Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Natural Skin Care- that works!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, new to the forum...

I've been on a organic/natural skin-care quest...and wanted to share my conclusions of best skin-care products that I have found (and stayed with):

(ps. I'm pregnant and toxins are a big no no on my list)

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing cream- I put on just a little, and yes, against their recommendations, I scrub it in and leave on as a mask for a few minutes in the morning while I'm running around the house. That way I get that little tube to last longer and have the same effect. It's the best! (I also like the Dr. H Cleansing milk)

Shankara (Shankara.com) Microcrystal exfoliation- great humanitarian company, I've tried most of their products, and this one is a MUST! Leaves you super-soft and with baby skin.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir- It's a highly addictive natural toner/elixir that smells great and really helps those large pores to close...it'd expensive though, so see it as a treat if you can afford it, else just use organic which hazel.

Cellex-C high potency serum- Yes, it's not organic, but has no toxic ingredients as I know of. It rated as safe on the EWG.org website (non profit site where you can search for your products and what they contain...warning, you might want to stay in the obliviance of the unknown, most products out there have horrible cancerogeneous substances in them). I use this serum after my cleansing regime on large-pore and wrinkle prone areas. I keep re-filling my sample mini-bottle, and just dab with my finger (that way this bottle lasts forever...well...almost)

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel- Love it. One pump is enough for the entire face.

Jurlique Eye Gel- Love that one too, half a pump is enough for both eyes. If you want to save $, just use the herbal recovery gel...but if you got the money, splurge! Your eyes are the window to your soul!

Dr. Hauschka rejuvenating mask- if you have oily skin, apply a thin layer under your foundation! I use it on "oily days" since I have combination skin.

Try to get a sample of Dr. Hauschka's Rose firming mask...I've found it great on my lips. It leaves them plump and tingeling.

The Dr. Haushka rythmic conditioner capsules are amazing too...but seriously expensive. I use one capsule after I've done a facial on myself, or something special. Works great on pimples (!). I started getting broken capularies on by upper bust with the pregnancy, and this little watery fluid has even taken care of that! (But don't quote me on it, I might be a freak case or something...)

Burt's bees carrot seed complexion mist- this one's actually cheap, smells great, and great for having with you as a picker upper (in the car, at work, in the beach-bag etc.) Even my man likes it!

My skin has had breakouts, large pores, wrinkles developing, constant oily shine etc. IN THE PAST! I love my skin now!

I'm doing some research on organic hair-care- I'll let you know the scoope when I'm done. Next big order is all Jane Iredale cosmetics...I've been using all organic cosmetics (well, as organic as they can get..) and there's the fine balance of what works and not, so I'll let you know about that too later on.

Have a beautiful day!
Blessings

Razz Very Happy Laughing
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
So what's your favorite natural skin care product?

(I'm in search of a natural/organic lip-tint that is long-lasting and I can use under my gloss...) Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun May 01, 2005 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing cream- I put on just a little, and yes, against their recommendations, I scrub it in and leave on as a mask for a few minutes in the morning while I'm running around the house. That way I get that little tube to last longer and have the same effect. It's the best! (I also like the Dr. H Cleansing milk)

Welcome to the forum happyhippie and thank you for posting the review Smile

In terms of the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing cream, I am not sure about this but I think that by scrubbing you might actually be missing out on something. I was under the impression that the pressing and kneading motion is what creates suction that clears out the pores. Just by scrubbing you would be exfoliating but not getting stuff out from within the pores. Have you tried each technique for say about two weeks and compared the results by any chance? I know that there have been posts where the people didn't get the results they wanted in terms of pores and blackheads but they were actually scrubbing and not pressing the Dr H CC in....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I'm sure the pressing and rolling technique is better, I'm just lazy and know that I'm not realistically going to do that every time I use the Dr. H CC... Wink

I find though that leaving the CC on the skin for a few minutes, is amazing, it really closes my big pores and has the same effect as if I would put on a clay mask... Surprised
Mabsy

Mon May 02, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:

I find though that leaving the CC on the skin for a few minutes, is amazing, it really closes my big pores and has the same effect as if I would put on a clay mask... Surprised

Fair enough! Thanks for the tip about leaving the CC on for a while. I do that sometimes but not consistently. I'll start doing that as well Smile

5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2005 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Try the lip stick from The Organic Make-up Company. It last really long and you can take advantage of the 20% discount code that tinkerbell gave us. The code's worked for me and others.

According to tinkerbell, send kenneth_e_jameson (@) yahoo.com.au and they'll give you the code.

Just remember to look at the ingredients of the products you put on while you are pregnant as your skin will absorb products into the bloodstream and to the fetus.

Its amazing to see the harmful stuff that's in cosmetics these days.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice Jacki Chan... Yes, it is really freaky being pregnant and knowing about all the horrible toxins we are surrounded with! I'm using all natural skin-care, make-up and hair-care (that last one is tough, since even companies that claim to be natural have horrible ingredients that can cause cancer of birth-defects...), my cleaning and laundry products are also all natural and we even sleep in an organic bed. It's like an investment though to have a natural home, since none of my family members have health insurance and have never needed it (knock knock on wood...) Very Happy
Jackie Chan
5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie,

Apparently, a company can "claim" to be NATURAL if the product's content is 75% natural. The remaining 25% can be whatever they want.

I don't mean to scare you, but you need to do two things,
- be aware of what goes on your skin
- be aware of the size of molecule that goes on your skin as some "natural" companies that use minerals like titanium dioxide has been linked to cancer - which I learned from here a few days ago

The "only" companies that seems to care about this point is the Organic Makeup Co. Take a look at this link,

http://www.organicmakeup.ca/CA/switchtoorganic.asp

To achieve a really smooth texture, some companies really pound ingredients to create really fine powders that feel smooth like velvet, but though these powders are apply well, they also pose the unknown threat of being absorbed.

That's why I am interested in The Organic Make-up Company as they are thorough about everything and if you're interested in the discount code that saves you 20%, drop a note to kenneth_e_jameson @ yahoo.com.au.

My friends and I have used it without any problems.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I too am a big fan of Dr Hauschka. Have a look also at the Weleda range:www.weleda.co.uk

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well the skin gods must be mad @ me because my skin went hyper sensitive on me this weekend-So today I went to the organic food store and found a product line called Annemarie Borlind (from Germany) got samples for sensitive skin-came home from work and used the cleansing milk-nice feel removed all the makeup and left the skin clean not tight-Facial Toner wonderful feel and smells good-Went a little overboard with the night cream a bit heavy but Iam so hurting it feels good. Will try the day cream in the am-The line is all natural and has 6 phases from young skin to sensitive and not alot of confusion also full line of makeup. i went to a search engine and typed in the company name and got the web address.

skin type: Normal/dry t-zone anything that can happen except for pimples very few 46yr red hair fair skin.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 5:58 am      Reply with quote
If you like organic skincare and make-up at good prices, checkwww.bewellstaywell.com

I use mostly their Real purity line and Earth's beauty (some of the purest make-up I've found), they carry Martha Gerbhart, Living Nature etc...

Earth's beauty has a powdery eye-shadow/liner, that I put on with a wet brush, and it lasts all day long. I even use it as a mascara too. I live by the ocean, so things has to be smudgeproof for me...Cool

Martha Gerbhart has an entire award wining line of organic skincare (check for your sensitive skin...) Wink

Have a beautiful day Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie --

If you are interested in all natural hair care you absolutely MUST try Aubrey-Organics. Their haircare is SO fabulous, and they have products for every type and their ingredients are 100% pure.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I have tried before Aubrey-Organics, but there was at one point some contreversy about their ingredients (lawsuit)...I think they have taken care of the issue by now though.

I've been using Miesssence, Druide and am now trying out a salon professional organic hair-care line called "simply organics".

My favorite hair-treatment so far is to just use pure coconut oil...try it, it's great!

With hair-care, be careful to read ingredients on shampoos especially, alot of them contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate, even though they claim to be all organic! Mad

Viva organics! Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Do you recall what the lawsuit against Aubrey Organics was about? I've been looking online for it and can't seem to find any information. I'm an avid user of their haircare and I'd like to know if there's something to be concerned about....thanks Smile
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
this is a shampoo recipe i made a copy of off of rosa y fruta's website a few months back; haven't tried it myself, but plan to eventually...

"If you’re interested in an all natural and ancient way to cleanse and condition your hair, try a blend of Amla, Aritha (soapnut), and Shikakai powders. Herbal Salon (www.herbalsalon.com) offers all three powders and is offering a 5% discount to Rosa y Fruta clients! When checking out at Herbal Salon, simply type "rosa y fruta" in the promotion code box, to receive your discount.

To use: mix the powders with water to form a paste. Work through wet hair and the scalp to cleanse and condition naturally! Recommended are the following:

1) Massage scalp with a small amount of with coconut, olive or sesame oil and a drop of Lavender and Rosemary.
2) Bush hair to distribute the oils.
3) Cleanse with a blend of Shikakai, Amla, and Aritha (they have natural detangling and conditioning properties, so a conditioner is not usually needed). Leave on for 5-10 minutes and rinse. Gently use a wide tooth comb, to smooth our hair while rinsing."
Jeda
5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2005 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smile

I'd like to throw my two cents in on natural products... Wink since I'm becoming a convert and like to play around with stuff from my local health/organic stores.
Arrow Jason beauty has great facial, body, and hair products.

I am currently using their Biotin hair growth shampoo and conditioner, their apricot or peach (can't remember) body wash, and their cocoa butter body cream (yum!).

I tried their facial care line for combination/acne which has some type of seaweed or sea vegetable. It was good, but as it tends to happen for me with cleansers vs. soap, it added too much moisture to my skin and increased the oiliness - I am now back to olive oil soap by Occitane (it's supposed to be for the body but it's natural and doesn't over-dry my face). But I still want to use the astringent for when I give myself facials.

I really like Beauty Without Cruelty eyemakeup remover because it's gentle and removes all my bare mineral and ecco bella eye makeup without stinging or pulling at my delicate eye area.

Hope this helps someone! Very Happy
-J
Emma_Hawk

Fri May 20, 2005 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just a couple of points about some organic/natural companies:

MOP (modern organic products) products contain butylparaben, ethylparaben, methylparaben, and propylparaben, if that concerns any one (was it this thread where someone mentioned MOP?).

JASON products also contain parabens.

For those who don't already realise this: if you are looking for organic or natural products because you are concerned about harmful ingredients in regular products, don't assume that just because something is labelled organic or natural it does not contain these same ingredients. You really have to read the labels.

I am rather annoyed because I went to a natural beauty store today, I have shopped there quite a number of times (the owner recognises me), and the owner and I have discussed the fact that she openned the store because she found that often treatments advertised as natural were not. The store sells a number of lines, most prominently Dr. Hauschka and Jurlique. They also have a house line, and recommended a lotion to me from the house line, which I purchased. I got home, slathered some on my hands, finally read the ingredient list and discovered that it contains parabens. I hadn't bothered to check in the store, because I trusted the store - I am not very happy about it.
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Hiya, Happyhippie! Smile
I just wanted to say thanks for posting such great reviews! I've written all your recs down! Everything sounds lovely! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I asked this on another thread but no-one replied. Crying or Very sad I really want to know what 'natural' skin-care users use for sunscreen. You must be using something along similar lines, but no-one ever mentions any products. Go on - tell me what it is? I'm looking for a 'natural' sunscreen. Cool - M
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly I am sure that Badbird said there is no such thing as chemical free sunscreen, however I know that Dr Hauschka do sunscreen, as do weleda and Neal's Yard - but I get the feeling after studying (or attempting to) BB's breakdowns of ingredients on effective sunscreens thatthese may not fully protect you from getting burnt.
I think Avene is the one that gets recomended the most as being both as natural as possible and one that caontains the most active ingredients in being effective, here's a link:

https://www.bce-europe.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=9&sort=2a&filter_id=61

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
The only company I personally know of that is ALL NATURAL is the Body Deli. I love their bath products and have ordered many times. One thing I don't like about the Body Deli is their high shipping costs. I can understand when they are sending products that need refrigeration (material it is costly). However, their normal shipping is high also. You have no idea what your shipping will be at checkout.

The highest shipping is (I believe) 12.00. They do not ship outside the US. When I want to really pamper myself I will reorder their soaps and lotions (the best I have ever used for bath products).

I have tried some of their face creams and was not impressed. Too expensive for such a small amount of product.They don't tell you on their website how much product is in some of their containers Shame on you . In all fairness to them I think this is just an oversite. They are (I believe) a fairly new company. Their facial masks are lovely. Right now I am making my own "homemade" masks. Not as pampering as the BD's but cheap and does the job.

Their packaging is gorgeous. I would rather pay less and get great product in simple packaging.

You must check out their site...it is mouth watering. http://www.thebodydeli.com/index.cfm?id=28006&fuseaction=browse&pageid=1. If you live outside the US don't even bother as they won't ship. Sad If I lived in CA I would be visiting the BD often.

Conclusion: If you really want ALL NATURAL and preservative free you would love the BD. I am just not an all natural girl. Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently started using some of Jurliques products which claim to be 100% natural, I haven't investigated enough to know how true that is but the products themselves are lovely. Mabsy recommended that I try Jurlique's Fash Wash cream as an alternative to Dr H CC and I LOVE IT!! Nothing wrong with Dr H, it's just that I can buy Jurlique much cheaper as it's made in Australia and it works the same way. I also love their Rose Dust (seems to be very popular with other forum members too) and the mask for sensitive skin (I can't remember what it's proper name is). I'm slowing trying more and more of their products so I'll let you all know what else I have success with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi happyhippie, I'm no expect with organic skincare. I would love your opinion with Sophyto.

It's one of the few Certified organic products in the UK, which I believe has one of the strictly organic certification process in the world.

I have tried quite a few of their products and whilst I enjoyed them, I still like Valmont and Cellcosmet.

If you ever try it, pls review.

Take care
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your Cellex-sharing. I have always wanted to try this brand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Jason are great for shower gels/soaps/sun care etc.
Kevin Murphy hair care range is worth looking for.
John Masters skin & hair care ranges are great - a particular favourite is the mandarin face cream but you really, really only need a little.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |