Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
[with tears streaming] I DID IT!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Its taken me 5 long, blood, sweat and tear filled years to say this:

"The names Patel, Farouk Patel, and I have a license to kill" Wink

I PASSED MY EXAMS AND AM OFFICIALLY NOW A DOCTOR!!!

I honestly never thought Id see the day. The last 3 months have been the most testing time in my life, but I thankfully came out the other end successful. It still hasnt sunk in! I keep staring at the badge I collected which says "Dr F Patel". Its just so surreal.

It was so hard being away from you forum members.I occasionally browsed though. I really love this forum. But now Im back!! I can finally do some well-needed, throroughly-deserved, skincare shopping!

I really wish Mabsy was here, I cant wait to tell her when she gets back!

Anyway, thats all I wanted to say, I feel like shouting it from the rooftops im so happy! Very Happy

Take care guys

Farouk
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
"The names Patel, Farouk Patel, and I have a license to kill"

Farouk (or do I have to call you Doctor now?) I am so proud of you! Congratulations! Well deserved.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 6:16 am      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS FAROUK!!!!!!
Fantastic news.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Hurray Hurray Dr. Farouk! Shout all you want, you deserve it!

-Cheri
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Wow Farouk, that is terrific!
I'm in awe! Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
WOW a doctor - you got your bible next to you? I'm talking the holy grail of Doctors the BNF Laughing Wink
Well done I too am in awe A DOCTOR!!!!!
you will have to let us all know what beauty products you decide to reward us with and post us a picture of you as the doctor Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Bloody hell, what a scary thought! Are they really gonna let you loose on real live humans? Bad Grin

Seriously, congratulations, I know you will make a fantastic Dr Very Happy

Liz xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys

Ah gees. Thank so much. Its so warming to see all these posts for me!

With regards to the BNF - I hope I wont have to look at one of those for at least 3 months - trying to remember the damn interactions of each drug with warfarin and the darn side-effects was killing me!! Sad

With regards to skincare, Im going on a bit of a Darphin spree at the mo. Ive just bought the Purifying foam gel for my sis as its her birthday soon, and ive just bought Creme Reductrice (reducing cream) and the Desincrustant Lotion. Im after the Niaouli Oil (have no idea how that ones spelt) but im searching for a bargain. Oh man, Ive spent more in the last 30 mins than I have in the last 3 months!

But who cares, I passed my exams!! Very Happy No one is taking that away from me!!

And Liz, it certainly is a scary thought to think that theyre letting live humans near me - dont ever get ill in Leicester will you!!

By the way Liz, Ive just saw a pic of you in an earlier post. Your meant to lie about your in age in a downward direction, not upward. Coz theres no way your 40 by that pic!!

Anyway, Thank you so much guys for all your posts, it means so much.

Farouk
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
THE DOCTOR IS IN!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you Dr. Patel!!! What a fabulous accomplishment.

May you have the best success and a wonderful career.

HOORRRRAAAAAYYYY!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Well even if you kill your patients, at least you will have a charming bedside manner as you do it Wink

Are you going into general practice?

Liz x

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Well done Big hug & kiss to you.
Welcome back we have missed your take on things.
Now your a qualified Dr does that mean you can study and become a surgeon, if you can plastic is the way to go and I will be your test subject for free. Just so you know.
Seriously Thats Fantastic. Now you will be able to afford any skincare you like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Farouk! Now you can start to sleep again! Well, at least until you get a residency. Laughing Good job!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Well even if you kill your patients, at least you will have a charming bedside manner as you do it Wink

Are you going into general practice?

Liz x

Lol. I do have a good bedside manner - if only I had the medical knowledge to match! Its actually my lifes aim not to become a GP, but if the hospital runs me into the ground then I wont rule it out. I suppose the bright side of general practice (it being the highest paid) is that would be the specialty most able to fund my skincare habit!
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Well done Big hug & kiss to you.
Welcome back we have missed your take on things.
Now your a qualified Dr does that mean you can study and become a surgeon, if you can plastic is the way to go and I will be your test subject for free. Just so you know.
Seriously Thats Fantastic. Now you will be able to afford any skincare you like.

Cheers loopy lori. If I went into plastics, id be bankrupt pretty soon from all the operating I would do on myself! I dont think a career in surgery beckons with these clumsy hands!

Yeah your right about being able to finally afford skincare. It wont be till the end of August though because thats when ill get my very 1st paycheck (we wont mention my stint as a Fishmonger). I cant wait. Ive so got my sights set on trying a La Prairie item when I start earning.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Dancing Dancing Dancing CONGRATULATIONS Dancing Dancing Dancing . That is so awesome!!! Now I've been having this pain ......hehe!!
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!!! Congratulations!! You totally rock. Very Happy

Now you can point and laugh at me since I'm just about to start my first year of medical school in August. *cringe*

Do you have to do a residency program after you graduate in the UK like you do in the US, or can you jump straight into full-fledged practicing? I've often wanted to practice in another country, and wondered about the differences since I never hear about them from anyone stateside.

That's very interesting to me that general practitioning is a highly lucrative field over there. On my end, I'd ultimately have to specialize (be it dermatology, interventional radiology, etc.) to be in one of the higher medical income brackets (relatively speaking.)
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
-rusalka- wrote:
Wow!!! Congratulations!! You totally rock. Very Happy

Now you can point and laugh at me since I'm just about to start my first year of medical school in August. *cringe*

Do you have to do a residency program after you graduate in the UK like you do in the US, or can you jump straight into full-fledged practicing? I've often wanted to practice in another country, and wondered about the differences since I never hear about them from anyone stateside.

That's very interesting to me that general practitioning is a highly lucrative field over there. On my end, I'd ultimately have to specialize (be it dermatology, interventional radiology, etc.) to be in one of the higher medical income brackets (relatively speaking.)

Oh bless. Your about to start. Thats so.....depressing!!! Nah just kidding. Youll love your time at medical school - except for when exam time comes around and you question yourself on a daily basis about why you doing what your doing.

General Practice is so lucrative here because, well, no one wants to actually do it. Theyre offer Doctors practising hospital medicine a £10,000 'Golden Handshake' just for changing their career choice and going into General Practice! (and to those deciding to go into it in the first place).

With regards to what lies ahead - Ive now got 7 years of training before I get to practising at Consultant level. We start with 2 years of doing a mish mash of things and then make a career choice, which is when you either do that specialty for the next 5 years or the rotations stipulated by the Royal College your attached to. This is the new system, before this it was 11 years to Consultancy. That was so depressing!

Vegas girl - im likely to make your pain worse!! Laughing

Take care guys

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Doc !!!

Congrats
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Well done Dr. Farouk (ahem) Patel!! Very Happy

Huge accomplishment! With all your interest in skincare, would Dermatology interest you as a specialty?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Woo hoo - way to go Doc!!

Huge congrats

T x
Emperor
5% products discount

Sun May 22, 2005 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow that is awesome and congratulations to you!

That's amazingly difficult to achieve and you pulled through with your sanity(lol). Best of luck to you!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Emperor wrote:

That's amazingly difficult to achieve and you pulled through with your sanity(lol). Best of luck to you!

Who said Farouk was sane ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm so happy for you farouk!! Bravo! We need more good doctors in this world. Congratulations!
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Emperor wrote:

Who said Farouk was sane ?

You make me laugh!! I came top in Psychiatry and I suppose it does take one to know one!!

And skincare does drive me crazy!!

Man I need one of you fine ladies to help me clean my room. I can barely see the keyboard with the mess im surrounded in!!

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
farouk wrote:
Man I need one of you fine ladies to help me clean my room. I can barely see the keyboard with the mess im surrounded in!!

Farouk

Clean it yourself! This is the 21st centuary you know Bad Grin

Very Happy x

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |