Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Exfoliation while on accutane and using Retin-A?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2005 2:40 am      Reply with quote
I take 10mg of accutane a day, and apply Retin-A (0.025%) every night.

There's some dry flaky skin that I want to exfoliate away... what's a relatively cheap but good way to exfoliate?
Nickle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi there BinaryStar,

Are you taking the Accutane on a sort of maintenance basis for oily skin, or is it the five month course to treat acne? I ask because it seems you are taking a low dose. I have just started Accutane and was threatened not to do anything to my skin that would aggravate it, as skin on Accutane is very susceptible to scarring. For that reason I am surprised that your derm has you using Retin-A at the same time. Can you give us some more info? Since Accutane shuts down sebum production in the skin, and Retin-A exfoliates - eeks. No wonder you have some dry spots!

I would be very cautious of using any chemical or manual exfoliants at this time. I posted about using Scotch tape to pull dry flaky skin off in the Beauty Secrets thread, I don't know if I would try anything harsher.
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
My favorite exfoliator is Epidermx, but I was not able to use it while using Retin-A consistently. I learned the hard way...wound up with burn-like wounds on my sensitive cheeks & chin that are still discolored even now that they've healed.

I'm now down to using Retin-A once a week because it was just too harsh on my skin to use any more often,and I can exfoliate about 3-4 days after using it safely (if I'm gentle).

Sorry, I don't really have very much advice about what to use...but do remember to be gentle.

Oh, on second thought, one of the things that I used to use before I got in the habit of purchasing expensive skin care was mixing Cetaphil cleanser with a small amount of baking soda. (I read about this in the "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" book). I mixed it each time in my palm, and if you just added a very small amount of baking soda and used it very gently, it might work. Just a thought... Confused

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |