Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tummytuck July 1st. Advice?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys....I will be getting abdominoplasty done on July 1st. Very apprehensive, but ready to go and get it over with.
Has anyone had this done?
Any advice?

I will miss the forum as part of my daily routine for awhile. Staying with my folks so they can watch my three kids. My youngest is 8 months. He will get a rude awakening when mommy cannot hold him for 4 weeks!! Hopefully I will be able to sit him on my lap by then.

Thanks in advance~
Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I known nothing about this procedure so I can't give advice....Just my best wishes.

Winnie
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! My first born really did a number on me! I am in pretty good shape, but my abs are so shot~tired of having my belly lay down next to me when I go to bed! I would never even had the option of this if my mom hadn't agreed to pay for it.( And watch my 3 monkeys....I think I am more worried about my parents than my kids!!)
I thought of turning down her offer. But I would kick myself in the long run.
I'll be so glad when it is over and done with.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had it done but just wanted to wish you all the best with it! And hopefully you'll be able to log on here while you're recovering as well and keep us updated Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Good luck. I have had major abdominal surgery (not cosmetic). I do have some suggestions. Make sure you eat high protein weeks before the operation. The last two weeks eat fruits and antioxidants but stop aspirin, oily fish, and fish oil supplements. Take a beta carotene supplement before the operation for at least two weeks. This has been shown to improve healing (also zinc has but only if u were deficient to start). After the operation take arginine and orthinine supplements. Move as soon as u can and take a mild laxitive. Constipation is a major problem when you have incisions. Sitting down and getting up may be a problem initially. Get a chair with a relatively high seat or make one before the operation with firm pillows. Pillows are useful when you cough or laugh a lot hug to yourself will make the pain less. I also really liked a plastic potty seat elevator because getting up and down there really hurt. MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM TO GIVE YOU PAIN KILLERS. Doctors like to give only minimal pain killers. I had a very long recovery (6 months with open wound due to infection that were cleaned three times a day by visiting nurses). Speak up ask your MD if you have any questions. Different pain killers act differently Demerol is good for the sharp bits but not the deep constant pain. A coctail of ibuprofin and tylenol works surprisingly well (they work much better together than a large dose of either one). I do not like codeine Tylenol it makes me groggy and nausious but this varies from person to person. Early on I use Percoset which is also a narcotic. In the hospital I had the push button morphine. That works really well and makes you feel good. Make sure they set you on a low constant drip as well because when they first switched me from a constant dose to drip and I fell asleep I woke up in so much pain I literally could not see and went through the worst moments of my life just wanted to die (couldn't talk or move because of tubes and restaints). You need to have an advocate with you at all times during the first several days of recovery. I was really out of it so I did not treat the scars initially but there are now preparations you can use once things are healed well (usually 2-3 weeks) that really reduce the appearance of scars.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck with your op-again had no experience of it but wish you well and hope you'll keep us informed of how you go on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I have not had this done but I wish you lots of luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, again can't help but sending good thoughts and wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure your procedure will go well. I hope I didn't make it seem like it would be too extreme. I just found that a few simple steps really helped out. I had three operations and my chest opened so I'm sure that your experience will be much smoother especially if you prepare to start.

Good luck we'll all give a toast to the new slim you.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ajax.
I work with a woman who had the surgery last year. She'd lost a lot of weight and had some extra flab she needed to get rid of. Her surgery went fine and she was back to work in 6 weeks - looking amazing Very Happy

Good luck with yours, and treat yourself to some smaller clothes when its all over!

Anya
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Awwww, shucks.....you guys are really kind! Thanks for your support Smile Smile It will be nice to teach my fitness classes and not have to worry(or feel like I have to worry)about keeping a tee-shirt over my belly roll Laughing

I've had a C-section and was no fun. My next two were VBACs (vaginal) becuase I was determined not to go through THAT again. I've heard this surgery is quite a bit worse than a C section. Crying or Very sad

BUT..."nothin' to it, but to do it"(corny,I know...my husband always says it!) Trying to stay psyched!

Your words of encouragement made me feel much better! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't had it done, Ajax, but I bet you'll look and feel great!

I did have a c-section with my daughter. Yikes. But I tried to move around and about as soon as possible, but I've never had a flat stomach since, no matter what I've done.

The scar is strategically hidden within the hair down there Laughing so at least that was a plus that the surgeon made the incision so low. My sisters who had c-sections have their scars right on their belly. Of course, I don't really care about scars these days- I'd just love to have a flat tummy again!

I'm sure the tummy tuck will be more involved, but I'm sure you'll be so pleased with the outcome that it will be worth it!

Best of wishes to you. Keep us posted!

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck ajax Very Happy
Hope it all goes well for you and will all be thinking of you I'm sure
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Sharky. You really had some rough times. I hope you are in good health now? The work you had sounds pretty extensive~feel free to share~I'm interested!

Got some extra pillows too..... Wink

Maria~Oh, I don't care about the scars either. I have the same C section scar and it really isn't so bad. The one from the abdominoplasty goes from hip to hip. Still, I'd rather have that than my bulge. I got diastasis erecti(sp?) with my pregnancies,and stretched out skin. I am a rather petite person, and all 3 boys were big. Very worth it, of course. But a blow to one's body image for certain!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Good luck with your surgery. Bravo to your Mom for giving you such a wonderful gift! Three cheers for Ajax's Mom!

My Mom has consulted a doc about having a tummy tuck. She is very fit but has never been able to get her flat tummy back since my younger sister lived in there. I hope she goes through with it. She works so hard to stay in shape it seems really unfair that she can't banish the bulge on her own and she suffers over it.

I marked your surgery in my Daytimer so I remember to send you warm wishes that day. It's also Canada Day! Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Good luck and you will look amazing afterwards. You women have put the fear of god into me with all this childbirth talk Shock Laughing just hope the boyfriend never gets broody Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud,
I wouldn't worry too much about childbirth. My husband who is an expert after all he was there at the conception and birth of all our children said it didn't hurt a bit. Hope that helps to ease your mind. They just slid out apparently(like shelling pea's). Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing You crack me up!!

One word, Rosebud: EPIDURAL!!!

It's amazing what one little shot can do........

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZ Sharky !! Are you trying to scare the hell out of the poor girl? Cause I was getting faint just reading your post. (laughing...)

Actually, Ajax, my secretary had the procedure last year after having lost a very significant amount of weight. She's something of a trooper to begin with, but her recovery was quick and she couldn't be more delighted with the results.

Your mother is a gem - it's a really thoughtful gift. Good luck with it and do keep us posted. AND, you might want to reread Sharky's post and ask your doc for some meds for your parents... Somehow, taking care of 3 little ones sounds more onerous than the surgery!!!
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Katee, by mom is the BEST. (Dad just is going along with this, not saying too much!!)And you are right....I am more concerned with how they are going to handle my kids than my recovery!! Mom is 70, Dad is 78. I'm in good shape so I am HOPING ( praying!!) that my recovery is not going to be too long. ( they are in good shape too, but I fear they may have to go on blood pressure meds after this!!)My mom is insistant they can handle it. She had a hysterectomy when she was in her thirties. She gained weight and was never really happy with her body image. I think she wishes she had done something about it for herself long ago. Wants me to not have go through life the same way. I couldn't afford this on my own, even if I could, couldn't justify spending on myself with 3 kids. (although, if you added up all the $$ I spend on skincare I could probably get myself an extreme makeover!!!!)Somehow how spending little bits here and there deosn't seem as bad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:09 am      Reply with quote
You'll do fine with the kids. The only no no is lifting for at least three weeks but preferrably for 6 weeks. The tummy tuck is much milder than my surgeries but all abdominal surgery has some common care points and it really does matter in how fast you recover. You are in good shape so recovery should be fast. The most important things are to move around, to eat protein rich food (the orthinine and arginine supplement really accelerated my wound healing) and to have a laxitive on hand.

I'll bet you'll be pleased with the results. During your recovery feel free to pm me if you have any problems or questions. I've researched (and lived through) many issues having to due with surgery and wound healing and would be glad to share.

Here's to a nice slim tummy!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Please let us know how you are doing I hope you are well.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Hope you're feeling better young lady, we promise not to make you giggle too much Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I hope everything went well and you will be back with us soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,

Best wishes being sent your way. Hope to hear from you soon. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |