Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
agnas
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I had used 1 set of obgai 2 years ago. however, I had continued to grow up much of pimples and acnes for 2 months. then, i stopped to use immidiately. afterthat , my skin problem improved and restart to use. the problem also persisted . i think that this skin care products not suitable for me. What a pity!
It wastes my money.
Cho

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think Obagi suitable on my skin, but I also need good mosturizer
Cho

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cho wrote:
I think Obagi suitable on my skin, but I also need good moisturizer
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your opinion about Obagi.I'm thinking try Obagi,but I realize to be careful.
DevineMissEm
5% products discount

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
ive just ordered obagi cleanser and toner and night cream.. keep you posted

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I like it, it works for me, but I agree you will need a good moisturizer, I use la mer at morning, and clear#3 at night.
slo

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been on Obagi for almost a year. For me it is supposed to be dry so that the top layer of the skin would peel off to get rid of old scars and speed up the cell renewal process. I would just suggest using it under doctor's supervision as I have been in the past year.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in using the obagi products, but i have to becareful. Thank you for your great post.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Me, too
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Me, too
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your information.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! I started using Obagi Nu-derm last May and it really DID get rid of my hyperpigmentation as advertised! However, it is not to be taken lightly. I had to dedicate the time to apply several products each morning and night. And, I did go through a period where I looked like I had the sunburn from hell! But, I'd do it all again...so I'm happy to share my experience off-line if those who expressed an interest have any specific questions or concerns that I can addressed based on my own usage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Geminiwoman wrote:
Hi all! I started using Obagi Nu-derm last May and it really DID get rid of my hyperpigmentation as advertised! However, it is not to be taken lightly. I had to dedicate the time to apply several products each morning and night. And, I did go through a period where I looked like I had the sunburn from hell! But, I'd do it all again...so I'm happy to share my experience off-line if those who expressed an interest have any specific questions or concerns that I can addressed based on my own usage.

That is the only thing I am worried about-the committment to using all of the products. I am ordering the Obagi Kit this week. Exactly how much time does it take to apply all of the products in the am? Since I work full time and I have to be at work by 7:30, I was curious.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
MrsDowFire wrote:

That is the only thing I am worried about-the committment to using all of the products. I am ordering the Obagi Kit this week. Exactly how much time does it take to apply all of the products in the am? Since I work full time and I have to be at work by 7:30, I was curious.

In the morning I cleansed, toned, used clear, exfoderm, sunfader, and sunscreen. It probably added about 5 minutes to my morning (had been using other stuff, but not as many products).

At first, I just put them on one right after another, and didn't wait for any "soaking in" time. That seemed to work fine. Although, I did hear from someone else that they waited a couple of minutes between applying Clear, Exfoderm, etc... and thought they got improved results doing it that way. Unfortunately, I like to sleep a lot Bad Grin So...didn't take the time to do that very often. But, my skin still got lots of benefits from Obagi. Best of luck to you, and I'm here if you have questions.

Couple of other things...
- Flaking: after a week or so, my skin started to flake a lot...and became noticeable late afternoon. So...I started washing with a washcloth (later a microfiber face cloth) and that helped a LOT!

- Waxing: you CANNOT wax your brows, or any part of your face while using Obagi (it can pull the skin off!). I discovered "threading" to keep my brows groomed, and I love it! You could also do your upper lip, etc...w/threading if you like.

- Facial hair: I thought that the Obagi was actually growing hair on my face! But, what was happening is that the exfoliation process was so intense that the hair I have was just more noticeable. And...I now see a freckle on my cheek that I haven't seen in many years...totally forgot I even had it until there it was one day!

Hugs to you as you begin your Obagi journey!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Geminiwoman - Thank you for the information. I will look into the microfiber face cloths. Can I still bleach my upper lip hair while using Obagi? I use the CVS brand stuff specifically for that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
MrsDowFire, I use bleach to for my upper lip. So the week that I needed to use the bleach, I skipped the Obagi on my upper lip for a day or 2.
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
yomama606 wrote:
MrsDowFire, I use bleach to for my upper lip. So the week that I needed to use the bleach, I skipped the Obagi on my upper lip for a day or 2.

Thank you for the information. Which specific items did you skip?

Kim

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Hey Kim,

I skipped the Retin A/Blender, Exfoderm, and Sunfader. The cleanser, toner, clear and sunscreen were okay...but the others will burn if you use them. Just skip them for a day or 2 at the most, its worth it for not having to see facial hair. Laughing
Jetsetter09

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Obagi system for acne since December. I am spending the semester abroad, and since I have gotten here (February) my skin has gotten so bad that I don't even recognize myself--I have never had acne this bad before in my life. Has this happened to anyone else? Any recommendations? It has been 3 months and nothing good has come from this!

I keep hearing great things about Obagi, but I need to know if anyone else has had this reaction.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if you start with Obagi, do you have to keep using it as the maintenance regime? Or can it just be used as a "once off" treatment? I am worried that with such strong actives, I would have to keep using them ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
serendipity, it is advised to continue with maintenance with Obagi. That said, I have maintained almost all the benefits and I did not continue on maintenance as I did not want to be on HQ long term. If I hadn't used a bad sunscreen, I believe I would still be freckle free.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl. The reviews for Obagi are certainly amazing. But I just don't know where I could hide for all those weeks of skin peeling.

Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, serendipity. Obagi is great. It really depends on how sensitive you are to the ingredients if you need to "hide out"! Very Happy I flaked mostly around my chin/mouth area, and was red but my sunscreen really hid the redness. Good luck with whatever your choose!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I totally understand how you feel about wanting to hide out. My skin never burns or peels, even with being in the sun all day. So this was a new experience for me, being red, burned, and peeling. I was more self conscious about it, than it actually being an issue with others. Once in a while, I got a comment like you look flushed or did you get some sun this weekend. After a month or 2, it gets so much better.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
Thanks Rileygirl. The reviews for Obagi are certainly amazing. But I just don't know where I could hide for all those weeks of skin peeling.

Laughing

My friend and I did not have serious peeling/ flaking, just a bit red on the cheeks in the first week, and some peeling.
Not all ppl have to hide! Very Happy
Moreover, if your skin could be improved in the coming years, it doesn't matter much for being ugly for a few weeks!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |