Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Nexxus Emergencee...WOW!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pinup Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
OK, a little of my hair history first before I review this unbelievable product. I have super thick, color-treated, waist-length blonde hair that has become severly dry and brittle from 1.) an underactive thyroid (which changed everything including my hair and skin) & 2.) overprocessing it to get it back to blonde after having colored it dark auburn. I used to have the blonde equivalent of Asian hair (you know the kind you'd give your right arm for...thick, shiny, and soft as silk!!!), but am now left with "broomstick hair". I know I should probably hack it off, but I love long hair. (And for those of you who have see my pic in another post, it's actually like 6-8 inches longer now). Anyway...I have been trying for several years to restore it back to even 1/2 its original condition, but to no avail. I only wash every 2-3 days, almost never blow dry it, and use very good salon quality hair products on it yet it remains so porous, dry, and brittle. I had read the rave reviews about Nexxus Emergencee on MUA and decided to give it a try. I shampooed with Humectress, applied the Emergencee and sat under a heat cap for like 20-25 minutes, rinsed, conditioned with Humectress, towel dried and sprayed in Back-to-Basics' Sunflower Leave-In Conditioner (one of my HG's) and then used a little more Humectress conditioner as another leave-in. Well...I cannot convey strongly enough how freakin' soft and shiny my hair is for the first time in like 5 years!!! I can only imagine what it will be like after regular weekly use, as this was only my very first application! I will have to remember to take a picture of my hair tomorrow so you can see the results and perhaps I can find a more recent "before" hair pic so you can fully understand how AMAZING this product is!!! I obviously highly recommend it for overprocessed, dry or damaged hair. The only part of the directions I would change is don't comb it through your wet hair, as it is the consistency of honey (not as sticky, just thickness-wise). I'd love to hear anyone else's results with this superb product!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pinup Girl!!!!

I heard about this before, and then forgot about it. I am going to HAVE TO try it now. I as well have really damaged my hair (Japanese straight perms, hi-lites), and it is very long. Do you think the Emergencee would work well with non-Nexxus shampoos and conditioners, or do you think they all work best together? Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Faith...I'm sure it will work with any decent S&C...I actually used Sauve's version of the Humectress S&C which has the same ingredients and costs 1/16 of the price! And remember...don't comb it through your wet hair...it's fairly easy to spread when it comes into contact with water. Please let me know your results! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Pinup Girl wrote:
Hi Faith...I'm sure it will work with any decent S&C...I actually used Sauve's version of the Humectress S&C which has the same ingredients and costs 1/16 of the price! And remember...don't comb it through your wet hair...it's fairly easy to spread when it comes into contact with water. Please let me know your results! Very Happy

Did you work it through with your fingers? or just kind of rub it on? Laughing

I will let you know!!

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I started with the ends and worked my way up, kind of using my fingers as a "comb" and I also massaged it into my hair, kinda squishing it into the strands...I hope that makes sense!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Keraphix reconstructer by nexxus? that is a really good one also. I'm gonna give the emergencee a try I have heard good things about it also.
Pinup Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Strawberry...funny that you mentioned Keraphix! I was just looking into it and most likely will try it...I'm on a quest to fix my hair. Thank you for the suggestion! Please let us know if you try the Emergencee. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
My 7yo dd has very different hair from myself (I have baby fine). Hers is somewhat coarse and very thick and hard to manage. It is very long. I have to braid it every night to stop it from forming one large knot. I've tried many conditioners the leave ins do not work. I put conditioner in her hair 3 or 4 times a week for 20-30 minutes and wash out the Pantene is OK but nothing really makes it smooth. Would this work? ANy suggestions?
Pinup Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky, I wouldn't use the Emergencee just yet. My advice is to stay away from Pantene, it does nothing but leave a wax deposit on the hair...that's why it initially makes the hair feel so soft, but later leaves it weighed-down, dull, lifeless, and even unmanageable. I found this out from my hairdresser (I used to use Pantene) and while I was in her chair, she demonstrated this to me by taking her scissors diagonally against just a few strands of my wet hair and stripped a thick coat of papery, wax-like material off my hair that resembled the rolling paper used in perms...GROSS!!! I recommend that you use a clarifying shampoo first on your daughter's hair (like Nexxus AloeRid or any other clarifying shampoo that removes wax build-up and chlorine), wash it twice with this and leave it on 5-10 minutes after lathering it up and then use a good moisturizing conditioner. The two HG's of hair care products I use for conditioners are Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm (great, but expensive) and believe it or not...Thermasilk Moisturizing Conditioner which is very inexpensive but works great! Actually, Sauve makes a VERY inexpensive version of the Biolage which is great as well. I've tried literally hundreds of hair care products since I've always had very long hair that is super thick, so please feel free to ask me about any other products! Let us know how her hair turns out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Pinup Girl wrote:
The two HG's of hair care products I use for conditioners are Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm (great, but expensive) and believe it or not...
Damn - I wish I’d have known there was someone out there who actually likes Biolage Conditioning Balm because I just threw an almost-full, giant tub of it in the trash yesterday (I’m moving this weekend which motivated me to get in the bathroom and cull out all of the haircare products that have been collecting dust for the past few years on the off-chance that someday I might have use for them again). If I’d known, I’d have sent it to you.... But still, it may not be too late – I told my son to take the garbage out this morning but the likelihood that he actually obeyed me is tantamount to having the sun rise on the west each day!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pinup girl I'll try some of these and post when I see some results. I have been driven crazy by this before the braiding is was murder in the morning trying to remove the knots before school and it still isn't perfect. Because our hair is so different products that work for me really do not on her.

Thanks.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Sharky,

I, like Pinup Girl, have had long, thick hair all my life. My mom used to use KMS in my hair when I was a kid, and that kept it pretty managable. Now, I use a variety of things that I have found. Goldwell makes excellent moisturizing products.

I think because she is young, you really want to stay away from things like the Emergencee, as it is a protein reconstructor. Protein can have positive effects on the hair, but only in small amounts. Too much protein will actually cause brittleness and then breakage. Any moiusturizing treatments would be much more suitable for young hair.

I also agree with Pinup Girl about the Pantene...and most drug store brands in general. Your average drug store conditioner will contain 3 or 4 of the same ingredients you can find in car wax.

Another thing you could try is leaving a small amount of regular conditioner in her hair after you wash it. Not near the roots...

One more thing. An easy way to get build up off your hair is to mix baking soda with your shampoo. Someone that uses product in their hair daily can do something like this once every week or 2.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Pinupgirl - how long have u been using the nexxus hair care ?? I am wondering if it is like other products in that if u do get a good result from it, it only lasts for a few weeks until the product builds up in ur hair and it doesnt work anymore. I have blonde (coloured) hair which is dry and brittle - it was like this before i coloured it and i have had problem hair even as a child so i would love to find something that would improve it - i already have soured a site that sells it and have the prices and all - just waiting to read a few more replies on the forum but i will say it will give it a go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Pinup Girl wrote:
The two HG's of hair care products I use for conditioners are Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm (great, but expensive) and believe it or not...
Damn - I wish I’d have known there was someone out there who actually likes Biolage Conditioning Balm because I just threw an almost-full, giant tub of it in the trash yesterday (I’m moving this weekend which motivated me to get in the bathroom and cull out all of the haircare products that have been collecting dust for the past few years on the off-chance that someday I might have use for them again). If I’d known, I’d have sent it to you.... But still, it may not be too late – I told my son to take the garbage out this morning but the likelihood that he actually obeyed me is tantamount to having the sun rise on the west each day!!

Carekate...you don't care for the Biolage? I'd gladly take it and pay for the shipping if you really don't want it...minus the tuna fish in the garbage of course...lol. Please PM me if you want...Thanks!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
nicky1 wrote:
Pinupgirl - how long have u been using the nexxus hair care ?? I am wondering if it is like other products in that if u do get a good result from it, it only lasts for a few weeks until the product builds up in ur hair and it doesnt work anymore. I have blonde (coloured) hair which is dry and brittle - it was like this before i coloured it and i have had problem hair even as a child so i would love to find something that would improve it - i already have soured a site that sells it and have the prices and all - just waiting to read a few more replies on the forum but i will say it will give it a go.

Nicky...I'm not a regular Nexxus user so I cannot comment on it's long-term results, but the Emergencee was awesome!!! I too have "enhanced" blonde hair Wink that is dry and brittle and after all my trials with many hair care products, here's what's worked best for me: Matrix Biolage & Sleek-Look, Thermasilk for dry hair, ABBA, & Redken's All Soft. HG leave-ins for me are Back-to-Basics Sunflower, Matrix Instacure, & Biosilk's Silk Therapy.

HTH! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Pinup Girl -

I’m sorry, but the Biolage Conditioning Balm is long-gone to the city dump by now. Crying or Very sad I *do* have a jumbo tub of the Biolage Restructuring Balm that I couldn’t bear to part with because it was almost full even though I didn’t care for it either, but it’s packed away some where right now (I just sold my house this weekend, so everything’s packed up in boxes while I live in a hotel for the next couple weeks while I wait for my new house to be finished)....

I wanted to warn you about Biosilk Silk Therapy because it can fool you very easily by making you think it’s doing wonders for your hair, when in reality it’s actually destroying the fabric of your hair. I’ve posted warnings about it before. Here’s the links: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4538&highlight=silk+therapy and http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4485&highlight=biosilk I’ll let you make your own decisions, but I want you to have the necessary knowledge so you can make an informed decision about what’s best for you!

Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Pinup Girl -

I’m sorry, but the Biolage Conditioning Balm is long-gone to the city dump by now. Crying or Very sad I *do* have a jumbo tub of the Biolage Restructuring Balm that I couldn’t bear to part with because it was almost full even though I didn’t care for it either, but it’s packed away some where right now (I just sold my house this weekend, so everything’s packed up in boxes while I live in a hotel for the next couple weeks while I wait for my new house to be finished)....

I wanted to warn you about Biosilk Silk Therapy because it can fool you very easily by making you think it’s doing wonders for your hair, when in reality it’s actually destroying the fabric of your hair. I’ve posted warnings about it before. Here’s the links: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4538&highlight=silk+therapy and http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4485&highlight=biosilk I’ll let you make your own decisions, but I want you to have the necessary knowledge so you can make an informed decision about what’s best for you!

Carrie

Carrie...you're awesome and a mind reader!!! Thank you for the input on my "ex" HG Biosilk. You are absolutely right about the alcohol and perhaps, it's been a contributor to my current hair mess. For an avid label reader of absolutely everything, I'm ashamed to have not picked this up...perhaps because I bought it after loving how it smelled/felt on my hair after a hairdresser applied it and just blindly kept buying it. You're psychic, because I just purchased the whole Paul Mitchell smooth line and was going to rave about it on here, but ya beat me to it. The Super Skinny shampoo, conditioner, serum, and gloss drops are awesome!!! Although I do need to work on the condition of my hair, they will definitely become my new staples! There is a wonderful, albeit wicked expensive, 100% organic line that is fab and I think I might sleep in the conditioner tonight. It's called Retreat by Simply Organic. It was started by a father who wanted pure products for his son with lukemia, since so many products contain nasty chemicals & waxes. It says "No sodium laureth sulfate. No parabens. No product testing on animals." and has the most unbelievable all organic ingredient list.

Thanks again Carrie!

Susan Very Happy

Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I have fine, thin hair that sometimes gets dry and brittle. I've had great success with Emergencee and with a Redken conditioner that I believe is called Moisture Rush or Water Rush. My hair had been in really good condition until I colored my hair myself instead of having it professionally done. That really dried it out again. After reading some of the posts mentioning jojoba oil I've started adding about 4 drops of jojoba oil to my shampoo, and the same amount to my "every day" conditioner. In just a couple of days my hair has gotten back to feeling very silky and soft. You might want to give that a try.
catwhea

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am a professional cosmetologist and out of all the professional products I have used I my absolute favorite is Pureology. They have products for color treated hair and all of them are excellent. One a client tries it they will usually by it from the saloon. I don't sell retail or get a commision on anything. The best looking hair is hair that is taken care of and looks healthy even if its not. Products will help damage appear better but nothing fixes damaged hair but a hair cut. Hope this was helpful.
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey pinup girl do you think that emergencee will work with hair thats fine? and not really that thick.... What about shampoo's... whats your ALL time favorite? Have you tried Sexy hair or redken etc.?
I'm using sebastion potion 9, sebastian silky conditioner, and head and shoulders dandruff shampoo.. what should i change? my hair is lookin good, not amazing but good... I dont do any once a week treatments etc...?
Although my hair is sometimes a bit dry..
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah! I have been using this product for a couple of years and absolutely swear by it! Exciting to find other people love it too. I have super fine, easily breakable hair.
KLNcatz

Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Emergencee has worked great on my fine, thin hair. The best hair care products I've used are the products in the Fortify line by Biolage. After using for about three weeks my stylist told me my hair feels thicker to her. I use the shampoo, conditioner and leave in treatment on a daily basis, with an occasional special conditioning treatment of Nexxus Emergencee or Nexxus Epitome. I'll switch off to something else for a few days to a week every few weeks just because my hair seems to respond better to the Fortifying products better. I will probably be adding a few drops of jojoba oil to both the shampoo and conditioner every couple of weeks just to make my hair softer.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
KLNcatz wrote:
I will probably be adding a few drops of jojoba oil to both the shampoo and conditioner every couple of weeks just to make my hair softer.
Just wanted to let you know that I also add jojoba oil to my shampoo and conditioner, but you need to add more than a few drops for it to really make any difference! You need to add at least one tablespoon (to a full bottle of shampoo and/or conditioner), and remember to shake well before using. It won’t make your hair oily or greasy, it just helps impart strength, health and shine to your hair, especially if you’ve been abusing it regularly (i.e.: coloring, flat-ironing, etc.)! Another trick, if you use a leave-in conditioner is to add ½ teaspoon (to a full bottle) of jojoba oil to it. It really makes a difference quickly!

HTH,
Carrie

Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Carrie. I've been adding the drops to it as I use it rather than to the entire bottle. Since I use the shampoo every day I didn't want to commit Rolling Eyes to using the jojoba every day, especially since after my initial purchase of the shampoo and conditioner I bought the large "economy" size and just keep topping off my original bottles as they get low.

BTW, I've been using three of your recipes from the DIY Recipes forum and love them all. Thanks for all the wisdom you impart in the forums!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone who has the emergencee post the ingredients. I can not find it on the WEB,
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |