Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Essential Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ramsi
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I think I've finally found something that helps my skin!
I've had some really stubborn acne around my chin since May, and now it seems like it's almost gone! Thanks to this wonderful balm !

I've been using this along with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, som I'm not sure which one of them is the best, maybe it's both together?Very Happy

Now I'm only waiting for my face to clear up, and now I'm certain that it will!
Mabsy

Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ramsi and welcome to the forum Smile

I couldn't agree with you more! Both of the products you metioned are fabulous (I have them both as well). Let us know how you go with them long term...

Mabsy.
jccl
5% products discount

Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
after reading all these great reviews for the essential balm, i am so tempted to buy it.

just to check before i buy it, what sizes does it come in? I've seen shops selling the 15ml and 30ml jars for the same price. ? can someone help?

regards,
joanne
Mabsy

Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Joanne Smile

EDS carries the 30mL sizes (I know 'coz I bought one from here Very Happy). I've seen the 15mL sizes online and indeed they are being sold for about the same price Surprised

Mabsy.

Quote:
Originally posted by jccl
after reading all these great reviews for the essential balm, i am so tempted to buy it.

just to check before i buy it, what sizes does it come in? I've seen shops selling the 15ml and 30ml jars for the same price. ? can someone help?

regards,
joanne
ramsi
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy and Jenny

I've also been checking the prices on the Essentiel Balm, but I've found EDS to be the cheapest store. They offer the huge size for just a little more then the 15 ml, and it's twice the size!!! Surprised
So if you're really buying this, you might as well get the larger size due to the small difference. (I don't know what the prices are in the stores in your country, though)

So, Mabsy you were right again! You're kind of a Guru in here, aren't you.

Hehe, today I got an urge for something sweet, so I convinced myself if I'd took the dark chocolate I wouldn't eat it all at once. (I'm really not into dark chocolate...) But...wrong again...it's all gone, 20 minutes later. Really good dipping in the coffee...Wink Well anyway, next time I'll go for the milky one.

Good luck Jenny!
jccl
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:07 am      Reply with quote
thank you all for your help. looks like i will be buying some decleor stuff soon. am trying out jane iredale pressed powder...wish me luck!
Mabsy

Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hey Joanne Smile

I'm sure you won't need luck. I've heard good things about the JI pressed powder bases (though I haven't tried it myself as yet).

Please let us know what you think of it when you get it. I look forward to reading your thoughts and opinions of it.

Have a lovely weekend,
Mabsy.
Mabsy

Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey Ramsi Smile

LOL, no no I'm no guru! But google is my friend and I like finding out new stuff (well, maybe not for work but talk about cosmetics.... yes please! any day! :P)

I know what you mean about chocolate. Had a pretty stressful day and ate a packet of Chewy Chocolate Fudge Tim Tams while I was sitting at the computer. Well not the ACTUAL packet, I'm not that desparate (yet), but the Tim Tams IN the packet :P Only took about an hour and I didn't even notice until I had to throw the empty packet away! *blushes* But they were *SO* worth it! Yum! Very Happy

Mabsy.

Quote:
Originally posted by ramsi

So, Mabsy you were right again! You're kind of a Guru in here, aren't you.

Hehe, today I got an urge for something sweet, so I convinced myself if I'd took the dark chocolate I wouldn't eat it all at once. (I'm really not into dark chocolate...) But...wrong again...it's all gone, 20 minutes later. Really good dipping in the coffee...Wink Well anyway, next time I'll go for the milky one.

Good luck Jenny!
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Do you wear this at night? Or during the day under makeup? I am tempted to buy this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I use the essential balm at night, I've understood it to be a night "cream", and I think it takes longer to sink in and do it's good stuff than the 10 minutes most of us have time to wait before putting makeup on in the morning..

I've had a 30ml jar for about a year, useing it more or less every night after neroli oil. It's just finishing up now and I'm actually using the last of it as a lip balm before bed Very Happy as I've got some fresh balm in smaller packets that I'm using on my face. Love the smell and texture and that you need so little

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I had a sample of the rose essential balm and used it once or twice but I don't understand what this product is actually suposed to do. hmm

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I had a sample of the rose essential balm and used it once or twice but I don't understand what this product is actually suposed to do. hmm

Sounds like you had a sample of the rose balm (Decleor Aromessence Baume De Nuit Rose D Orient?), which I think is meant to calm the skin. The Essential Balm is a separate product - still a balm, same consistency, but it's meant to decongest skin. HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Ah I see. I think it may be best for me to live in ignorant bliss on this one, I don't want to get a liking for anything else Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
oooh... I had a sample of Baume De Nuit Rose D Orient when I bought the essential harmonie emulsion (um, think it was the emulsion)... it was devine..

I am dying to get a full tub of this but always seem to put it off.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Just got mine in. So I use it just at night even for oily skin. What should I expect as far as purge/breakout as I get used to it, if any and what does it do exactly? It smells lovely!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I too love the essential balm and microfoliant
I once went a week without using the microfoliant and it was not good Laughing As for the balm, I use it for about 2 weeks a month...before/during/after that time of the month to calm any hormonal breakouts. And it works Very Happy
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Just got mine in. So I use it just at night even for oily skin. What should I expect as far as purge/breakout as I get used to it, if any and what does it do exactly? It smells lovely!!

Hey AnnieR... I didn't experience any purging when I started using this product - just remember not to use too much! You need VERY litte! Emulsify it between your fingertips and apply it to your face after useing neroli oil or some other oil. Good luck Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
pippi

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I like this too. I also bought Ylang-Ylang night balm, since my skin is kind of oil. But, the Ylang-Ylang is too dry for me! Sad
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Is this good for dry skin?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I would say no, Nutella. It is one of my favorite and most effective products. However, when winter hits and I have much drier skin, I can't use this. I have heard others use it to help with extraction.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tammy. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
How do I use this and how often? Sorry to hijack the thread but its the most recent and I can't find its usage anywhere. I want to try the sample but don't want to screw it up and have a reaction because I used it improperly. Any help you decelor users could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Another question : I've read that people only use this 2 weeks a month like the poster above - will your skin get used to it if this is used consistently? Those who take breaks from this : what do you substitute this with?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use these balms as much in the winter, but come summer I will:

Use the Ylang Ylang balm for three weeks
Essential for one week.

As my skin adjusts and oil goes down I will go two weeks and two weeks.

I always have a problem adjusting to climate/season change. But these balms help me out.

I did use the YY balm for a month and a half straight once, and didn't see a problem. I don't know why they say to take a break.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing...
Then I have a question...anyone could compare it with Darphin's Aromatic Purifying Balm?...
I used to think the two are very alike.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |