Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
ACV super toner - people in the UK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rhapsody
5% products discount

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am very interested in making some of the ACV super toner that I have read such wonderful things about. Can anyone from the UK give me some ideas where to get the ingredients from as I am not sure where to start?

Thanks,
xRx

ETA: also, is it necessary to put the ylang ylang oil in? I have had a reaction to this oil in the past and am reluctant to use it on my face again? Is there something else I could use instead?
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rhapsody,

I bought the Apple Cider Vinegar from my local Holland & Barratt store, where you can also buy all the essential oils as well.

The witch hazel is usually available in chemists, and green tea at any supermarket.

The only ingredient that is slightly more difficult to find is the L-ascorbic acid (vit c Crystals). I bought mine from a local chemist who are also a 'Solgar' agency and ordered it for me. If you follow this link you can find your local Solgar agency:
www.solgar.com

I am not sure about the ylang ylang oil, though I can't see why it couldn't be replaced by another..but I think someone else (Carekate), should answer that!

Hope that helps! Smile
Rhapsody
5% products discount

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for replying. I will start getting the ingredients together and will make myself a batch as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your response.

xRx
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Lavender/sandalwood are suitable for all skin types. For oilier skins try, rosemary, lemon, cedarwood. There are tons & tons of oils that could work. Wink

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Lavender/sandalwood are suitable for all skin types. For oilier skins try, rosemary, lemon, cedarwood. There are tons & tons of oils that could work. Wink

Thank you Eve
Zoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Does it have to have Vit c in it?

Just found this place online that sells L ascorbic crystals in the UK, £10 for 125g

http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/l/p/1160/health_food/solgar_vitamin_c_crystals_pure_l_ascorbic_acid/

Is propylene glycol safe to use? Are there any 'natural' alternatives that can be used just as well? As I found this when searching for propylene glycol supplier in the UK http://www.health-report.co.uk/ethylene_glycol_propylene_glycol.htm I mean it could be nothing to worry about, we're told every day this is good for you, then it isn't, don't eat this, don't be exposed to that etc...

Z
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I apologize if I didn’t make it clear in my ACV toner recipe post that each person can customize the recipe to fit the needs of their own particular skin-type by using the essential oils of their choice. Ylang Ylang oil can be substituted for any other essential oil that you wish, or you don’t have to put any essential oil/s in your toner at all. I chose to include Ylang Ylang oil and Lemon oil because A) I’ve got seriously oily skin, and B) They smell fantastic and help “cancel” out the (distinctive) smell of the vinegar itself. If you don’t know which essential oils are good for your skin type or skin challenges/problems, consult this link where I posted a brief outline of many of the most frequently used essential oils: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The same goes for Vit-C crystals or green tea. They are not absolutely necessary to include in your toner. You can make a very basic ACV toner just using apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio that works for your skin (i.e.: drier skins would use more water and less ACV, oilier skins would use more ACV and less water, if your skin is normal, you might try half and half). You’re not going to get the ratio exactly right the first time you make it. You’ll have to pour out a smidge of vinegar and add more water, or vice versa, until you get it just right for your particular skin.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion....

Carrie

P.S. Propylene Glycol is included in tons of products that are used on the face, including some that you might not expect -- check your ingredient labels and you'll see what I mean. Most of us have unknowingly been using it on our skin for years. I tend to take those kind of reports with a grain of salt, because next week a new study will come out that says that propylene glycol will cure AIDS and stop world hunger! Obviously, I'm being sarcastic, but that's how most of these studies and reports seem to turn out: they warn you off of it one day and the next day, a new report will come out that contradicts the previous one, so what do you believe? I think that each person needs to use his/her own common sense and judgment....

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Very Happy

You have been a great help.

xRx
Zoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
P.S. Propylene Glycol is included in tons of products that are used on the face, including some that you might not expect -- check your ingredient labels and you'll see what I mean. Most of us have unknowingly been using it on our skin for years. I tend to take those kind of reports with a grain of salt, because next week a new study will come out that says that propylene glycol will cure AIDS and stop world hunger! Obviously, I'm being sarcastic, but that's how most of these studies and reports seem to turn out: they warn you off of it one day and the next day, a new report will come out that contradicts the previous one, so what do you believe? I think that each person needs to use his/her own common sense and judgment....

Thats kind of the way I thought - I actually just came back to this thread as realised PG is not even in the ACV but the Vit C serum! Sorry!

Z
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |