Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Acquitted - whaddya think?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Or do you even care? Laughing

Got home at 6:00 from work just in time for tonite's top headline - "Michael Jackson acquitted on all counts".....

Don't know if he'll ever get his career back to the days of when he ruled the charts. They showed video clips of his "Off the Wall" days and they showed him doing "Don't Stop till ya Get enough" - that had to have been one of my favorite all time MJ songs - can't help but dance to that one....then of course they showed Thriller - I remember when that video first came on MTV - my then boyfriend (who later DUMPED me, the crumb!) and I were glued to the telly watching him do his thing....such talent!

Oh well...

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
he's a child molester and any parent would be stupid to let him into their childs life after all this....so let's hope this is the last we hear of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
The evidence I heard there was reasonable doubt and based on that it was the right verdict.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Well said Eve IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I say money buys freedom...remember OJ Simpson? IMO I think Mr. Jackson is a freak...actually I think the whole family is nuts..In my mind anyone that would let their kid spend time with him deserves what they get, I feel sorry for his own kids!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Didn't help Robert Downey Jr Confused

ultimately he's someone I feel sorry for because he doesn't seem to have been able to shake off the demons of his past.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
He must have payed out a lot of money in bribes!!! I think it's disgusting and would be apalled if he got his career back. It will all come out in the future.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I can't say for sure that he was guilty but there is clearly something very wrong with the man. Why on earth is he spending so much time around children and to actually admit on TV that he shares his bed with children must mean that there is something not wired up correctly in his head. I remember him saying (in the Bashir interview) something along the lines that sharing your bed is the most loving thing to do and when asked about it being strange that a man is sharing his bed with an unrelated child he said something about it being a beautiful thing. Very, very worrying. He shouldn't be allowed to spend time around young children unless there are other adults present at all times.
If you found out that your next door neighbour was sharing their bed with young children who are unrelated to them wouldn't you think it was highly suspicious? Just because he is famous and considered to be an eccentric it doesn't mean he can be allowed to get away with behaviour like that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:03 am      Reply with quote
One thing everyone is forgetting about. The jury bases its verdict on the evidence, not on HOW MJ lives his life. To put it into perspective: lots of people do live like MJ and there are lots of people who dangle their kid over a balcony (if not worse) and nothing is done about that. Verdicts are based on the evidence. And by the way, lots of parent do sleep with their children.

Hes a celebrity and the mother who brought the charge against has a history of extorting money from famous people. If anything SHE should be going to jail. Also, I think if MJ did something, I'm sure the woman who had his kids would say something.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I really didn't want to get in to this.

1.If you shared your bed with a child would you think of molesting them? No? then why think he would?
2.If you've already been found out for lying to get money it makes your actions suspect.

While he has been acquitted therefore innocent of molestation charges, it doesn't mean that I consider his behaviour to be what would generally be considered 'normal'-whatever that is. Perhaps it says something about us that everything has to be about sex, a bed is no longer for sleeping in, a hug is no longer an act of warmth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
One thing everyone is forgetting about. The jury bases its verdict on the evidence, not on HOW MJ lives his life. To put it into perspective: lots of people do live like MJ and there are lots of people who dangle their kid over a balcony (if not worse) and nothing is done about that. Verdicts are based on the evidence. And by the way, lots of parent do sleep with their children.

Hes a celebrity and the mother who brought the charge against has a history of extorting money from famous people. If anything SHE should be going to jail. Also, I think if MJ did something, I'm sure the woman who had his kids would say something.

good post Q.

I also forgot to mention, all these people who have crawled of the woodwork saying they knew something was going on (eg ex-housekeeper who was fired for stealing from him!) why didn't they go to the police before?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Everybody has good points, but mine is this...if my 40 something year old neighbour looked after my kids overnite and slept in the same bed with him/her, that would be the last time they would set foot in that neighbours home!
Also, why did he pay off the family in the first child molestation case? Somethings fishy here, I could see happen once, but twice?
Everyone has an opinion, thats true, either you love him or hate him, I just hope these allegations don't come up again!
Even Oprah thought his actions were weird...I can see if the child is very young, maybe they're scared alittle, then you might cuddle them in their OWN bed for awhile till they fall asleep...then leave! Its much too weird to have a child sleeping with you, especially if it is not your own!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
It's true that if you share a bed with a child you won't necessarily think about molesting them but why on earth would you choose to share your bed with a child who isn't related to you? Yes, a bed is for sleeping but he has a big enough house and so enough beds for everybody to have one to themselves, he's hardly short of space at his ranch. He must have known that people would get suspicious if they found out he sleeps in the same bed as children. I would have thought that most normal people would avoid situations like that in case they get accused of something. Put yourself in Jackson's shoes - would you have slept in the same bed? We're not talking about his kids here, we are talking about children that he has befriended.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
As much as I like MJ's music - I do think he's a very strange person. It's sad in a way because my personal opinion is that he never had a chilhood and was sheltered from reality - therefore never really grew up knowing what is accepted/normal and what is not.

As far as the verdict goes, I cannot comment on it really. I think the media has taken over the case to such an extent that you cannot say one way or another if he's guilty or not because you simply don't have all the facts - you only have what the media has reported and the way they reported it in. Much like the Shapelle Corby case - it's been so huge here and some people feel so strongly for or against her simply based on what they read or heard. I think that's a bit unfair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
It's true that if you share a bed with a child you won't necessarily think about molesting them but why on earth would you choose to share your bed with a child who isn't related to you? Yes, a bed is for sleeping but he has a big enough house and so enough beds for everybody to have one to themselves, he's hardly short of space at his ranch. He must have known that people would get suspicious if they found out he sleeps in the same bed as children. I would have thought that most normal people would avoid situations like that in case they get accused of something. Put yourself in Jackson's shoes - would you have slept in the same bed? We're not talking about his kids here, we are talking about children that he has befriended.

It feels nice/comforting to be close to someone. Doesn't it? With kids there aren't (usually) the nudge-nudge wink-wink attitudes that you would get if a man and woman shared a bed. If you don't think you're doing anything wrong and indeed you aren't - all the guilt and wrong doing is in someone else's head.
Me I'd kick 'em out I can't stand sharing my bed.
I believe the other family wanted to settle out of court - could be wrong on that one but I'd want my pound of flesh no amount of money could buy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Like you, I don't like sharing my bed but my boyfriend insists on sleeping with me. Rolling Eyes
After being accused once before of child abuse shouldn't he try and avoid the type of behaviour that would cause people to raise their eyebrows? You would hope that his family or advisors would take him to one side and suggest that he stops sharing his bed with children and spending so much time around them as it may lead to more accusations. Let's hope that he finally sorts out his act and starts hanging around with people of his own age (and he is an adult regardless of all those stories you read about him being like a child because he missed out on his own childhood) and when he does feel the urge to invite children to stay at his ranch he makes sure that they stay in another room.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
I really didn't want to get in to this.

1.If you shared your bed with a child would you think of molesting them? No? then why think he would?
2.If you've already been found out for lying to get money it makes your actions suspect.

While he has been acquitted therefore innocent of molestation charges, it doesn't mean that I consider his behaviour to be what would generally be considered 'normal'-whatever that is. Perhaps it says something about us that everything has to be about sex, a bed is no longer for sleeping in, a hug is no longer an act of warmth.

Well said, Eve!
Pudoodles
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
You know...maybe it is something wrong with him, or maybe he wanted to share with kids his lost childhood .However,I hate when the prosecuter take a case and they do not have the true facts and believeble acusers.As long as the jurors didn't believe the mother, the charges were lies!!!!
My bf was acussed by his ex that he abused sexually his down-s daughter Shock I was Shock as long as in the last three years I was here all the time and I could see how he behaves with his daughter.And I was very pissed off, I went to his lawer and I didn't want the girl to come to visit her dad only with supervision.We sent the letter on Wednesday and on Friday, she came and dropped her daughter for the weekend at our house.Everything was for the money and to make her ex to look bad in fron of the court.She didn't care about her daughter Sad So,the damage is done, even was nothing true about this.What can we do Question He wants to see his daughters, so I can not say that they are not allowed here, even I want to say it so much!!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I’m going to climb out here on a limb. Someone’s bound to want to saw it off behind me, but here goes anyway:

I wonder how many children in the future are going to be molested as a result of this verdict? My son and I were watching CNN as the verdict came in, and Michael says, “I bet when he gets home today, he’s going to celebrate by inviting a couple of kids to come over for a sleepover....” I couldn’t help but cringe and laugh at the same time when he said, but I just hope to God he wasn’t right!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
carekate I agree with you. Hey I never knew you had a son! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
There was reasonable doubt so the jury made the right decision. I do believe that MJ is a sick man and yes, capable of molesting children. VERY SAD! Hopefully, this will be a wakeup call to parents.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I’m going to climb out here on a limb. Someone’s bound to want to saw it off behind me, but here goes anyway:

I wonder how many children in the future are going to be molested as a result of this verdict? My son and I were watching CNN as the verdict came in, and Michael says, “I bet when he gets home today, he’s going to celebrate by inviting a couple of kids to come over for a sleepover....” I couldn’t help but cringe and laugh at the same time when he said, but I just hope to God he wasn’t right!

sorry but I think that's a ridiculous statement. He's been badly counselled in the past, I doubt he'll allow his home to be so open in the future.

The prosecution has been after him for years, you'd think he could come up with better evidence than the familiy he did.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |