Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

oral hyaluronic acid for skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
here are two website talk about oral hylauronic acid

http://www.rejuvenation-science.com/hylauronic-acid_prof.html

http://www.ageless-beauty.com/supplements-four.html
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
btw I have tried the COLLAGEN & HYALURONIC ACID POWDER (HABA from Jap)

here is the information and ingredient list:

One stick contains a balance of all those components of skin which decrease with age such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin and ceramide and is used to promote water retention ability, skin turnover and skin elasticity. As a result of advancements in a strict material control, HABA succeeded in producing it with a grapefruits flavor.

Collagen

Collagen is contained various area of human body and 40% of it exists in skin, playing a role in keeping skin tone and firmness.
* Fish Collagen Peptide is an enzyme-treated collagen extracted from fish scale and fish skin for better absorption. Compared with usual collagen, we have succeeded in minimizing fish-specific taste and smell.

Hyaluronic acid

Hyaluronic acid leaves the skin moisturized, fresh and healthy because of the high retention of moisture - 1g of hyaluronic acid can absorb as much as 6L of water.

Chondroitin

Chondroitin belongs to acidic mucopolysaccharides, occurring in animal body naturally and having high retention of moisture and lubricating action. The biosynthesis activates in the body during youth, but is decreased with age. Chondroitin exists in food items such as Natto, Yamaimo, Okra, shark fin and turtle. The ingredient is extracted from shark cartilage caught around the New Zealand coast.

Ceramide

2 kinds of ceramide, ceramide and Rice Bran Sphingoglycolipid, are included. These help to preserve moisture and connect cells-to-cells within the corneal layer of skin.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Taken this for several weeks now, at 100-200 daily. Dry eyes are better, not sure about anything else! One problem I have is that if I do hit the 200 mark within 24 hours - my ankles swell up on the outer side! Very strange. Face, lips, hands all normal, just a distinct 'puffiness' on the outer ankle. Takes about 24 hours to subside, during which time I take no HA just to move the excess out from my system. I have to believe it's the HA as this has never happened to me before - and started on the day I took 2 doses of 100 mgs each within 24 hours. Since then, it has happened each time I go much over 100 mg daily, so that's where I stay at the moment.

Anybody else have this problem?
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I tried Meiji Collagen powder but it is nothing special after I drink.

queenielau718 wrote:
btw I have tried the COLLAGEN & HYALURONIC ACID POWDER (HABA from Jap)

here is the information and ingredient list:

One stick contains a balance of all those components of skin which decrease with age such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin and ceramide and is used to promote water retention ability, skin turnover and skin elasticity. As a result of advancements in a strict material control, HABA succeeded in producing it with a grapefruits flavor.

Collagen

Collagen is contained various area of human body and 40% of it exists in skin, playing a role in keeping skin tone and firmness.
* Fish Collagen Peptide is an enzyme-treated collagen extracted from fish scale and fish skin for better absorption. Compared with usual collagen, we have succeeded in minimizing fish-specific taste and smell.

Hyaluronic acid

Hyaluronic acid leaves the skin moisturized, fresh and healthy because of the high retention of moisture - 1g of hyaluronic acid can absorb as much as 6L of water.

Chondroitin

Chondroitin belongs to acidic mucopolysaccharides, occurring in animal body naturally and having high retention of moisture and lubricating action. The biosynthesis activates in the body during youth, but is decreased with age. Chondroitin exists in food items such as Natto, Yamaimo, Okra, shark fin and turtle. The ingredient is extracted from shark cartilage caught around the New Zealand coast.

Ceramide

2 kinds of ceramide, ceramide and Rice Bran Sphingoglycolipid, are included. These help to preserve moisture and connect cells-to-cells within the corneal layer of skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I just order the Source Naturals HA tablets after reading the reviews here! lol I can see that the more threads I read the more money I will spend! lol Embarassed Laughing
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Semaydan, Pharmacist Suzy Cohen says don't take over 100 mg. She does recommend it highly for skin beauty, eye health, even fibromyalgia and hair color!

I take NeoCell ha, its the pure kind. If you see "sodium hyalonurate" that is made in a lab.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hmm I have no idea why my last post appeared twice! lol

But thanks for the tip - when my Source Naturals runs out I will order the NeoCell Wink
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I was having terrible arthritis pain, all over! Dr. Russell Blaylock recommends Hyaluronic Acid, MSM, and Glucosamine for pain and inflammation. So I bought this:

http://www.vitacost.com/Natrol-Vegetarian-Hyaluronic-Acid-MSM-and-Glucosamine/

and it worked almost immediately, not typical for me to see instant results taking a supplement!

maybe I'll see some skin and lip improvement too, yay!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is very interesting and I'm learning a lot from it Smile
Quick question, at what age would you guys say a person should start taking this? Would you say 29 is too young? I read other reviews and it seems the reviewers are all 45+.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
7Destiny wrote:
Semaydan, Pharmacist Suzy Cohen says don't take over 100 mg. She does recommend it highly for skin beauty, eye health, even fibromyalgia and hair color!

I take NeoCell ha, its the pure kind. If you see "sodium hyalonurate" that is made in a lab.

Thanks 7Destiny for reply. Suzy actually does say that you can go up to 200mg daily - but she also says taking too much can backfire! I wish she would explain why. Maybe it's the swelling thing that happens with me?
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I am wondering if i should take HA supplements. I have been doing some read up on HA and it says as you get older your body does not produce or hold it so good and it is good for skin. I was thinking on taking theseto help improve my skin, plump it up and improve elasticity plus it is good for joints i believe. Im just a bit confused as to what amount i should be taking per day and which is the best pure ones to try

Many thanks

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have been taken this now for a few days and am really bloated... anyone else find this? 120mg of the HA and 750mg of the Collagen , also 240mg of Chondroitin Sulphate. It is the Solgar brand. Thanks appreciate any advice, maybe I need to take something with it to make it more digestible? Embarassed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am a devotee of HA - I take 100 mg daily, C - at least 1000 mg, and have a collagen supplement for the benefit of skin tissue. I am a long time fan. HA plumps lips, helps cartilage. I teach Nutrition and believe in the value of these supplements from both an extrinsic (lip plumping) and instrinsic value. Many supplements are much less obvious in how the react in/on the body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Sis - I've read the thread on taking HA to plump the lips and tried it myself for a few months but didn't notice any significant results. I know that HA is useful for tissue repair but I don't understand how taking it orally can effect the lips specifically.

If HA does have a tissue plumping effect on the body, surely all tissue would be plumped, not just the lips (or noticeably the lips). Sis, can you explain this please.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Im also looking at foods that can help with HA intake and have found the following to start with. Would appreciate anyones dietrary advice re anythin gto help our bodies produce more HA or Collegen

Article found on internet:-

Foods Rich in Hyaluronic Acid

A variety of foods promote hyaluronic acid and help in maintaining the overall health of the body. Let us have a look at these hyaluronic acid food sources:

Animal Sources
Animal products are considered to be the best natural sources of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a major component of the connective tissue, skin and also the neural tissue. Hence, all types of meat, that have skin and large amounts of connective tissue, serve as rich sources of hyaluronic acid. Soups that are made from bones and skins of chicken contain high amounts of connective tissue and collagen. A variety of red meats are rich sources of vitamin A and help in promoting hyaluronic acid in the form of retinol, a major component of vitamin A. Other hyaluronic acid food sources include products that combine various meats such as beef, pork and veal.

Spices and Peppers
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid can promote hyaluronic acid in our body. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, a variety of peppers, including yellow, red, green and orange peppers, are rich sources of vitamin C and can thus help in promoting needed hyaluronic acid in the body. Herbs such as cilantro and parsley that are commonly used as spices in a variety of foods also serve as good sources of vitamin C.

Fresh Fruits
Citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, limes and grapefruits are a great source of vitamin C or ascorbic acid. Juice obtained from these fruits and even their peels contains large amounts of vitamin C and can be used in drinks and other foods. Other fruits that are rich in vitamin C include guava, mango, cherries, blueberries, raspberries and all varieties of grapes. Fruits rich in magnesium such as apples, bananas, tomatoes, avocados, pineapples, melons, peaches and pears also help in increasing hyaluronic acid.

Vegetables
Research shows that a variety of vegetables, especially starchy root vegetables including potatoes and sweet potatoes, enable the body to produce hyaluronic acid. Magnesium is also essential for the synthesis of hyaluronic acid in the body. A number of vegetables including spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, green lettuce and green beans are rich in magnesium and help in hyaluronic acid synthesis.

Soy Products
Another way of promoting hyaluronic acid in the body is by increasing your estrogen intake. You can do this by consuming soy protein and soy products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Just to add this:-

Hyaluronic Acid Foods
Print This Article has been added to your favorites. View your profile
Overview
Hyaluronic acid, or HA, is made in your body and is an important part of cartilage, which provides cushioning for joints. Specifically, it is needed to bind collagen and elastin fibers together, which is also important for healthy looking skin. In addition, HA is a component of synovial fluid, which lubricates joint capsules. Your body produces less HA as it ages, which contributes to sagging skin, wrinkles, and deterioration of cartilage, a condition called osteoarthritis. Some foods naturally contain HA, while others contain nutrients that promote its synthesis.

Animals, Fish and Poultry
HA, also called hyaluronan, is only found within the connective tissues, cartilage and skin of animals, fish and poultry. Eating chicken wings, turkey and fish with the skin is a great source of HA, especially if you chew the cartilage at the ends of the bones. An even better method of deriving HA is to slowly boil the bones and connective tissue of chicken, fish or beef into a homemade broth and consume it with vegetables. The flesh of animals does not contain much HA, but organ meats contain more because they are surrounded by more connective tissue. Further, the livers of all animals are excellent sources of vitamin A, which can be metabolized to obtain retinonic acid and hyaluronic acid. Consequently, cod liver oil and other fish oils are a source of HA

Vegetables/ Soy etc apparently do not contain HA directly but help to stimulate HA....Sorry if i confused the first post

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I just wanted to share a product I read about in a few blogs. It's called a!life Restore and its main ingredient is HA. I was a bit apprehensive to buy it but, after reading this thread, I will try it!Smile
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Im also looking at foods that can help with HA intake and have found the following to start with. Would appreciate anyones dietrary advice re anythin gto help our bodies produce more HA or Collegen

Article found on internet:-

Foods Rich in Hyaluronic Acid <snip>

I am qualified to give nutritional advice, but I haven't yet researched the possibility of amending the diet to increase HA intake or production. Is the source of this information reliable? Unfortunately more pseudo-science than science is written about nutrition, so be wary of any article that is not referenced with published research papers or is written by an organisation with a commercial agenda. In general it's worth remembering that skin is simply another organ: it needs a full complement of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and complete protein for optimum health.

My understanding is that our gut can only absorb low molecular weight HA and hydrolysed collagen. So I am skeptical of suggestions that eating more connective tissue would be of benefit. If that were the case one could infer that processed meat products such as sausages are anti-ageing ... which they are not. Confused

The one thing that does leap out at me from the article is the references to magnesium, a mineral that is depleted in intensively farmed soil. The best sources of magnesium are nuts and seeds, wholegrains, beans and lentils which are foundations of a healthy diet anyway. I advocate nine portions of fruit and vegetables per day as this confers diverse health benefits, as well as plenty of vitamin C.

HTH!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:01 am      Reply with quote
There's a site called simply supplements which has a buy one get one free offer they are based in the channel islands so delivery is free for U.K orders.
They sell theem with the collagen.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm interested in taking Hyalauronic tablets for plump lips but am also curious a to what Keliu said as well and if it would really plump all tissue. I'm thinking this would be the case and if it does then there is nothing wrong with this unless it would take its toll on something else.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 am      Reply with quote
P.s. I'm going to look into purchasing another beauty supplement which isnt in tablet form like Blackmores Hair Skin and Nails probably powder form. I will post the name of the powder once it's been purchased.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Can you buy this without a prescription?
How safe is this taken "orally".
I am interested to get better hair days and plumpier lips!!! If you can buy this at the drugstores. how much would they cost?

katee wrote:
I started w/ 2 50 mg caplets in the am and 2 at nite. Kept that going for a few weeks and now I just take 2 in the am.

I have to say, cynic that I am, that I was FLABBERGASTED by the results. No need to ever touch a lip plumper when you're taking this stuff! Plus, my hair as never been so silky and shiny!!!
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
For people looking for hyaluronic acid results at a great price, look at NeoCell Fish Collagen and HA on iherb. Its thirteen dollars, and you can find a five dollar off coupon for iherb on the internet. Amazon also has it. Great reviews on both sites.
gooeyshark

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I have never posted on a forum before, and am a very passive and occasional reader or forums in general. However, after I found this thread by sheer chance, I couldn't resist writing something.

I am 25 and recently started to get smile lines, my skin has generally started to become less supple and clearly show signs of ageing. The ageing process was so evident to me every morning that it was driving me into some kind of deep depression--after a few months of looking at my droopy cheeks in the mirror I was seriously shedding all the immense vibrancy I used to have in life. Some may call it vanity, but I suppose it is simply deriving joy from being youthful, and losing joy from helplessly witnessing yourself age.

In search of smile line remedies I found this forum, and decided to give HA a shot. I ordered the 120mg tablets from Solgar. It has now been only five days and tears are short of running down my face at the transformations I am seeing every morning. True, my lips are visibly fuller, but it isn't just the lips. I can honestly say 5 days of HA have knocked off about three years off my face, I am getting loads of compliments but nothing compares to the way I feel mentally. My skin is perhaps as supple as it used to be three-four years ago, my smile lines are near gone and the effect is visible all over.

It seems to good to be true, and perhaps it is, but I just know that there are millions of women in my position right now, who are just beginning to be tormented by age and this probably feels a bit daunting and apocalyptic. I would urge anyone to give oral HA a shot. I am not one to be easily persuaded by pseudo-science and mental placebo effects. I can see the results because I have tried hundreds of expensive remedies which I would gladly convince myself were working--but they were not. To me, this has been a miraculous discovery, and I wanted to share this here in hopes that someone else can be made to feel as happy as I am today.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I use Hyaluronic acid mainly for skin health but it has been wonderful for my knees and an old, traumatic wrist injury. primarily HA helps in maintaining and regulating moisture within many body tissues, the most notable and highest concentration is in the extracellular matrix - tissues such as skin and the synovial fluid of joints, cartilage etc. This is partially what accounts for the 'plumping' effect of the facial appearance and lips. I don't think it's going to work on breast tissue the same way - (unfortunate I know) but it also hasn't made my butt bigger either (so that's a good thing Laughing ). HA also helps transport of nutrients throughout the body - basically helping to feed cells and remove waste by-product - (also helping skin health).

echoecho wrote:
I'm interested in taking Hyalauronic tablets for plump lips but am also curious a to what Keliu said as well and if it would really plump all tissue. I'm thinking this would be the case and if it does then there is nothing wrong with this unless it would take its toll on something else.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |