Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

To Vivier or not to Vivier
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi...i mentioned this in a different thread but it got overlooked amidst other discussions. As i am about to put an order, i need urgent advice!! Was gonna order Vivier Vit C 10% serum but the recent hype about JB's C&C is giving me second thoughts....the whole "immediate glow" effect is just so tempting!! Its my first time on Vit C...any advice would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know if EDS will stock JB's C&C anytime soon??
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I heard they were going to get it soon. Your best bet would be to email EDS...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
FYI, any C Serum will give your skin a glow. That's one of the visible benefits of vitamin c therapy. So I wouldn't get hung up on which product glows and which doesn't. That being said, if I were you I would give the JB a try. It has been getting great reviews. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Magda last week about the C&C Serum......and she said

"
We will be stocking new serum. It is already in our order queue. We
will have it on our shelves in approx 2 weeks and a little sooner
on our website.

Thank you for your patronage.

Magda,
Essential Day Spa www.essentialdayspa.com" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards Karina
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
mojocat wrote:
Hi...i mentioned this in a different thread but it got overlooked amidst other discussions. As i am about to put an order, i need urgent advice!! Was gonna order Vivier Vit C 10% serum but the recent hype about JB's C&C is giving me second thoughts....the whole "immediate glow" effect is just so tempting!! Its my first time on Vit C...any advice would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know if EDS will stock JB's C&C anytime soon??

You should see C&C very soon on EDS. I am a sales rep. and not a skincare professional. Some C's I have liked and others hated. I had been using CellularSkinRX for several months and really liked it (it did brighten my skin). Before CSRx I tried Diane Yvonne (spelling Sad ) and hated it (hard to spread and turned color quickly).Cellex C was the first C I used several years ago (dried out my skin). JB's C&C is very unique and lovely. The GLOW comes from more then the two C's in it Very Happy . There are several skin brighteners in the product.

I did not get a nice healthy glow from several C serums. For me C&C comes in first, then CellularSkinRX (no glow but helped sallow complextion). Have not tried Vivier yet. hmm

Winnie
JB

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Thu May 26, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I agree with pbsadhaka - any effective C serum should give you that "glow". I have certainly got that with Skinceuticals, Cellex-C and with Vivier. The Vivier is my favorite so far. I can't comment on the JB C&C sorry as I have not tried it. It's getting good reviews though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Is Vivier ok for sensitive skin? I'm dying to try a vit c serum but I don't know which would be best for my skin type! Any suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Vivier and have only good things to say about it. I started with the 10% and am now on the 20% and have had no sensitivity issues at all. Thumbs up from me! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka - what results have you seen from it and when do you normally use it? I'm a newbie at all this vit c serum stuff! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a sample of the Vivier c serum 10, and it was excellent. I am now using the JB c&C serum sample.( I really need to narrow down my products.....it's just so much fun to try new stuff!)I have recently started using the Alphaderma and love it. However, I think I saw more immediate results with the Vivier serum than with the JB C&C. It just seemed a little more potent than the JB. ( Still love the JB,don't get me wrong.) HOnestly tho, I think I am more inclined towards the Vivier in this paticular instance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
princesita wrote:
Is Vivier ok for sensitive skin? I'm dying to try a vit c serum but I don't know which would be best for my skin type! Any suggestions?

Hi there - the Vivier is fantastic for sensitive skin -- I've used the Vivier 20 serum and suffered no stinging -- it has a bit of "slip" going on - which is great if you are sensitive - it doesn't have the "bite" that most of the other Cs give...it is absolutely fab is you are sensitive - no doubt about it! If you are sensitive and a first timer C'er, then I'd highly recommend Vivier.
Pudoodles
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanx Pudoodles! Very Happy I'm such a sucka, I might just put my order in now Laughing I think I hear my credit card crying... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
princesita wrote:
rzecka - what results have you seen from it and when do you normally use it? I'm a newbie at all this vit c serum stuff! Very Happy

princesita, I use vit c in the mornings after my toner. I wait 5-10 mins and then apply Dr H normalising oil.

When people used to talk about products "giving them a glow" I used to think "yeah right whatever" Rolling Eyes but I think that this is the only way I can describe the effect of vit c. It seems to bring some life into my face - my skin seems clearer, more evenly toned, balanced (and I swear my worry lines on my forehead have gone although this could be wishful thinking Laughing ).

I am always wary of labelling anything a miracle product but if you had a gun to my head I would say this is the one.

I actually find the 20% more moisturising hmm and I could possibly get away without putting my normalising oil on afterwards. But since I don't moisturise at night I figure I'd better in the mornings. Laughing If you don't want to shell out for a full bottle see if you can get a sample first. Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much everyone!! I'm so glad to be able to hear from you Vivier fans cos I was really getting swayed to JB C&C. I think i will stick with Vivier for now since I'm a first timer n have relatively sensitive skin. Gonna put an order in now!!!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
mojocat, I'm sure you'll the vivier!

(If not, I'll buy it off you! Laughing ). Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |