Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Strivectin Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this yet? the price is amazing..... Shock
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'd really like to know this too actually, which is why I'm adding to push this up top Confused , though I have nothing to say. I really liked the effect of Strivectin on the rest of my face, but it was much too rich for my undereyes.
Anyone out there?????
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I don't know about this firsthand, but my stepmom is always raving about the Strivectin eye cream. She has normal, mature skin and is always telling me she loves it.

Hopefully someone who has tried it will add to this, but I figured better a secondhand review than no review!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I did not have any luck with the Argireline products. I think you should try a vit C- based product. There is a lot of research behind them. I have tried 4 and am pleased with all. There are several threads here which discuss what exact mix for each skin type. I've seen a really dramatic improvements in skin texture and fine lines.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
....but Sharky Confused I think you must have misread this. Strivectin is Matrixyl based - there's no Argireline in it. Don't mean to embarrass you, just thought I'd mention it in case others get confused.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I have tried this product, for the fine lines right under my eyes, and it did help to keep them plumped up. I used the regular StriVectin first though, so I was just looking to maintain the results I got from that. To be honest though, I wouldn't buy it again...the regular StriVectin worked great for me under my eyes and it is such a large bottle that I would just prefer to buy that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
You're correct
I've tried Strivectin, a walgren generic "vectin" with argireline, OHT peptide
and Avotone. I didn't see any dramatic difference and I used the products for months. It is true that there is actually some published research on Matrixyl that implies much better performance than that reported for argireline. They claim the effect is temporary but that appearance improves over time (don't know exactly what they mean by that). It is a smaller molecule so it should penetrate better. Maybe it does work for some people.

P.S. Has anyone tried a cream with licorice root in it? This ingredient has been claimed to help undereye darkness but I haven't seen many actual people comments.
I saw immediate skin appearance (tone) and continuing results with the vit C based products. I think they work very slowly on large pores and fine lines but I've been using them for over a year (Cellex-c (my skin is not sensitive), Skinceutical serum 20 and my own homemade) I now have only one line on the left side of my mouth. I'm fighting to try things on that so I started glycolic acid peels.

For undereye I noticed that someone added horse chestnet to their eye serum. I have undereye darkness in some areas but I think it might have been caused by hydroquinone use. It is near my eye so I don't want to use anything strong on it. I have started using the Reviva product with DMAE because it looks like it has good ingredients and is inexpensive.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Faith
Is the texture any different to the regular Strivectin or do they just eliminate the foul smell? I found the texture made my eyes worse - it was just too heavy.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi Faith
Is the texture any different to the regular Strivectin or do they just eliminate the foul smell? I found the texture made my eyes worse - it was just too heavy.

The eyecream is a darker colour, if I remember correctly, and I found the eyecream to be creamier. I am a bit prome to milia actually, and it did not cause them on me. I think that it really did work for me, but I am able to maintain the results with creams that I like better. I am still looking for my HG and now am thinking anout the Cellcosmet eyecream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi,

I think I'm the only one who doesn't care for this product and it is the only product I've ever returned for a full refund. I only applied a small amount around my eyes and broke out in the worst rash that started from my forehead and spread all the way down my neck. Perhaps I got a bad batch, but I have NEVER had an adverse reaction to a product before and this plain scared me too death, so I returned it. Someone said it may have been too rich for me, but I know many other people who have gotten great results with it. Personally I like Cellcosmet's Eye Contour Cream and Cle de Peau's...both are very moisturizing and "melt" into your skin. If you do opt for the StriVectin, I'd love to hear your results!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Cindi did you try the cellcosmet eye cream or am I thinking of someone else? If it was you what did you think of it?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi lily, sorry for the late reply. I did use the cellcosmet and I did like it. Its lovely to apply and the packaging is even more luxurious than others Laughing Like many on here Im never satisfied and always looking for something extra. This is surely my last attempt, as Ive said recently Ive been poorly and havent used any skin care and theres little difference, if anything, my pores seemed smaller using nothing Confused Ive got the Strivectin and been using it for 5 days, no bad reaction Pinup girl Im glad to say but the tube is SOOOO huge, I'l give it a good trial, if nothing else, I'll use it on my neck cause I neglect it badly.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |