Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

La-roche posay products (vit c)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I want to know if LRP is natural or chemical, because i heard that vit c serums are good. And i was thinking to buy it from LRP because they have it to, and i do not know the other products that sell vit c. So please can someone tell me if LRP is good to use, ok thanks.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I would like to know too Very Happy

Really interested in trying their activ C, price seems reasonable for a first time vit c trier Laughing
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
What do you mean natural? or chemical? Topical C serums usually use either l-ascorbic acid (most effective)or C derivatives like C-ester, magnesium ascorbyl palmitate, etc. C is hard to stabilize so the formulas generally have some chemical base to maintain stability. You can buy l-ascorbic acid at natural food stores and mix with distilled water to make your own (See the DIY recipe thread)but you must mix daily so you get optimal freshness and results.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi betterat40. By natural i mean that this product does not do any harm to the skin and if you can put it on all skintypes, from sensitive to other skintypes. And if it not dry out your skin. I mean is every product that has a vit. c product different, or do they have the same working on your skin. Please give me some information about this.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello Cbrooke. Which products are you using now and do you use at this moment a vit.c serum. And what have you heard about the LRP vit. c, do you think this is a good vit. c product? Ok bye.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Hey pipilover: I am currently using Dermalogica special cleansing gel, daily microfoliant, active toner and smoothing cream Very Happy During day I am using Oil of Olay spf15 for sensitive skin, only moisturizer with spf that I have found that isn't greasy/shiny/white and doesn't upset my skin Very Happy

I haven't tried the LRP active C, but would like to as I have read lots of good things about vit C in general Smile and the LRP seems to be reasonably priced for a first time try Smile
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cbrooke and others. About the dermalogica daily microfoliant, how do you use it? I mean what does it do to your skin and is it a cleanser or should you cleans your face first and then use the daily microfoliant. And is it for all skintypes, and how often can you use it. Another question, is the smooting cream for all skintypes and is it oily or do you get a healty glow. And is it necessary to tone. Also can you use dermalogica products with other products, because i have a new cream, its neoderma white cream, it is a natural cream to fade out spots and to protect the face. And if i can use it with other products in which order do i have to use all these products. A lot of questions huh.Ok greets. Smile
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pipilover

I probably am not the one to answer your questions the best, I have just been using Dermalogica for about a month but I can give some of them a try Laughing I first bought the skin care kit for normal-dry skin from EDS and they also sent me loads of samples Very Happy

I like the skin smoothing cream. It seems alittle greasy a first but absorbs quickly and has a nice texture. I use it at night and then a moisturizer with SPF for day (still searching for the perfect one however Exclamation ) I am thinking of switching to LRP Active C for my night-time use as I want to combat any fine lines that are developing and not sure if the skin smoothing cream will do this hmm

The daily microfoliant is great, I think most everyone loves it (I bought the full size). Just cleanse and then use it, tone and moisturize. Day/night whenever you want.

I am trying the multi-active toner and not really crazy about it. Will not buy a large size of this. It seems ok if I just spray it on but if I use a pad to rub it in it seems to sting. I am going to skip the whole toning step Shock

Whewwww...I think that's it Laughing Hope I helped!

ps. I have also used the power firm for eyes and lips and tried the multivitamin power concentrate (capsules)
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cbrooke for the answers Wink. I think that they are good. And about the toning thing, I think I am gonna leave that to, or get a natural one with only 1 or 2 ingredients. Like maybe rosewater. Smile
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:32 am      Reply with quote
O almost forget a question. How was the mulivitamin power concetrate, and is it for all skintypes? Cool
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I posted a review about the power conc.

It is really weird stuff Laughing Totally stinky and an awful brownish sludge so I was alittle worried about putting it on my skin (I always try new stuff at night in case something drastic happens). Anyway, in the morning my skin was super soft and smooth Very Happy Now I am hoarding my sample for a special occasion!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I really liked the mulivitamin power concentrate, yes it's unatractive and slightly whiffy but it does the job. If I had more pennies I would purchse these, my skin was softer, smoother and brighter after using the capsule.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well, they all work the same way if they are at the right ph, l-ascorbic acid and stable. They will reduce hyperpigmentation, protect your skin from free radicals that are formed when your skin is exposed to UV light, smoke, and pollution. Free radicals damage your collagen layer, making skin look thin and wrinkled. After about 8 weeks of use, you will notice serious brightening and evening out of your skin tone. Over long term use, due to l-ascorbic acid promoting collagen synthesis, you will notice firming up and texture changes in your skin. There are many different brands. My favorite is cellularskinrx's C+ firming serum but others here also like skinceuticals, vivier, etc.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi wave. And how do I know what the right ph, 1-ascorbic acid and stable is. Should I look at the % or something? Confused
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Generally any good brand will list the % of l-ascorbic acid on the bottle. In the ingredients list it should say "l-ascorbic acid" as opposed to "magnesium ascorbyl palmitate" or "c-ester" etc. Though these forms of C can be more stable, they are not as effective. L-ascorbic acid in a solution that does not contain water (cellularskinrx) or is encapsulated in silicone (skinmedica) will be stable. The ph is generally not listed but reputable companies will respond by email if you ask. The CSRx one is between 3.0-3.5 which is what you want. Low enough to be effective but not so low that it is so acidic it burns, stings your skin too much.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I think a understand it now a little. I do not know all these terms, because I am Dutch. I mean a do understand english, but not what all the words exactly means. Maybe I could translate them somewhere correct, so that I would exactly know what everythings mean. But thanks for the info, bye wave.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |