Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What is so good about Murad essential C spf15 eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am trying to find a good daytime eye cream with spf15. I wonder why so many ppl on this board prefer the one from Murad? I checked its sun actives but found out it can't block UVA. Does it do a good job moisturizing the eye area or getting rid of dark circle?

What about the Dermalogica total eye care with spf15? Anyone used that one? It blocks both UVA and UVB but I am not sure about its texture((I have no place to test it Crying or Very sad ) I tried the DDF prevention one but don't like its feeling(feels dry and leaves a white cast).

Please help me decide. thanks a lot!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi there...

If you REALLY want to drive yourself crazy, do a search for eye products....

I guarantee you that you will get more than you bargained for... Wink
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Hi there...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

well, the search function on this forum tends to bring me way TOO many results than I wanted to see and a lot of them are irrelavent...
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Tangerine wrote:
katee wrote:
Hi there...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

well, the search function on this forum tends to bring me way TOO many results than I wanted to see and a lot of them are irrelavent...

When you are searching, try selecting the second dot under the Search Query...I can't remember what it says...maybe "Search all Terms"...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using a sample of the the Dermalogica total eye care with spf15, it is tinted but blends in nicely. I've heard the Murad one is good too but I haven't tried it and am trying really hard not to buy anything until I run out of something.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Tangerine: I have a lot of trouble with eye creams with SPF because they tend to irritate my eyes or not be moisturizing enough, including the Murad unfortunately.

I really like the Kiehls Moisturizing Eye Stick SPF 30. It is SPF 30, with Parsol 1789 for full-spectrum UVA and UVB protection, Vitamin E and Squalane. I would say the texture is a bit waxy at first and then warms on your skin. That probably doesn't sound great, but it is much better than it sounds. No white cast. It comes in a tube like lip stick and I also like that you can use it alone or over another eye cream so if you have a favorite eye cream for more moisturizing power or line prevention etc, you can put this product over that for sun protection. And as I said, at least for me, it isn't irritating. Oddly enough, the other eye product sunscreen gel by Kiehls does irritate my eyes. One of those things that is different for everyone, I suppose.

I don't know if it has the complete range of protection that you are looking for, but if it does you might want to give it a try as it is really versatile.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
I'm using a sample of the the Dermalogica total eye care with spf15, it is tinted but blends in nicely. I've heard the Murad one is good too but I haven't tried it and am trying really hard not to buy anything until I run out of something.

Thanks freefall2. Glad to know the dermalogica eye cream is nice.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
marella wrote:
Tangerine: I have a lot of trouble with eye creams with SPF because they tend to irritate my eyes or not be moisturizing enough, including the Murad unfortunately.

I really like the Kiehls Moisturizing Eye Stick SPF 30. It is SPF 30, with Parsol 1789 for full-spectrum UVA and UVB protection, Vitamin E and Squalane. I would say the texture is a bit waxy at first and then warms on your skin. That probably doesn't sound great, but it is much better than it sounds. No white cast. It comes in a tube like lip stick and I also like that you can use it alone or over another eye cream so if you have a favorite eye cream for more moisturizing power or line prevention etc, you can put this product over that for sun protection. And as I said, at least for me, it isn't irritating. Oddly enough, the other eye product sunscreen gel by Kiehls does irritate my eyes. One of those things that is different for everyone, I suppose.

I don't know if it has the complete range of protection that you are looking for, but if it does you might want to give it a try as it is really versatile.

that is exactly what I am afraid of: the eye cream is not moisturizing enough. My skin is very dry so I guess I will pass the Murad eye cream Cool

I will check out the kiehls eye stick to find out its sun protection. Thanks for the recommendation.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of people really do love the Murad. If you are not automatically ruling it out because it doesn't have the level of sun protection that you were looking for, you might still try it if you get a chance to sample it. It wasn't for me, but eye creams seem to be one of the most individual products as far as how someone is going to like them.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |