Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you ever go sunscreen free in the sun?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Do you ever let the direct sun rays absorb into your skin bare, with no sunscreen cover?

Yes Daily
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Occasionally - Couple times a week
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Only Rarely
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Never! No sun is good sun. I'm always covered and protected from the suns rays 100% of the time.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious how often people use sunscreen. Do you use it all the time, everyday? Or everytime you step outside anywhere? And where do you use it? Do you put it all over your body or just on places that your skin is showing like your face, arms (if wearing a t-shirt) etc.? Do you ever go out in the sun in the direct rays with bare clean skin? Cool
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
This is good idea Very Happy
Well as I live in the UK where we have to dance under the full moon praying and hoping for sun Laughing I would say that I come under the occasional usage.
If it's sunny I will put some on my face (we are usually fully covered up here Rolling Eyes ), mainly forhead, nose, cheeks and upper chest area.
Then when we have nice weather and I can dust off the old summer dress (this is once in a blue moon!!) I apply to legs, arms, shoulders, neck, back and face, basically anything that's exposed.
Quite often though I expose my legs, face and arms to direct sun with no sunscreen Embarassed
I don't use sunscreen everyday and don't bother on areas that are covered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Everyday I use an SPF of 15 on face and exposed parts of my body.
m
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
no one is always covered up, that's impossible unless you work at night and leave the house after sunset and before sunrise. and then even then one can't work 7 days a week, and plus you aren't going to have that job forever and haven't had it since you were born
Mabsy

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
hmm I think the poll is a bit confusing. The title of the post is "How often and where do you use sunscreen?" and you ask if we use it daily so I clicked on "daily" not realising that you gave the poll a different title - which was actually the reverse of the title of this thread. I actually do use it daily and I wonder if any others made the same mistake as me... Perhaps I'm just a little suprised that most people (granted, the sample so far is small) would not use SPF at all Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Everyday (even when I stay indoors). I use SPF of 60
sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Mabsy. You're right, I messed it up. I just changed the title of the post but it won't let me reset the poll. I hope it's not too skewed now. I'm more interested in the written responses though. Interesting.

Also when I say going in the sun daily, doesn't mean never wearing sunscreen, just intentionally getting some sun on bare skin, even if just for 10min. at a time.
Mabsy

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Not to worry - I think I'm probably the only one who mixed it up. Typical! Laughing

I don't ever intentionally go out into the sun without wearing sunblock just for the purpose of getting some sun. I do get some sun though - it is still important given that you need it for vit D production.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I misread it when I voted too so maybe the poll is a bit skewed as you suggest, interesting though.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
m wrote:
no one is always covered up, that's impossible unless you work at night and leave the house after sunset and before sunrise. and then even then one can't work 7 days a week, and plus you aren't going to have that job forever and haven't had it since you were born

Actually not impossible, m. The poll asked if you went out if the house without sunscreen cover, and my answer to that is never. In my house, I do not open any curtains and my roommates know better than to even try it when I am at home. Laughing When I go out I always have sunscreen on all exposed areas. I also use a parasol everyday now. Padantic???maybe, but that is the only way I don't feel stressed walking out the door.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I try to make sure its at least on my face and chest ...since its been really hot and humid here lately (96 degrees today...) , I've been wearing lots of skirts and tank tops...and applying sunscreen on the areas exposed. Even so i don't stand around in the sun like "Come and get me"...im always the girl in the shade blocking the stupid ball in the sky...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
attempting to block*

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Face, neck and hands. I try to keep it on my shoulders as well when I have on short sleeves.
I was an occasional sunscreener until about two years, when I started to see some not so pretty changes in my skin. Now I must admit, I am pretty anal about it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
My skin never sees the sun without heavy protection - and yes, it can be annoying to others at times, especially on vacation. lol

Head to toe, I wear a high SPF containing Mexoryl, Titanium, & Avobenzone on a daily basis. I keep exposure well under 2 cumulative hours a day to avoid having to reapply sunscreen (haha) - and when I drive, I wear shades & a cute, carefully-chosen hat that doesn't give me hat-head. Very Happy

Don't you wish we could spend, say, $100 to have sunscreen applied all over that takes a year to wear off? I'd go for that in a second! lol
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use it everyday after my C serum. Apply to all areas that will be exposed to sun. In summer, that means arms, legs, neck, chest, face. In winter, no arms or legs but all the rest get a dousing.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen is part of my daily skincare regime. I put sunscreen on my face and I put lotion with sunscreen on my body. The only time I go out without sunscreen is if I go outside before I get dressed in the morning.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm like rosebud.
so it depends, if I'm at home I might sit out with nothing on my skin for 15/20 minutes depending how strong it feels. I feel I'm soaking up the vit.D
If I'm going to be out for longer I'll wear sunscreen on my face. Like today, at lunch I'm going to sit outside with a high spf on my face but legs & arms bare.
On holiday then yes of course as it's much hotter and the sun is stronger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Eve glad I'm not the only one Very Happy The weather we have been having is stunning. Last week we had one hell of a storm with great big hailstones!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
People have to realise why they say brits talk about the weather so much.
1. We have weather Very Happy
2.Having weather makes it hard to make decisions.

How can you plan under such conditions. Confused

If you live in sunny or cold climate then fair enough you know what you're getting on most days here..good luck!

rosebud don't mention the hail, it may come back!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I usually wear sunscreen/sunblock when I go outside, but usually never reapply. Too much of a hassle to =)
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |