Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Calling on you experts for advice!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently become addicted to this site...and I have so many questions!

I am 30 - my main skin concerns are fine lines around eyes, 1 laugh line on the left side of my mouth Sad and starting to notice a loss of firmness.

I have generally normal skin (a little oily on forehead)...but I sometimes have strange reactions to creams which should not cause a reaction (an itchy rash with very small bumps)

I have tried retin-A which I found to be drying. I was also concerned about using it because it thins the skin and I feel like it will increase wrinkling in the long run (since my skin will get thinner and thinner).

I have read the questions about Argireline - so I would prefer to stay away from ADCE and Okusil.

Can people PLEASE suggest eye/face creams and serums and tell me what order to use them in. I'm thinking Vivier C is going to be one of my new products...hope it doesn't irritate me. Where in the sequence should Vivier C be used?

THANKS!!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Where you are only 30 you should see some dramatic changes when you start using a good skincare line. If you tend to be sensitive I would suggest that you start off using a Vit. C serum of 10%. After your skin gets used to 10% C you can advance to Vivier C 20%. The best time to apply C is in the AM prior to exposure to the elements.

You mentioned that have had rashes from skin care products. Dr. Hauschka has a lovely all natural line for all skin types. Dr. H.'s cleansing cream is one of my favorite products.

Surely you will get a lot of good advice on EDS. Very Happy

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
yes, dr. H is great for us gals with sensitive skin. also you may want to look at decleor.
Mabsy

Sun May 01, 2005 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I would highly recommend the Vivier 10% serum (don't start with anything higher at this stage) or the Skinceuticals Serum 10 depending on what texture you like. The Skinceuticals Serum 10 is a more watery serum which dries on contact and makes (my) skin feel a little tight until I put on moisturiser. The Vivier has a more substantial texture and does not feel drying on the skin and leaves my skin comfortable. Also, the Vivier seems to be gentler overall.

A vitamin C serum should be used after cleansing your face and before applying moisturiser.

In terms of the eye area, I would really suggest that you also use a vit C serum here (you might need a lower strength one here perhaps) and then follow up with an eye cream and SPF (or an eye cream with SPF). In terms of nice eye creams, Murad Essential C is a very good one with SPF. The Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream is a very good non-SPF eye cream (albeit pricy) and I really like the Babor Sensational Eyes cream as well.

Decleor Harmonie Essentielle is a wonderful cream when it comes to calming down rashes and dealing with sensitive skin in general Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys!

What cream would you suggest to use over he Vivier C on the face?

Mabsy recommended a less strong Vit C around the eye (on the eyelid too?) what would you suggest?

Does Vit C not make your skin sensistive to sun? Should I not apply the Vit C in the P.M. before my mosturizer?

Is a facial cream like Strivectin something for me?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cautious newbie,

I just use a HA over my C serum, and then put on sunscreen. That seems to be enough moisture for me recently, but everyone is different.

Again, with the vit C, everyone can tolerate differnt amounts. I am fine with 15% around my eyes, but I am not sure if most people do this. The Vivier eye serum is 5%, I believe. Skinceuticals is 5% also. IS Clinical has one that is 7.5%. You could try the 10% though, and then follow it up with a good eye cream. I would not put c-serum on my eyelid though; just under the brow and around.

Vit C has never made me sensitive to sunlight, but I am not sure if it can. Vit C actually helps protect your skin from the sun and fight against free radical and solar damage. This is the reason that I think Mabsy said to put it on in then morning. It will make your sunscreen/block stronger. Once Vit c is in your skin, the half life is three days, so with that in mind, you could put it on at night if you preferred.

I used to use StriVectin, and I really liked it. It does get mixed reviews though. I thought it was a great moisturizer and it really help keep my skin balanced all day. I even put that around my eyes, and liked the results. The only reason I stopped is because I got a little tired of layering. Pudoodles really likes it too. If you want to try the Strivectin, I would order it from skinstore.com. The have the guaranteed best online price. You just have to enter your email address on the StriVectin page and they will mail you a coupon code. In my experience it has always been about $35-$40 off.

I hope this helps Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Faith,

what do you do in p.m.? Vit C and HA only?

With Trivectin, what did you need to layer, the Vit c? I got the impression that Trivectin has everything in it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
Faith,

what do you do in p.m.? Vit C and HA only?

With Trivectin, what did you need to layer, the Vit c? I got the impression that Trivectin has everything in it...

Yup, that's all I do now, and eyecream. Before that though, I often use MDSkincare Alpha Beta Peels. Sometimes I do a moisture mask...maybe once every 10 days...if I am not too lazy.

When I was using the StiVectin, I was using it morning and night. The layering that I was tired of was in the morning, after my serums but before sunscreen. The creams just wouldn't soak in and I couldn't put on make up. If I got up earlier, maybe it all would have worked out, but I just decided to simplify. StriVectin also needs to be used twice a day, they say; once a day may not give you results. StriVectin can do alot, but it doesn't have spf, and I don't think the Vit C is that kind that can get absorbed deeply by the skin. It is also a very low %.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cautious Newbie! I agree with Faith re: the SV - it tends to be one of those controversial products and usually gets pretty extreme reviews (fab or lousy!). I have had great results with SV around the eyes - and experienced wonderful improvement in overall skin texture with SV (I'm 40, pretty normal skin, face-paced lifestyle leaves me with dehyration at times and stress makes me skin go crazy - hives, rashes..)For me, SV is soothing and doesn't make me break out - *but* it has a stong pepperminty scent that can be really bothersome for some!).

I use Skinceuticals C serum 20% concentration with the SV....not having tried vc, I agree that you should start with a lesser concentration (10%). The Vivier C is lovely stuff! Beautiful texture and great if you want to avoid the after-tightness normally associated with VC app! For me, the SV and C serum regime worked beautifully - and while I am always experimenting to see if there is something better for me out there, I am *never* without SV (currently my neck and decollete treatment..)In the past I have used it for face, eyes, neck & decollete, hands and body...for me it truly is an "anywhere/anything" cream.

Re: eye creams - I *love* cellcosmet - it's pricier (but you get twice as much as what is usually packaged in an eye treatment) and it really gives a youthful look around the eye area (wonderful smoothing effect.. and the skin *looks* younger - not just firmer - which, for me, really sets it in apart from others..) but it is concentrated - so go easy with it if you try it (EDS has a great trial pack you can buy!).

Another product I'd highly recommend is the ADCE and Prep (Janson-Beckett)...this stuff is great for firming the skin and smoothing out the eye area...it gets pretty extreme mixed results as well (fab or lousy!)..I'd tell anyone to give it a shot!! While in the winter it's not enough for my skin, I fully intend to try it again in the coming warmer months...the ADCE and Prep give amazing firming results in no time at all - and it has a pretty impressive list of ingredients!
Good luck!
Very Happy Pudoodles
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I'm thinking for the eye area:

Vivier C at 10%...and the the cellcosmet can go on top?...Would Decleor Hydrotenseur fit into here as well or would I be using the Decleor instead of the Cellcosmet?

(I have a tester and have used it for 1 day...and as long as my eyes aren't playing tricks on me...the stuff seems to be working Very Happy )

For the face, I have not yet decided what to put on top of the vivier C. What HA product do you use Faith?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use IS clinical hydra cool. The ingredients are Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B5, Kojic Acid, Menthol, Centella Asiatica Extract.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
by the way....

where does one buy Vivier? I live in Toronto.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
by the way....

where does one buy Vivier? I live in Toronto.

You can buy it off of EDS...and Canadian shipping is only $5...I think

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Argireline is near worthless. I tried peptide products with little success (and the one with mostly Argireline worked worst). I am near 50 and have only one small wrinkle. Two years ago I had many. I believe this is due to a high Omega 3 diet (and no sugar or white flour), face exercises, home peels (glycolic and salicylic acid) and vit C+E preparations. I also do use some Retin A. I'm sure that you can find or make a vit C prep that is suited to your skin. There are so many different bases and the best depends on your skin type.

Good Luck!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Cautious newbie"]Ok, so I'm thinking for the eye area:

Vivier C at 10%...and the the cellcosmet can go on top?...Would Decleor Hydrotenseur fit into here as well or would I be using the Decleor instead of the Cellcosmet?

I can't believe I forgot to mention the Decleor Hydrotenseur! I love it!..when I'm really tired or puffy I use it underneath the cellcosmet eye cream - I just let it dry completely before applying the cellcosmet. BTW, you're not imagining a lift with the Hydrotenseur - it's particularly fabulous on the eye lids!!
Pudoodles
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
what are the active ingredients in Decleor hydrotenseur? Is it also for under the eye fine lines? Can it be used everyday for line defence?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |