Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which Vit C from EDS????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Whant to use my voucher and thought Vit C on the Obagi NuDerm maintenance and thouht I would try a different Vit C rather than the Obagi 10% one again Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
You will find many suggestions in this recent thread. HTH Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29268

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I also should state that I use it at night I don;t like the feel of a serum during the day so would that matter I was looking at the Skin Medica or the Vivier

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
redhead I used to use the Obagi C - serums but I thought I would give something else a try and I bought the Cellular-Skin-RX vitamin c from eds and I love it. I honestly see a difference where I did not from the Obagi and it is almost half the price. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Alley.

It's great to hear you're having success with the CellularSkinRX C serum after your bad experience with SkinMedica (which I really like). It must have been the cones you reacted to. hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl I meant to tell you I had to go to the dermatologist because the acne got even worse Shock He said is was all hormonal!!! I do love the Cellular Skin and no matter what the Dr. said I was going to link the Skinmedica with the acne, I am glad you like you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Septembergirl I meant to tell you I had to go to the dermatologist because the acne got even worse Shock He said is was all hormonal!!! I do love the Cellular Skin and no matter what the Dr. said I was going to link the Skinmedica with the acne, I am glad you like you.

You know, I think one would have to take what dermatologists say with a grain of salt sometimes. It seems like they just come up with explanations sometimes, as they really don't know what has caused your problems.

I have never had acne problems, not even during puberty. 10 years ago I got intensive physiotherapy on my back. During massage the therapist used pure mineral oil which he pressed into my skin. I broke out horribly. My back was covered with acne and blisters. The dermatologist told that he wasn't sure the acne was caused by the oil and therapy. He told that it wasn't unusual that "women in my age" ( I was 25) got acne. Well, I knew what caused it, so did my physiotherapist.

Two different types of antibiotics didn't help at all. I needed three months of intensive UV therapy to get rid of it. I don't mean to complain, just point out that the doctor isn't always right. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh I hear ya - Dr.'s don't always have all the answers! The antibiotic he gave me I had a terrible reaction to 14 days into it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Alley wrote:

You know, I think one would have to take what dermatologists say with a grain of salt sometimes. It seems like they just come up with explanations sometimes, as they really don't know what has caused your problems.

I have never had acne problems, not even during puberty. 10 years ago I got intensive physiotherapy on my back. During massage the therapist used pure mineral oil which he pressed into my skin. I broke out horribly. My back was covered with acne and blisters. The dermatologist told that he wasn't sure the acne was caused by the oil and therapy. He told that it wasn't unusual that "women in my age" ( I was 25) got acne. Well, I knew what caused it, so did my physiotherapist.

Two different types of antibiotics didn't help at all. I needed three months of intensive UV therapy to get rid of it. I don't mean to complain, just point out that the doctor isn't always right. Smile

Oh, that's awful! Did he refuse to use any other oil? Pretty much any other oil would have been better... I really struggle with acne on my upper back and upper chest. I thought I finally conquered the acne on my chest when a couple of days ago I woke up with a HUGE monster underneath my skin on my chest. I don't know if I'm just more acne prone on my chest than my face or if it's because I take better care of my face.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue - I believe you're not the only one struggling with acne on back and chest while your face is fine. I hope that Angel on your chest disappears rather quickly.

The acne on my back never returned after the UV therapy. I didn't have any bad reactions when the physiotherapist switched to a cream without mineral oil. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad that I am not the only one that have acne on my body as well. I can't really call them acne but perhaps whiteheads. I found that if I wear sleeveless shirt, the whitehead improved a lot. Does anyone has any suggestions on body cleansers for whiteheads?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine has acne on her shoulders and she said washing with a tea tree oil cleanser really helped.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Alley,
What type of tree oil cleanser does she use? I can't imagine using tree oil in a cleanser but if it works for her I may give it a try. Was it expensive?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
She thinks the brand is St. Ives or something generic like that. She was having trouble finding it for a while but eventually found it again at Wal-mart.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Alley,
What type of tree oil cleanser does she use? I can't imagine using tree oil in a cleanser but if it works for her I may give it a try. Was it expensive?

I had acne on my back and chest when I was in my late teens-early twenties and I tried Body Shop tea tree oil body wash and it worked fantastic! It's $13 and it lasts a really long time, as do most of their body washes.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I am using BENEV Vit C 20% and its working wonderfully. doesnt dry my skin out and doesnt leave it oily sither. Its not sticky and absorbs quickly.

Highly recommended and well worth the money

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it myself, but Cellex C is highly recommended in "The New Science Of Skincare" book, and is available here at EDS for $115.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-advanced-c-serum-p_347.htm
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I haven't tried it myself, but Cellex C is highly recommended in "The New Science Of Skincare" book, and is available here at EDS for $115.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-advanced-c-serum-p_347.htm

I have been using different brands of vit C serum during the last four years. Unfortunately, Cellex-C High Potency Serum was the most expensive, least stable and most pore-clogging of them all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm a fan of Vivier (without the vitamin E in it) and I found that it did not cause blackheads for my skin.
I really love the glow that it leaves on my skin, the even skin tone, the slight firm look to my skin, the texture of this oil, absorbed in really well that I could put my sunblock on (but you are supposed to wait for awhile so that the strength of the vitamin C can sink in well) and it's a stable formulation.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |