Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
make my skin look one colour, please help me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how i can look my face one colour, beacause it is an oneven colour. And what can you do about oneven skintone. This is really making me depressing, so please help me. Confused
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome Smile I think that you may want to try Vit C serum. This helps with evening out skin tone. Also use a good sunscreen.

HTH, Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Have a look at the Jane Iredale range:
http://www.janeiredale.com/products/products.html
This make-up is designed for hiding and blending uneven colouration. The website tells it all better than I could Laughing
You would only need a brush and one of the bases.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Agree about the Vitamin C serum. It helped my skin tone to become brighter and more even in about 8-12 weeks time. Also faded out some pretty stubborn melasma I had along my jawline. Daily sunscreen is a must as well to prevent hyperpigmentation. You might also consider a tretinoin product like Retin-A etc. to speed up cell turnover to get rid of the old, dark, damaged stuff. AHA's will also help but take a lot longer and you HAVE to use sunscreen if you are going to use them regularly.

My favorite C serum is the C+ serum from Cellular Skin Rx but other favorites here are the skinceuticals, vivier, JansonBeckett brands, too.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok guys thanks for the info. But now i have a other question. Can you use vit.c only for your face or can you use it on your body to. Because by belly is darker than my breast area so it looks like duo penotti. I can not where a top or something because you can see the difference between my chest area and my belly and thats a part of the body where you can not use make-up to cover it, so how can i get it to one colour and my belly is yellow with some darker sides on it, please help my it is getting my depressed. I want to be one colour and not yellow. When i was little i was light and now i am yellow a hate this, a would rather be light brown then yellow. And also it is diffucult to find make-up for yelllow skintone especially when you also have spots. So again please help. Crying or Very sad
Mabsy

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:52 am      Reply with quote
pipilover - you could use the vitamin c serum on your body but that would be a rather expensive exercise seeing as most C serums come in 1oz bottles.

I was going to suggest exfoliation and sunblock but I really think that you should go see a dermatologist about this first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Yeah hi Mabsy. About using a sunscreen, the funny thing is that i have never wair something short that you can see my belly. I have never been outside in the sun with my belly showing, so that is one strange thing, that how it become darker without beiing in the sun. And about the dermatologist that is a good idea, but here in the Netherlands it is hard to find a good one, especially in a case like this. And about vit c is it realy that it lightens your whole skin or does it only works with melasma? Confused
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Ps Mabsy. I forgot another question. Wich product can you use then to exfoliate the belly part?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Just another plug for vit C. I had very uneven skin color and three weeks after using a vit C serum I sae great improvement. It is the one product I would never stop using.
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it, but I've heard that the Shiseido makeup range offers a lot of options for more yellow undertones. I'm not sure if you're able to find that brand in the Netherlands, but if so, you should be able to pop in to a department store and see if one of those shades works for your skin.

As far as the tummy/breast area goes, you might try applying a self tanner to help even out your skin tone.

Good luck! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Hey there Marmurl Smile. About the self tanner: I do not wanna use one, because I have tried so many and always I turn out orange. The second reason that i do not wanna use it, is because i do not want to look darker, cause when i look darker the tone becomes more yellow, and when it would be lighter my color looks like peach. Also I think that even if i would use a selftanner that would not be orange, my skintone still would be oneven cause you can not tell if the colour would be exactly right. And about shiseido, yes we do have it here in the Netherlands, only I do not know if there is many choice in the makeup line here in the Netherlands. But I will go to a shop and will ask about the makeup, still I would like it if I could walk around evantually without makeup and yellow tone. Thanks anyway and take care.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky and others. About the vit c, does it only lightens up the part of the body with pigmentation and oneven parts, or lightens it up the whole place where you use it? Confused Wink
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I use it all over my face and neck and on my hands. I started out with very uneven skin tone large pores in places. Since my skin is very light in color (although it tans easily?) every spot, sratch, bug bite, zit really shows. Initially I was a bit redder all over but after 3 weeks of daily use I had a nicer glowing look. With time (I've been using it daily for many months now) my skin became firmer, fine lines less visible, pores less visible, much more even in color (I have light skin so everything shows up) and just generally better looking. I started some other things too (glycolic acid peels which further reduced fine lines), ACV/green tea toner, Estriol cream and a DMAE product.

Please note my skin is not very sensitive to vit C. SOme people do get dryness and sensitivity to the two products I started with (Cellex-C and Skinceuticals 20). Read the posts before you decide what to use. Also I do make my own vit C now both the water soluble form (see DIY thread) and ascorbyl palmitate in vit E oil. The latter is more stable and is incorporated more easily into the skin where it is converted to the active. It is also supposed to be gentler to sensitive skin. I have a vial at work to use during the day.

Good luck. This really worked for me and the most dramatic effect was evening of skin tone.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sharky for your post. But did you become more lighter than you already was, or did the vit c only gives you an even skintone, I still dont really get it. Confused Razz
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
My skin tone became maybe a bit lighter more just clearer and more even.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Sharky. Now i have finally get an answer on this question, thanks. I hope my skin becomes lighter to so that the yellow tone disseaper. If yellow tone would be lighter, which color does it become then. I think peach, cause I was this colour when I was younger then I am now. Ps: now I am 17. Embarassed Smile
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
sharki, well with me my skin seems the same. maybe a LITTLE dryer but nothin realy noticeable. the side of my cheek on one side is a bit redder today than usual (not much tho) not sure if it was the vitamin c... but how long did it take you to see results? does it make break outs or break out marks fade with continuous use? Any suggestions Smile
I'm 19 and just started with Janson and Beckett C and C serum, how do you apply it to your face tho? cuz i heard you have to pat it in as opposed to rubbin it in...? And i applied it under my eyes, hopefully itll rid me of dark circles. Vitamin C wont make my capillaries stick out or anythin right?
Thanks for your time
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm using my Cellularskinrx C+ Firming serum on my arms and legs now in a sort of experiment. I have freckling on the tops of them and I don't like it. I'm hoping after about six weeks of this, the freckles will have faded off quite a bit and the overall color will be evened out. Of course, slathering sunscreen on top of it, as well. I've been doing this for about 5 days now so will report back later. I hope I get the same results on those areas as I have on my face. Smile
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hee betterat40. I have read on a dutch forum that cumcumbber (juice) can lighten freckles too, but I do not no if anyone has experience with it. I have tried it on my hyperpigmentation, but only 2 times, so that is not enough to see if it will work. And one time (along time ago) when Ricky Lake was on television, a girl first had freckles but get rid of them, but sad enough I do not know how, cause she was teased at how she looks and has gotten a makeover.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |