Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Helena Rubinstein Eye Sculptor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this about a month ago. It comes in a .5 ounce pot of which I've probably used less than half of in the past month with my 2x a day application.
I had heard about this 2 years ago in Feel Fabulous Forever Beauty Bible. Unfortunately, Helena Rubinstein was no longer being sold in the US or I probably would have tried it sooner.
I have droopy upper lids. After trying many products and doing facial exercises consistantly, I had reached the conclusion that I would have to accept my eyelids the way they were or get surgery.
But using this product along with 2 of Carole Maggio's (Eye Enhancer & Brow Lift) and also adding extra liquid DMAE to my DMAE eye serum, I see a difference..not great or amazing but noticible. So I will continue using Eye Sculptor, DMAE and doing those extra exercises from Maggio's book.
The only problem is now that my eyes look better, I'm finding fault with other areas of my face now. lol
I would especialy recommend this product for those of you with not so advanced droopiness as I have. I had originally read that some women saw immediate lifting effect after application. Not so in my case of course. But with time, I did get results....not spectacular results but afetr all the products I tried, I am pleased with this one.
I think it's about in the 50 dollar range. I bought mine from a yahoo store and bought it a little cheaper.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I love this product! I'm one of the lucky who did see almost immediate results-AND, I had originally bought mine in Italy, ran out a week ago & my eyelids started drooping again within just 2 days-so I know it's not my imagination that the lids have lifted.
I hadn't realized it was not sold in the US-that's why it took so long to get to me-package came yesterday-all the way from HongKong, so it took 10 days. Do you only do the 2 exercises from Carol Maggio? How often & how long do they take to do?
Thanks,
Maria
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
What exercises do you do? Would you mind posting them for us droopy-eyed members? Laughing
Thanks!
Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Do you only do the 2 exercises from Carol Maggio? How often & how long do they take to do?
Thanks,
Maria

Maria, I do another facial exercise program (Flexeffect) but it didn't help my drooping lids so I added 2 I remember from Facercise. The 2 exercises really take a couple of minutes ideally 2x a day. The first week I tried to do them as often as I could remember during the day.
pbsadhaka,my descriptive abilities are not so great so I won't attempt to describe eye enhancer. The exercise for the brow lifting is to push down with finger placed horizontally above eyebrow and use your muscle to raise the eyebrow. I've been doing alot of short repetitions and then holding so I can feel the muscle working.
Another thing I've been doing intermittently is placing my fingers up at my hairline and pushing upwards and then trying to bring my forehead down against the resistance of my fingers. I've been following the same idea of alot of small rpetitions and then a long hold with this one too. (THis isn't a Maggio exercise but it seems to work the muscle from a different direction.)
I think these exercises would benefit those with droopy lids resulting from the brow coming down. There are other exercises out there that specifically work on toning the eyelid itself.
There was a thread on facial exericise and I think someone posted links (it may have been me..who knows)to free facial exercises on the web. Try the search function on EDS.
hth Wink
Kim
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Kim,
You did a fine job describing your exercises-many thanks-we "hooded" ladies must stick together!
Thanks,
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
MakeMeHeal.com has a hugh selection of Helena Rubinstein products and the one you are talking about Shock . Make Me Heal is out of CA. Great site Very Happy

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Queenpedauque,

a friend of mine has been raving about Helena Rubinstein for ages. she looks darn good at 41 !!! have you tried any other HR products???
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
Queenpedauque,

have you tried any other HR products???

No but I think I would if someone suggested one. Does your friend have one that she can't live without?
I also forgot to mention that I've seen an improvement under my eyes too. Alot of days I've left off concealer.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Does your friend have one that she can't live without?

Hi--
my friend likes all HR eye care products.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have not heard people talking about HR products in many years. When I was in my twenties I believe you could buy HR in your local pharmacy. I used their cosmetics. Please don't let me get started on trying this. Unless of course it helps bags. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |