Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What skin care product has made you say wow?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Avene's retinaldehyde stuff, particularly Diacneal. It has done wonders in clearing up my skin. Particularly those nasty little bumps that never seem to respond to normal acne meds, i.e. refuse to dry out or shrink or come to a head. Pure Vitamin E oil has also done a lot to help heal acne scars and moisturize and plump up my chronically dry, chapped lips (HA + collagen supplements have also helped)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
For me, it isnt a cream or lotion. It is a battery-operating facial brush use with cleanser. It cleanses my face so perfectly, no more flakies (no more scrubbing), reduced my blemishes (acnes, balckheads) for up to 90% in a short period of time. my skin seems firmer, smoother and it glows. I can not live without it for a day.

before this brush, i've done regular facial, microdermabrasion, proactiv, regular extraction at home, change skincare constantly, even went to a herbalist, nothing worked to help my blemishes, and im talking abt those nasty cystic acne on my jaw, even the GP told me nothing will help except to go on the pill. Thank god, i can now start saving money.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
RAM (script)
Differin (script)

Gold Bond Ultra hand lotion
Spenco Second Skin Quick Heal

That's all I've found after 50 years of looking!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
This is a good thread! My WOW products are:

Skincubed Eye Repair (except for during winter months!)
MAC fluidline eye liner (HG liner!)
Creme de la Mer (sorry, gals - this stuff rocks IMHO!)
Strivectin (sorry again,- this stuff is awesome in the winter!)
Clarins Extra Firming Foundation (lovely texture - doesn't make me look older)
Clinique All About Lips
Lipfusion XL
Dremu Emu Oil (**angels singing!** this stuff is great for all skin ailments IMHO)
Dr. Hauscka's Cleansing Cream (**more angels singing** - used properly, this stuff is a pore vacuum cleaner!)
Dermalogica's Microfoliant (use every second day - wouldn't be without it!)
MAC Cleansing Oil (removes ANYTHING!)
Anastasia Brow Gel (makes brow shaping a breeze...great colours!)
Perricones ALA firming serum (I got a trial packet once and WOW it firmed my skin immediately - wish I could get it in Canada!)
Cellcosmet Eye Cream (just lovely stuff, period)
Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (hides anything without caking)
Bare Escentuals Gossamer Rose Powder (**choir singing** I feel so girlish when I use this - absolutely love it and the matching retractable brush that goes with it- the retractable brush case is GORGEOUS (a gorgeous shimmery pink casing!)
I think that is it for now.. Embarassed
Pudoodles
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I would have to say that Vivier Vit. C. 20% is on top of my list. Then there is...

Cellcosmet Ultra Vital
Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream
Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask
Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action (used as a mask)
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
and
Skinceuticals UV Defense SPF 30
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash
Bliss Triple Oxygenating Mask
Mama Lotion
JB Green Apple Peel
JM....my lashes are finally starting to GROW!! Shock

5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
For my #1 wow, I have to say Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum. It's just very effective. Though it's quite cheap when compare to other L-ascorbic acid products, it's still quite costly for me.

To save money, I even tried 100% L-ascorbic acid (powder one). Sadly, it didn't give me the same result I got from Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Emu oil = very calming to red skin and thickens thinning or fragile skin. Add a small amount to your regular night cream.

DMAE in a serum or cream = immediate firming effect plus long term improvement in firming of my under eye and jaw area.

Essential oil of rosemary added in a small quantity to my night cream has helped control my oily t-section.

Essential oil of lavender added in a small quantity to my night cream smells gorgeous, makes me feel good, helps minimise broken capillaries and heal sunburnt skin. What more can you ask for?

Plain lanolin cream (if you are not allergic to lanolin) is the perfect antitidote to ragged cuticles, cracked lips or a nose that's red and sore from having to blow it constantly when you have a cold.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
now that I think of it. I did try la prairie serum and I really saw the difference. But, it's too expensive for me and I think I can live without one for now. So, I didn't bother to use again.
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Lush Sacred Truth mask. It doesn't claim anything on the packaging but it makes my skin glow. My pimples heal and pores look smaller after I use it. My T-zone is balanced and other areas hydrated by it. I haven't had any breakout since I started using it last month, not even before my period. Miracle!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
IS Clinical
Camellia Oil
Kiss My Face Break Out Gel
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Essential Night Balm *
I love this, i use it every night and wake up with baby soft skin. many thanks to EDS ladies.

Shu Uemura eye shadow*
wide variety of color selection. colors are very pigmented, and the powder is very finely milled. no need to use much at all, i'm still using the one that i got at HK airport three years ago, and it looks like it'll last for another couple years. amazing...

I have tried many skin care products and not much has worked so far. I'm not giving it up though, my next trial will be :
Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask

Let me know if you all liked it, and if you didn't, why not.

btw, i'm 26, turning 27 in a couple weeks, and have normal skin with oily T-zone, large pores
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, also would like to try the
juice Beauty Green Apple Peel,
it sounds like a pretty popular choice for EDS ladies.
I have a few dark acne marks that i couldn't get rid of... so hopefully this will help.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Ice Element's Anti-Aging serum--it has really helped with my under-eye wrinkles. It has helped soften even some very deep lines.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Avene Retrinal
Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base
Jane Iredale Amazing Base
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash
Bliss Triple Oxygenating Mask
Mama Lotion
JB Green Apple Peel
JM....my lashes are finally starting to GROW!! Shock

mper1327,
could you share a little more on the Bliss Triple Oxygenating Mask? i got their catalog the other day, and was tempting to buy it, but haven't done so... sounds pretty good on their website, but i haven't found much review on this product here.

THanks in advance

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Right now sesame oil is making go "WOW WOW" !! My skin has never felt so hydrated & soft like this before! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Valmont Renewing Pack

after i use it, i feel my skin, wow, so smooth just like baby, i can't help my exciting to tell all my friends. what a wonderful product!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Sea kelp bioferment. My hair absolutely adores it, and my skin does as well.

And Carries Lush Lash,- I can“t believe I lost my tube. Mad
Gypsy
5% products discount

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
IS Active Serum

Emu Oil

Alpha Hydrox AHA 12% Souffle

Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash(for 7.00 this is great cleanser. It removes face makeup AND eye makeup)

Makeup-Lancome Fatale Mascara(it's freaking insane)
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
My most recent WOW product is Decleor Harmonie emulsion for sensitive skin. Years ago, I had used something very, very similar to this (it was in a little glass container like the Darphin toners). When I found out in 2002- 2003, that it was discontinued, I was disappointed and lost as to what to get next for a lotion. So, since then I've purchased all sorts of lotions, potions, oils looking for something that works great on my sensitive skin. I was at Nordstroms recently and was browsing at the decleor counter. I told the sales associate my sad story about my fabulous lotion that was discontinued. She said that from what I was describing, there was something similar. When I tried the emulsion, it was very much like my beloved Decleor lotion -- so, I purchased it. In a matter of a few days, this healed some ingrown hair sores that I've been struggling with for months on end and overall just makes my skin look better. For me, it's a great product.

Also, I recently discovered raspberry seed oil. It's very moisturizing for dry skin.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A....but I'm a hard core, medication type a gal..! Shock
catspaw
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
lassie 123 - I am using Primavera daily exfoliant cleanser on my skin in the morning. It is VERY delicate, does not leave my skin sore or red, and even with prolonged use does not cause my skin to break out, which most other exfoliating products do. My skin is clear and soft - don't know hown you will do with it, but might be worth a try! I get it through Saffron Rouge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
spectro gel!

i just renewed my love and appreciation for this product.. my skin has been in horrible condition lately due to allergies and stress.. but always wehn i come back to spectrogel it calms everything down and clears up most of the problems
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
My skin was in a mess just a few days ago, and Clarins Blue Orchid saved my skin totally after a few nights. Just picked up the Lotus one and got samples of the Santal Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |