Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What do you want your skin care to do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
This is my theory. Unless you're blessed with good genetics (as in skin), you'll never attain flawless skin with skin care products. Oh sure, moisturizers make fine lines and wrinkles "look good" or "softened", but thats it. Moisturizers will never totally eradicate fine lines and wrinkles. And than theres sagging skin. WHAT cream can lift skin????? Its impossible. No cream lifts skin. For myself..as long as my complexion stays blemish free, with as little discoloration as possible I could live with that.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I think you have a point Susie, genetics do play a HUUUUGE part in our skin but taking care of it by using products with good quality ingredients is never going to hurt. I'm not expecting to get perfect skin, but like you I'm hoping to keep it blemish free, smooth and also manage my sensitivity. I am realistic about all these products and don't expect a miracle from something that is purely cosmetic but hey if it makes you feel good then why not Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just want it to feel soft and be zit free!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
This is my theory. Unless you're blessed with good genetics (as in skin), you'll never attain flawless skin with skin care products. Oh sure, moisturizers make fine lines and wrinkles "look good" or "softened", but thats it. Moisturizers will never totally eradicate fine lines and wrinkles. And than theres sagging skin. WHAT cream can lift skin????? Its impossible. No cream lifts skin. For myself..as long as my complexion stays blemish free, with as little discoloration as possible I could live with that.

I totally agree that some people are blessed with great skin and genes. However, as far as saying no product can restore saggy skin I have to disagree. I have been using AlphaDermaCE for almost a year now. The results in my skins firmness is truly unbelievable. Just today I found a picture of me taken two years ago. My husband took another picture today. I had to take a second look. Shock Never have I had any cosmetic surgery or could I. Consistant use of the proper product can restore firmness. I would love to post those full face pictures here on EDS but it freaks me out considering it is a public forum. I have sent pictures to a few of the members that I have known for awhile.

BTW I now work for JB but the above is true. So whether it be AlphaDerma or another product that works for you....don't give up.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I would agree with the initial post.

I'm very skeptical about the potential for "firming" and would be reluctant to lay out much cash for products that make these claims.

What I am looking for are products that will keep my skin healthy, hydrated and free from breakouts and unevenness.

I'm not looking to reverse aging, but simply to keep my skin looking its best. I've learned so much about skin health from reading these boards and am eager to add steps such as Vit C serums & ylang ylang oil to my routine.

I've also discovered a whole world of mineral and organic makeups which have already had a beneficial effect on my complexion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 1:19 am      Reply with quote
what do I want my skincare to do? EVERYTHING Laughing

I want skin like you see on the airbrushed models in the magazines Embarassed even though I know it'll never happen......unless I get air brushed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm happy with anything that slows down the effects of aging. Some actives can do this, but realistically I know that at some point it is all gonna south. For now though, I'll use and try anything. I'm even thinking of trying renova or some of these estrogen creams that have been discussed lately Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I really really want CLEAR, ZIT FREE, HEALTHY looking skin! Is that ever possible? Sad
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
what do I want my skincare to do? EVERYTHING Laughing

I want skin like you see on the airbrushed models in the magazines Embarassed even though I know it'll never happen......unless I get air brushed.

I couldn´t agree with you more, Eve! I feel exactly the same way Razz
I guess as long as there are gals like us, hoping, praying and searching for those miracle creams and lotions, the cosmetic industry will continue to flourish... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Most of this thread so far are members looking to be breakout free. Oh, can I understand that. Crying or Very sad My daughter went though it all.If I could have taken it on myself to spare her the emotion turmoil I would have in a second. After she had her first child at 33 her skin cleared up and has stayed that way. Perhaps some of you have children and for others that may not be an option. hmm Would Hormone Therapy help? Just wondering because of my daughters experience.

To get back to my post. I know breakouts are terrible to go though. But, as a more mature woman, it is hard to all of a sudden look in the mirror and see your face go south (esp in todays society). I feel the same inside as when I was in my thirties (just the shell changed Laughing ). Someday I might be very frail and in a rocking chair. Until then keeping myself looking youthful keeps my head there too. I think back to my grandmother. She certainly would not think of buying herself skin care products. At 40 she looked 60. I don't believe "grandma" felt good about herself when she looked in the mirror. If she did it would have been consider vain (the way she was raised). Grandma lives in me too. As a woman in 2005 I would consider having a facelift selfish. Therefore I went the topical route. It has been easier for me working in a Spa and now working for a skin care manufacturer. I better look the best I can. Rolling Eyes

Let's face it we all are heading in the same direction. I will arrive sooner then most of you. May we all travel there gracefully in body, mind and spirit.

When I commented on it being possible to repair a saggy face, the same holds true for breakouts. The majority of people I have known that had acne it is now a thing of the past.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I would love my skincare to just erase all my blemishes, for my skin to be glowing and radient and nooo pores.
But I think if I had all that then there would still be something else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I feel the same inside as when I was in my thirties (just the shell changed Laughing ).

I feel so relieved to read this, since I´m turning 30 next month... Laughing Laughing

I think that outer beauty is very much accompanied by inner well being; how satisfied, happy and harmonious we feel inside.
At times when I feel mentally and emotionally out of balance and worn out, there is no way I can look good no matter how much beauty cream or makeup I apply, skin looks greyish and eyes lack sparkle..... Crying or Very sad
On the other hand, when I feel great my hair shines and my skin glows (well, at least a bit more... Wink ).
Sometimes I wonder if we tend to forget the importance of pampering ourselves inside as well, although I should say I´ve never felt unhappy dabbing a luxurious cream on my face.... Laughing

Big hugs to all of you

/Heléne

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Eve all the way on this one Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Susie for the most part. However, I would not be here if I had no hope of "bettering"
the skin, and slowing down the aging process.

Another thing worth mentioning is how you take care of the body as well, i.e., internally,
with lots of H2O intake, and to eat relatively
healthy.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
My answer to the original question on this post is "I want to look like I did when I was about 22" but realistically I want to look as good as Winnie does. She sent me a new pic the other day and I swear she could pass for 40. She just looks better and better everytime I see her pictures. Its a good job I am not the jealous sort. Oh and to top it off she has got a lovely personality. I want her to adopt me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori I thought you was 22 - just seen your photo from 2 years ago Question Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
My answer to the original question on this post is "I want to look like I did when I was about 22" but realistically I want to look as good as Winnie does. She sent me a new pic the other day and I swear she could pass for 40. She just looks better and better everytime I see her pictures. Its a good job I am not the jealous sort. Oh and to top it off she has got a lovely personality. I want her to adopt me.

Oh Lori thanks!!! Embarassed I would adopt you in a heart beat. Let me tell you all a little beauty secret: I look a hell of a lot better since my children are grown and married. Those teenage years gave me many gray hairs. Love my children dearly but I always had to be on my toes especially with my daughter. Laughing BTW: Lori sent me a picture way back. You are extremely youthful looking in your photo. The main thing is you will never grow old in your heart.

Hugs to you Lori...Until we meet in person.

Winnie

kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh! If I had a magic genie lamp, one of the things I would ask for is clear, super smooth, healthy skin! Ahhhh--hoping Obagi will do this for me. lol. :P

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 1:49 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
loopylori I thought you was 22 - just seen your photo from 2 years ago Question Very Happy

You show others your photos and not me?????

Not talking Not talking Not talking

sulking now

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
rosebud wrote:

You show others your photos and not me?????

Not talking Not talking Not talking

sulking now
rofl
I know you have seen the photo now cos I read your post in the lounge. It was not me that made it public. It was that girl.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with the majority of the ladies. More so with cheewhiz because on the hydration issue.

Many skin care products "out there" are so drying to the skin and irritating. Personally and now, I think HA serums are the ticket or at least added to ones current skin care regimen.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |