face would start peeling. I hope they will give you the free cleanser, and this was a good investment. Remember your skin will turn red and start to flake, very dry. After a few weeks of using products I saw a new face (me) that is pretty!
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Here is one review, but there are more...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5361&highlight=obagi+blender

***Hi, Faith! Smile
Thanks so much! I found the thread after I posted--it's definitely very helpful. Smile I started using the system this morning and I have high hopes. Smile I'll be sure to stick through any of the wonky periods because a lot of people rave about the end results.

***Hi, Susie! Smile
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Smile I'm preparing myself for what will come soon. I called the medi spa and was told that they would call me back with an answer as to whether or not they would credit me the free cleanser. Well, they never called back, so I called again last night and I was told someone would call me 1st thing in the morning. No one called by about 11 so I called again and was told the person was in a meeting and would call me back in about 20 minutes after they got out. Anyhoo, needless to say, no one ever returned my call. Sad I guess that means I don't get the credit for the free cleanser, huh? Confused I just wish someone would return my call with a straight answer. There is no one else around here that really does the Obagi system so I can't go elsewhere. I'm afraid that it will be difficult to get a hold of someone if something goes wrong or if my products need tweaking, though. Embarassed Hopefully, all will go well and I can do it on my own(thanks to everyone's awesome reviews and input here! Smile )
btreasure

Thu May 12, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ho Kookykitty,

I was recommended and bought the Obagi products from an American Cosmetic Surgeon in Bangkok, but she explained everything to me and how to adjust the products etc - we also email each other. I live in Australia and cannot get the products here unless I go to a Dr - so I purchase the products via EDS and receive free sunblock - they are so much cheaper than I would have to pay. I have started using this website and read a lot from others and this has helped me to understand what will happen. I am now into my 10th week - still some peeling, but fine even colouring and toning. Hang in there the money and the wait is worth it and we are all here to help you get through. stay in touch

Brenda
LKL6411
5% products discount

Sat May 14, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Obagi users:

I'm really confused because I started the complete Obagi regimen 4 weeks ago, including .1% Retin A cream. I've done everything according to my Dr.'s directions.

So far, I haven't had any peeling at all. In fact, I can't see much of a noticable difference in my skin, either.

I'm frustrated, because I expected peeling even telling my husband and co-workers what to expect, and then, nothing.

I went back after 3 weeks and all the Dr.'s assistant said was, "Well, you're one of the rare ones who doesn't peel" but that makes no sense to me.

Did anyone have this experience? My skin has large pores but it's combination, not oily.

I'm beginning to think my Obagi products are "duds" or something.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Lisa
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
btreasure wrote:
Ho Kookykitty,

I was recommended and bought the Obagi products from an American Cosmetic Surgeon in Bangkok, but she explained everything to me and how to adjust the products etc - we also email each other. I live in Australia and cannot get the products here unless I go to a Dr - so I purchase the products via EDS and receive free sunblock - they are so much cheaper than I would have to pay. I have started using this website and read a lot from others and this has helped me to understand what will happen. I am now into my 10th week - still some peeling, but fine even colouring and toning. Hang in there the money and the wait is worth it and we are all here to help you get through. stay in touch

Brenda

****Hi, Brenda! Smile

How are you? Thanks so much for your post! Smile May I ask what type of skin you have? Did you also breakout in the beginning? In what way did you adjust your routine? I haven't heard from my esthetician since she sold the system to me so I am relying on everyone's help for advice. I am learning so much here. Smile

I'm just on Day 15 and still breaking out. I am surprised at how little and subtle the peeling is at this point. I thought I was would be a peely red mess. I think my skin might just be super oily and tough. lol. :P

****Hi, Lisa! Smile I am using the same tretinoin cream as you are and I am not really experiencing the uber peeling either. I'm only on Day 15, though, but perhaps it is because we have oilier skin than others? Have you been able to talk to your Dr or just the assistant? Is it the assistant who is actually seeing you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa,

I have been using obagi for the last year and a half and would suggest you use more Retin A. The other option is to use it twice a day as opposed to just once. Having been on Obagi so long I practically drown myself in the retin a to get peeling now. My skin is super tough too so it took lots of retin a to get results.

HTH
Sherri
LKL6411
5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies, ladies. I'll be asking my Dr. for either stronger Retin-A or if I can begin to apply it twice daily.

Thanks!

Lisa
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |